Status: COMPLETE. If you like this, maybe come read some of my other stuff? I don't bite. :)

This Should Feel Something Like Fire.

Oh, Catastrophe.

"Are your dicks away?" Mike asked five minutes later from the top of the stairs.
"Shut the fuck up, Michael." Vic growled. Mike simply laughed and him, Tony and Jaime walked back downstairs, joining us in the living room, looking more uncomfortable than I had ever seen them. They were lighthearted guys, probably never had a serious moment in their lives. Tony sat himself on the arm of the couch and Jaime stood beside him, arms crossed. Mike, much more lax, plopped down in the armchair.
"Start explaining, now." Jaime demanded. Vic looked to me, obviously expecting me to explain, considering they were my friends.
"Well, uh, okay. Um..." I trailed off, unsure how to start. The ever-hyper Jaime was starting to get impatient, tapping his foot. "Do you believe in mythical creatures?"
"Like, as in vampires and werewolves?" Tony clarified. Slowly, I nodded.
"About ten minutes ago I would've said hell no, but now, I'm not so sure." Jaime said curiously.
I took a deep breath before continuing. Vic came close to me and intertwined our fingers. The familiar itching sensation tickled my hand as water met fire between our palms. "We're Elementals. Long story short, he can shoot fire out of his hands, I can shoot water out of my hands. We're partners, which basically means we're destined to be together forever."
Jaime's eyes bulged out of his head, and Tony looked as if he were about to pass out. "Please tell me this is some elaborate April Fool's joke or something." Jaime said, shaking his head out of a daze.
"I wish it was, but it's not April." I responded in a monotone. What if this was it? They wouldn't accept this and they would leave?
Jaime and Tony looked at each other, having a conversation of body language. Finally, both boys nodded and turned to us. Tony was the one to speak for them. "We need some time with this. I promise we aren't mad, it's just...a lot to take in."
"We understand." I sighed.
"However, you guys can't tell anyone. There's a reason Elementals aren't your normal common fairy tale. There are people after us, and if they find us, they will kill us." Vic told them, a very serious expression covering his lovely face.
"Of course." Tony said, then without another word, he grabbed Jaime and pulled him out of the house before he could protest. The three of us in the house didn't move until we heard Jaime's car pull out of my driveway.
"Well, this has been sufficiently awkward, and I've got homework." Mike yawned as he stretched and stood up. "Y'all need anything?"
"No, we should be good. We'll probably turn in soon anyways." Vic explained as my phone went off. I rushed over its position on the coffee table where I had thrown it earlier to answer it, seeing the caller ID as my dad.
My dad wasn't a bad person, per say, but him and my mom never got along. They split up when I was seven, but every summer I went to his beach house in Florida for a few weeks and I normally took some time off in the winter to go see him. Now, my parents could hold a conversation with one another, but it's probably better that they live states apart. Every time I went to my dad's, he was living with another girl. I never got to know them very much, but they all seemed nice enough. They never hurt me and they put up with my strict father until he dumped them. Despite his flaws and slight man-whorishness, I loved the man and I was always excited when he did his once-a-month check-up call.
"Dad, hey!" I exclaimed as I pressed the answer button. I mouthed a quick sorry to Vic and he just smiled lightly and waved it off, walking Mike upstairs, whispering to him quietly.
"Hey, Kellin! How have you been? How's school?" He asked back just as eagerly.
"I've been alright. School's school, dad. Horrible like always."
He laughed. "And Jaime and Tony?" A few times, Jaime and Tony had come down on vacation with me. My dad had enough room and they had never been to a beach before.
"They're...alright, I guess."
"Did y'all have a fight?"
"...Kind of."
"What does 'kind of' mean?" I bit my bottom lip. Should I tell him? What would he think?
"It's nothing. Just a little misunderstanding we had."
"Ah, okay. Those things happen a lot in high school. I'm sure it will work itself out in no time." I nodded as if he could see me when he continued. "So, I talked to your mother a little while ago. We were talking about this summer and such and when you could come down."
"And?"
"Well, it seems as if you're not gonna be able to come down for more than a few days; our schedules just don't work out. We were talking about if it's even worth it to send you down here for only that long."
