Status: COMPLETE. If you like this, maybe come read some of my other stuff? I don't bite. :)

This Should Feel Something Like Fire.

The Chemicals Will Bring You Home.

"This is all your fault." Vic grumbled as I led him to where Jack and I had met the previous day, and where he had told me to meet today. His face was still red from third period, the mixture of embarrassment and frustration evident on his face no matter how much he wished he could hide it. He felt like he had made a bad impression on Mr. Gaskarth already.
I smirked. "Oh, please. I'm not the one who sent the message." I sang. I suddenly found the back of my head hitting the wall as Vic cornered me intimidatingly, somehow without a single hair touching me. Almost as if the distance between us controlled the speed of my heart rate, my heart started pounding in my chest and the overwhelming urge to kiss Vic came over me as I leaned toward him. Vic tried to stop me, I know it, but the trance we were in seemed to force us together.
A loud gasp came from the other end of the hallway and we were pushed apart. One of Jack's cool, damp hands were on both of our chests while Mr. Gaskarth ran to us. Both men ushered us into the lounge, Jack keeping a hand on me as Mr. Gaskarth took Vic and stood with him a good five feet away from Jack and myself. "Sit." Mr. Gaskarth commanded the three of us. Jack and I immediately went over to a couch and sat, but Vic defiantly stayed where he was. Mr. Gaskarth glared at Vic, who glared back just as hard. They seemed to be in some sort of match - a mental argument.
"Alex, just let him stand. You know this could last all night." Jack said finally, exasperated. Alex looked at his lover, and after shortly staring at him as well, nodded.
"Right, well, first of all, sorry about your phones. I hope they're okay?" He asked, I assumed about the burn marks.
"They're fine." Vic snapped back authoritatively. Him and Alex seemed to be battling for dominance. It was as if one of them had to be the Alpha, like wolves.
Alex took a deep breath, calming down, before continuing, talking more to Vic than to me. "Look, I know you probably want to rip my head off right now, but I need you to listen. Just give me five minutes to explain, then you can say whatever you want." He nearly begged. Vic narrowed his eyes, but nodded for him to continue. "Alright. Basically you guys are partners - romantically, as it seems -" Alex snickered a little before continuing. "And there's a 99% chance you guys will spend your entire lives together. You're this thing called an Elemental-"
"Actually, I know." Vic cut him off, but apologetically. "My dad had a book about them and I read about them. I kind of figured it out that I was one awhile ago."
"Right." Alex said, looking confused. "So how much do you know?"
"Um, I know that it's dangerous to be an Elemental, but I don't know why?" Vic tried.
"The Resistance." Jack whispered gravely from beside me.
"Resistance?" Vic asked.
"Yeah, the Resistance. If they find you, they will kill you, no questions asked. They see us as highly dangerous, which, as we're younger, we are. But as we grow up, we learn how to control ourselves and stay hidden and harmless."
"We're dangerous? How?" I asked, realizing we were the "young ones" they were talking about.
Alex huffed, understanding what he had said, and Jack glared at him. "I'm assuming by the text I read between you two that you know what happens when you touch." Both Vic and I blushed, Vic becoming irritated again. "And you've definitely experienced the - um - lust, that comes with being an Elemental. That" Alex coughed in awkwardness "lust sticks around for awhile. Like maybe ten years. So within those first years, it's really hard to control yourselves. On top of that, you're learning how to control your powers, which is trouble in itself. So yes, without help, it's really dangerous for you to be around other people." My eyebrows knitted together in confusion. Jack and Alex didn't seem to have a problem controlling their powers or their lust, but they didn't look a day over twenty. So how had they been together for longer than ten years?
"Wait, how old are you guys?"
They exchanged a glance, and Jack was the one to answer me. "Alex is 330, and my 329th birthday just passed. You stop physically aging somewhere between ten and twenty years after you meet your partner, once your powers are fully developed. Then, you stay alive until the next generation of Elementals come through, which would be you two. You guys are the tenth generation of Elementals. The ones before Alex and I were like 500 when they found us." My jaw dropped. "I know, it's crazy. But it's true; you have to trust us."
It was quiet for a moment, then Vic spoke. "Okay, but that doesn't explain why every word that comes out of Alex's mouth makes me want to slap him." He said matter-of-factly, still glaring at Alex.
