Status: Feito

Together Let's...

Go on an Adventure

“Dimples? You can’t ignore me forever. So I messed up your ‘piano’ lessons… it’s not like that’s the first one I’ve screwed up. Remember the cookie incident? Come on, it’s been two days already. How can I make it up to you? You gotta let me know what I can do to make this better. Talk to me or something. I still have a few minutes before I gotta leave.”

Jack, as before, was met with nothing. The silent treatment he’d been receiving didn’t look to be getting any better. He knew the list was important to Alex, but what was one thing? They could just do it again if the younger really wanted to. Except, it had already been checked off as completed.

With a sigh, Jack began doing one final sweep around the room to make sure that he didn’t forget anything on his way out of the house and to school. He didn’t have work afterward, and he knew that he was just going to spend all of his time trying to think of a way to mend what he’d broken, but he figured he at least wouldn’t be completely ignored on campus.

It was when he caught sight of the list on the way out of the door that an idea clicked into his mind. Really, what was one day of missed school? There was still another month until finals, so he didn’t have a reason to worry.

“I’m gonna go now, dimples. I’ll see you soon. I love you.” There was a mumbled, ‘I love you,’ in response (one of the only things he’d been told within the prior forty-eight hours), and that was enough for the elder.

A trip to the closest F.Y.E. was taken, and inside, an employee was immediately sought out. To his joy, everything he was looking for was all in one spot. To his displeasure, they were all ridiculously expensive. From the looks of it, his showers were about to become a hell of a lot shorter… but it was all in the name of love.

Jack forced a smile as he paid for his products, his bank account wept, and Alex sat in unawareness at home.

If he was honest, Jack was sort of excited. He knew that his idea of an adventure was probably different than Alex’s, but it was the thought that counted. That, and if Alex didn’t appreciate the effort, he’d cry.

Another stop was made at the local supermarket, and some of Alex’s favorite snacks were picked up. Chocolate-covered pretzels, popcorn, M&M’s, and a plethora of other delicious, fatty foods. If Alex didn’t forgive him, he wasn’t sure what else he could possibly do.

The ride home was filled with worry (and no thoughts about how his bank account was more than likely weeping) that he’d somehow find a way to screw up once more. What if Alex didn’t like it? What if Alex thought it was stupid? What if Alex thought he was—

“Dimples, I’m home. I’ve got a surprise for you,” he called through the house once he’d walked through the door. With two bags in each hand, the lock was set back into place and the stairs were ascended.

The Briton was still sat on his spot in the bed, the blankets wrapped around his shoulder and the TV playing some morning talk show that neither truly cared about. He did give a curious glance when Jack entered the room, and soon that glance became a full-on stare.

When Jack didn’t make a move from where he was stood in the doorway, Alex struggled his way out of the duvet and hobbled over to the edge of the bed on his knees. After a quick, suspicious look-over, he was reaching out both hands and asking, “What’s in the bags?”

Jack grinned. “Will you stop being mad at me if I show you?” A moment of faux deliberation was taken before a nod was received.

Alex’s eager hands quickly overturned all of the bags onto the center of the bed, and a smile split his lips. “What’s this all for?” he asked, peeking up at his boyfriend before separating the food from the DVDs.

“The next thing on the list is to go on an adventure. I figured that, I don’t know… we both like Adventure Time, and we’re both kinda lazy… why not spend the day in bed watching as many episodes as possible while eating all of your favorite junk foods?”

Alex’s cheeks turned a light shade of pink as he moved toward the edge of the bed once more. His arms lifted to wrap around Jack’s neck, pulling the elder into a hug.

“I’m sorry I acted like a little bitch, baby. Thank you for this. It’s perfect. Why don’t you put in the first episode, and I’ll go downstairs and make us some popcorn.”

Jack nodded his head in agreement, but instead of letting the younger climb from the bed, he wrapped his arms around a thin waist and pulled their bodies close to start up another kiss. “I’m glad you’re not acting like a little bitch anymore,” he mumbled, letting his lips graze against a stumbled cheek until he reached a smooth neck.

The elder’s own stubble tickled against Alex’s throat, pulling a shiver and laugh from the younger. “Me, too… but right now, we’ve got an adventure to go on. I’ll be back in two minutes, okay? Oh, and you might wanna clear your schedule for tomorrow, too… we’re not leaving the bed, then, either.”

If there was anything Jack considered himself, it was a lucky man.
♠ ♠ ♠
maybe one or two more tonight
i feel like i'm just getting desperate to finish now tbh
I DIDN'T THINK OF THE HOBBIT UNTIL LIKE THE LAST SECOND BUT I WAS TOO LAZY TO REWRITE THE WHOLE THING GOD DAMN IT