"But dad," I whined. "I barely get to see you, and this is like the only time I really get to spend time with you." As I complained, headlights turned into the driveway. It seemed like Mom and Vivian had gotten done before they expected to.
"I know, Kellin. I'm upset too. So, I took matter into my own hands. I figured if you can't come visit me this summer, I'll come visit you."
My eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "Dad, I don't think that would change anything. We'd still both be super busy; changing locations wouldn't help at all."
"I don't mean this summer."
"Then when do you mean?"
"Look outside." Then it clicked in my brain. The headlights outside weren't mom's.
I sprinted to the door, throwing it open and running into my dad's arms just as he got out of his car. "Oh my gosh, it's really you!" I squealed. I was maybe a tad overexcited, but this was a big deal to me.
"Hey kid." I breathed in his strong forest-like scent - which never really made sense to me, as my dad was the exact opposite of an outdoorsy person - and felt my body heat up as his above-average temperatured skin warmed my cool skin. Temperature wise, his body was hotter than Vic's was.
"How long are you staying?"
"A week or two. I have a friend who works at a nearby hotel who got me a great deal on a room. My boss gave me some time off because the case we're working on at the moment isn't getting anywhere." I grinned. This would be great. My dad was really busy with his work, and it was amazing that he got this time off. Normally when I was down in Florida with him, he went to work early in the morning and didn't come home until late at night, leaving me and whoever his current toy was to our own devices for the day. It wasn't too hard to amuse me; there were plenty of interesting stores on the boardwalk and an abundance of waves to surf. I never knew exactly what he did, but I knew it was important as he was considered a federal agent. Anytime I asked what he did he always told me it was confidential.
"Well, come inside for now. Mom is shopping. And you can meet Vic and Mike!" I explained to him why they were staying here, and he understood completely. My dad grew up in an abusive home. "It was a different time," He would always tell me, and he was right. There were no laws on hitting a child, but that didn't mean the mental pain he endured was any less.
"Guys!" I yelled. They started to walk down but as soon as they reached the top of the stairs, both boys froze. Fear flooded Mike's face, and the anger that contorted Vic's countenance was enough to heat up the room. My hand started to itch. "Vic, calm down." I commanded, my eyes silently begging him. My dad gave me a curious look. "It's just my dad."
"It's okay; I won't hurt you, I promise." The sincerity in his voice and face couldn't be denied, but Vic was still hesitant as he led Mike downstairs. "You're Vic?" He guessed.
He stood up even straighter than he already was as he stuck out his hand to shake my father's. "Yes sir." The second their hands met, they both gasped and jumped apart. "Kellin, come here, please. Mike, upstairs now." Vic growled in a deep voice.
"What's going on?" Mike and I asked together, but complied nonetheless.
"Don't worry about it, Mikey. I'll tell you later, okay?" Vic's face softened as he looked at his brother. I could sense the fear he had for his sibling. Whatever just happened was bad, and my feet inched closer and closer to Vic. "Don't come out of your room till I tell you to, okay?" Mike nodded immediately. He had so much faith in his brother. I guess in a family like his he had no choice but to trust him most times.
As soon as we heard Mike's door close, Vic yanked me behind him, shielding me with his body from one of the people I thought was supposed to protect me. "You stay away from us. Go home and we'll pretend this never happened."
"Now Vic, I'm not sure how you know who I am, but I'm sure you realize that I can't just do that. I don't know how I never realized my own son was an Elemental; if I had, I would have finished you both off years ago."
By this point, Vic's body was shaking. Fire was flying in waves off his body. It would have hit my dad if it weren't for my water holding him back. I was still entirely confused by the standoff happening between my father and my partner. "What's going on here? Dad, how do you know about Elementals?"
My dad turned to look at me, a sick, sly smirk on his face that made me shiver. Vic gulped and looked me in the eyes. "He's part of the Resistance."
"The leader of the Resistance, thank you." My father corrected.
That's when I knew we were going to die.
♠ ♠ ♠
At least it's not Jaime...?