Status: Ongoing

The Beacon

The Body

Living next to the school was supposed to be a nice thing for Mason, he would be able to walk to school and sleep in but he didn’t expect to hear a girl’s screaming echoing inside of his home. He moved from his laptop quickly and opened his front door with confusion and fear, as the girl screamed again he couldn’t help but to become worried and a little bit nosy. He put a beanie over his long brown hair and exited his home. Running to the screams, he found a red headed girl standing there, he quickly moved to her.
“Are you ok?” asked Mason looking to the girl checking for blood, not even noticing the body until the girl pointed to the bleachers. In what seemed like slow motion, Mason turned to see the body of the boy with his heart ripped out, naked body, and an odd smile on his face.
“I found him like this” said Lydia, the tears coming from her eyes.
“Have you called the police?”
“No, not yet” said Lydia, before Mason could even respond to her or pull his cell phone out of his pocket, the guy from the vet clinic, Scott, was pulling up on a motorcycle. When he saw Mason, his eyes widened.
“What are you doing here?” asked Scott curious.
“I live not far from here and I heard screaming” said Mason
“Great” was the only word Scott seemed to think was appropriate to reply at the moment. He didn’t want Mason here for many reasons but the main one: he didn’t want him knowing what they were. Mason just rolled his eyes and looked to Lydia again before seeing the body, he had to fight back the feeling of vomit.
“Shouldn’t we call the police? An ambulance? Something?” asked Mason dumbfounded that right now there were nothing but teenagers out here and no professionals.
“We will, soon” said Scott as the blue jeep pulled into the parking lot; Stiles, Derek, and Peter got out and quickly ran over to the other three, each of them eyeing Mason.
“Who the hell is this?” asked Derek eying Mason, Scott sighed.
“Mason, he works at the vet clinic, lives near hear, and heard the scream” said Scott sounding bored.
“That’s all we need a human here with us” said Peter with a sideways glance to Stiles before looking to Mason.
“What do you mean by that?” asked Mason but Peter just smiled and moved to the body, casually sniffing near Mason, before turning back to him.
“You smell funny” said Peter before moving to examine the body.
“Whatever you hear tonight, don’t repeat it, understand?” asked Derek eying Mason with his alpha stare, wishing that he still was one.
“Or what? You are going to kill me?” asked Mason with a roll of his eyes.
“If I have too” said Derek moving to Peter and the body.
“Someone want to tell me what the fuck is going on?” asked Mason pulling out his cellphone, punching in a nine before the phone was ripped from his hand by Derek, who placed it in his own pocket.
“No cops, not yet” said Derek, looking to Scott in a way that seemed to ask him to get Mason the hell away from them.
“Why don’t I walk you home, Mason?” asked Scott moving towards him and grabbing his arm, Mason quickly snatched his arm away.
“Why don’t you tell me what the fuck is going on” said Mason, Scott just sighed and rolled his eyes.
“If I walk you home, I will tell you all I can” said Scott, Mason seemed to be OK with this notion and nodded, Scott tried his best not to look at Stiles as he walked by him.
“Hey to you to Scott” said Stiles, Scott stopped for a moment but kept walking with Mason beside him, when they were far enough away, Peter turned to Derek.
“Did you smell him?” asked Peter examing the body as Stiles walked closer to Lydia to rub her back, knowing she was tired of seeing dead bodies.
“Peter, I don’t get off on smelling everyone I come in contact with” said Derek eyeing the hole in the man’s chest, “but yes, I smelled him”
“He’s not human”
“I know” said Derek looking the way Scott just walked off with Mason, before turning back to Peter, “but what is he?”
“Something this town hasn’t seen before” said Peter before turning to the body, “just like this”
“This isn’t some wolf attack is it?” asked Lydia looking to the wolves.
“Nope, wolves wouldn’t just take the heart, this is something else” said Derek, biting his bottom lip.
“What was it?” asked Stiles looking to his boyfriend.
“I don’t know, but we need to research and find out. Maybe get Scott to talk to Deaton, maybe he knows what does something like this” said Derek while his boyfriend sighed.
“Then you better ask him because he isn’t talking to me” said Stiles with a frown.
“Give him time, Stiles. He is just hurting” said Lydia softly.
“Nephew, I found something” said Peter looking below him on the grass.
“What?” asked Derek curiously.
“The heart” said Peter pointing down, all four of them looking to find the red heart sitting on the freshly mowed green grass.

Scott didn’t say much as he walked Mason to his door, but as soon as they were in the driveway, Mason turned to him.
“So what was that? Why are teenagers inspecting crime scenes?” asked Mason, Scott looked thoughtful for a moment.
“Would you believe we are undercover cops?” asked Scott looking to Mason who just crossed his arms over his chest. “Ok, well, how much do you know about werewolves?”
“A lot, my heritage is based on folklores of them, why?”
“Well, you see, Beacon Hills isn’t your normal town. There are things here that are different”
“Like werewolves?” asked Mason with a non-believing look on his face.
“Look, I am trying to explain why we were there tonight, you see” started Scott when the door opened and Mason’s mom was standing there with a curiously look on her face.
“Mason, it’s time to come inside now” she said, keeping her eyes on Scott, Mason started to protest but she held open the door and motioned for him to come inside.
“Night Scott, see you tomorrow, I guess” said Mason moving past his mom inside the house, Scott waved and looked to the woman.
“I know what you are, stay away from my son”
“Um, Ok” said Scott a little dumbfounded.
“Don’t talk to him at work either, if one hair is harmed on him by anything in this town, I will come looking for you first” she said as she closed the door, leaving Scott to just rolls his eyes.
“Nice to meet you too ma’am” said Scott as he walked away from the door and back towards the lacrosse field, wondering how this woman knew what he was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys please tell me if you like this story