Status: Feito

Together Let's...

Take a NOH8 Picture

The day Jack was finally able to work up the nerve to propose was in the middle of June. He wasn’t sure what it was at first, but he knew that something was going to happen that would make the opportunity absolutely flawless. For hours, that small box with the ring hidden inside was tucked deep into his back pocket, disguised as his phone. Or, at least, if Alex asked, it was his phone.

The younger never even questioned it.

It was at noon that Alex turned to face Jack on the couch. “I was looking at the list this morning. We only have one more thing to do, if you wanna do that today.”

“What is it?” the elder asked, doing his best to appear as nonchalant as possible. He had a feeling that his opportunity had finally arrived.

“Take a NOH8 picture. You know, like the ones where they write N-O-H-8 on their cheeks, put duct tape over their mouths, and wear all white? I had an idea for one, if you’re up for it. We don’t have to do it today if you don’t want to,” Alex assured.

“Of course we can do it today. Do we have everything we’ll need?” Alex gave nothing more than a nod, and then Jack was climbing to his feet hastily. “What are we waiting for, then?” he asked. “Let’s go get everything set up.”

Alex grinned shyly and accepted the hand he was offered. Together, the pair marched themselves upstairs. Their colorful shirts were exchanged for white shirts, the laptop was turned on and the webcam opened up, duct tape was found in the bottom of the closet, and some body paints that Alex had bought only days prior were pulled from their hiding spot beneath the bathroom sink.

The men took turns painting on each other’s cheeks—Alex with NO on his right cheek and Jack with H8 on his left. Next, the applying of the duct tape over their mouths began. Cringes wracked both of their spines at the knowledge that, in just minutes, it would have to be ripped off, but they both understood that sometimes, sacrifices had to be made.

A final check-over was given by Alex before he moved them around to be positioned in front of the laptop’s built-in camera. The couple face each other after a timer had been set, and then they moved toward each other as though they were about to kiss. The fingers on the hands closest to the camera were linked together between them. Alex’s left hand rested against Jack’s cheek as the elder’s hand squeezed at a thin waist.

Then, contact was cut off on Jack’s end. Alex was confused at first. Had Jack decided that he wasn’t comfortable with what they were doing? Had something happened?

His eyes blinked open in order to see what was going on, only to be met with Jack on one knee in front of him, a small black box opened in his hand displaying a silver engagement band.

No words were (or even could be) spoken, but they weren’t needed. Everything that was needed to be said hung in the air, both promises that had been made to themselves and each other floating above their heads. Promises of love, of happiness, of hope, of a future together that wouldn’t ever reach its end. Adoration, devotion, honesty.

Alex’s hands shot up to cover his duct-taped mouth just as the camera made a faux snap to signify that a photo had been taken. He was nodding his head furiously after only a few extra moments of standing stock still. His eyes watered as he dropped to his knees as well, immediately wrapping his arms around Jack’s neck and pulling him into a kiss. The duct tape separating them was long forgotten.

Jack was the first to move back, his empty hand lifting to wipe away the tears that had managed to fall. Alex was still nodding his head yes, choked laughs getting stuck in his chest with no true way of escape. As soon as the ring had been slipped onto his finger, he was tackling his partner to the ground and attempting yet another kiss.

He couldn’t really believe it, if he was going to be completely honest. He was going to marry the man of his dreams, the man he loved with every ounce of his being.

He couldn’t remember a time where he’d been as excited.

--- ---

A little more than an hour later, after the picture that had been taken was posted on all of their social media accounts, their slight mess was cleaned up, and a little celebratory sex had been done, the couple was (as they usually were) cuddling together in their bed.

Nothing was being said, just the sound of their breathing being more than enough for the both of them. Jack’s nerves were gone, Alex’s excitement had dwindled, and the air in the room felt more relaxed than it had in a while… until Jack just so happened to glance over toward the door to see that not one, but two boxes had been left unchecked on the list. One dealt with the NOH8 picture, but the other one he couldn’t quite read.

“Dimples?” he said quietly, nudging his nose against his partner’s temple to get his attention. “What’s the last thing on the list? The one below the NOH8 picture?”

Alex glanced over to the door as well before he propped himself up on Jack’s chest, smiling down at his beau. “It says ‘write our own love story.’”

Jack gave a nod, but he didn’t quite understand. Nevertheless, he asked, “When are we gonna get started on that?”

Alex blushed and ducked down for a quick kiss. All he had to say was a hushed, “That's the thing... we already have.”
♠ ♠ ♠
it is exactly 12 oh well that counts yay this is the end finally
thank u to everyone who's taken the time to read and comment and sub and rec to this i love u!!!!!