Alex laughed. "Jack calls it the 'asshole gene.' It only happens in those who are the fire side of an Elemental pair. You get really overprotective of your partner, you feel like you should be in charge of everything. It seriously just makes you the biggest asshole ever, hence the name 'asshole gene.' You've probably felt like this around other Alpha guys, except probably not as strong. Because I have the same gene as you, it kind of kicks your hormones into overdrive and makes you feel like you have to outdo me in everything you do. It's kind of puberty in the Elemental world. Don't worry; the feeling should lessen in a few weeks. Until then, just try not to kill me or be too big of a dick. It's really interesting, actually," Alex continued to ramble. "The other half of the Elementals - the water side - have the exact opposite happen. The feel like they're weak, sort of like they're incapable of doing anything. It's quite dangerous, honestly. Jack spent almost fifty years depressed because of that. See, while the asshole gene isn't that bad after the first few weeks, the 'submissive gene' can last for a very long time. Keep an eye on that." He warned us both.
"Maybe I should apologize to you then...in a week." Vic said. His hands were starting to shake from his anger. I knew he couldn't help it, but it still made me a little scared to watch.
"Is that everything? Fifth period is almost over..." I asked, thankful that the end of the day was almost here. I needed to touch Vic again.
After detention.
"I think so, for now. Oh, here, give me your phones. I'll put both mine and Jack's numbers in so you can contact us whenever you need. Seriously, even if it's not related to Elemental stuff, call us. We're supposed to help you in any way we can. Oh, and don't worry about detention today. It just would've seemed weird to everyone else if I hadn't."
We both handed our phones to Alex - Me, relieved, and Vic, very begrudgingly - and he messed with them for a minute before handing them back.
"Wait a second!" Jack jumped up from his seat and went searching through his computer bag, procuring a shiny piece of cloth and handing it to Vic. "It's a fireproof blanket for your, uh... extracurricular activities."
"R-Right." Vic said, staring at his feet. Alex and Jack looked at each other before looking at us and laughing.
"Don't worry about it, guys. We were exactly the same way. Trust me, it'll get easier to control. It might seem like you guys are moving really fast in your relationship, but that's kind of just how it's meant to be with Elementals. You're lucky, though. They didn't have those things when we went through this." Alex said, still laughing at our flusteredness. As soon as the dismissal bell rang, Vic was walking out the door so fast that I barely had enough time to grab my bag and thank Jack and Alex before I ran out behind him.
"Vic, wait up!" I yelled, running down the hallway after him. He waited for me, and we walked to Jaime's car together, keeping at least a foot of distance between us. Vic looked like he wanted to kill something. "Hey. Don't listen to Alex. Obviously the asshole gene doesn't wear off as much as they think it does." That got him to laugh a little. I smiled at his smile, glad I could calm him down that fast. "Come on, let's get home."
Vic took a shaky breath at the mention of being home together. "You have no idea how much I've been thinking about that all day."
"Oh, I think I have a pretty good idea." I could already feel my pants getting a little tighter. We grinned at one another and raced to the car where thankfully the rest of the guys were already waiting to go. Tony had already claimed shotgun, so Vic got Mike to sit between us in the car. Even so, I had a difficult time not reaching across Mike and smashing my lips to Vic's right then and there.
I really did try not to seem inconspicuous when we got out to my house, but I couldn't help giving the guys a curt goodbye and running into the house clutching the fireproof blanket like a lifeline. Vic was breathing down my neck as I fumbled with my house keys. My hands shook so badly that Vic almost tore the keys from my hands and opened the door himself.
We burst through the door, and Vic was already halfway up the stairs telling his mom he was home when I saw and read the note my mom left on the counter.
Kellin, Vic, and Mike, it read.
Went out job searching for Viv, then shopping a few towns over. Won't be home until late tonight. I know it's pizza Thursday, so I don't have to worry about dinner. Have fun boys! :)
-Mom(s).
Vic looked at me, the biggest smile I've ever seen on anyone filling his face. He ran to me so fast I could barely open the blanket and wrap myself in it before Vic's lips were on mine, his body pressing so, so close to me and I pulled the blanket around us tighter, forcing us closer together than I thought was humanely possible.