Canon

twenty seven.

‘I’ve never told anyone about that night.’ Niall finally speaks after awhile, ‘I think this is something that should stay between you and I.’

‘Okay.’

‘It’s scary…’

‘What’s scary?’

‘The way that I feel about you. I’ve never felt like this about anyone – ever. It scares the hell out of me.’

‘I’m scared too. We can be scared together.’ I lean forward, filling in the gap between our lips.

Niall uses his toned arm to flip the two of us over on the bed. Our lips hungrily struggle to find one another. We pull back, with laughing and matching smiles. I stroke Niall’s inked arm with pure admiration. His deep blue eyes never leave my face as he cautiously pulls on the hem of my shirt.

I reply wordlessly by lifting my arms against the cool sheets. Niall is sure to leave soft, gentle kisses on every inch of my hot skin. His kisses begin to grow deeper and lustful.

‘Wait, wait, wait…-‘ I breathe out, suddenly feeling short of breath. ‘I’m a virgin.’ I admit through muffled hands.

‘What was that?’ he inquires holding my hands over my head.

‘I said that I’m a virgin.’ I quietly wait for Niall to laugh in my face but he never does. Niall simply cups my face with his free hand kissing me intensely.

‘We don’t have to do anything that you’re not ready to do. I’m not going to pressure you into anything.’

‘No, no - I want to. I want you Niall.’ I confess pressing my lips back to his.

I had never felt as close to anyone as I felt with Niall. Everything seemed right, perfect even. His hands ever so delicately gracing my body. His lips traveling up and down my frame with care. His captivating eyes swallowed me with every second. The swirls of dark ink covered every part of his pale, creamy skin. Niall mutters out my name before falling beside me tiredly. His chest rises rapidly before falling, and then again, and again. I lay in Niall bed, giddy and astonished. My hair was damp, sticking to my scalp from fresh sweat. An electrifying shaky feeling swept over my body.

‘Lizette.’ He strokes my hair causing me to look up at him.

‘Yeah?’

Niall presses his lips against mine, allowing them to linger for a few long seconds. He’s sure to kiss my cheeks and forehead before settling beside me.

‘You’re so goddamn beautiful.’

I roll over in the bed to cuddle against Niall’s bare frame. He wraps an arm around me just as someone knocks on the apartment door.

‘I’m not answering it.’ Niall answers as I open my mouth, ‘I’m not moving. It’s probably just Greg anyway.’

‘Why don’t you give him a key then?’

‘Hell. No.’ he shakes his with a grin, ‘I’m not giving him the authority to come in and out of here as he pleases.’

‘Just go get it.’

‘Fine. Don’t move. I like looking at you like that.’

‘Okay.’

I watch as Niall scrambles out of the bed and grabs a pair of sweats from his drawer leaving me in his room. I sit up in the bed, wrapping my body in the sheets as Niall stomps over to his door.

‘What are you doing here?’ I overhear Niall say.

I scurry onto my feet pulling one of Niall’s shirts over my head and pulling a pair of his boxers on. I go out to the living room to see Damon strolling through the apartment door. He looks over at me with wide eyes and Niall’s eyes follow.

‘Go back to the room, Lizette.’

‘Is everything okay?’

‘Yeah, it’s fine. I’ll be in there in a second.’

‘Great seeing you again Lizzie.’

‘It’s Lizette.’ I correct before turning to go back into Niall’s bedroom.

I impatiently sit on Niall’s bed trying to listen to the hushed tones in the other room. I didn’t like the idea of Damon being around Niall, I didn’t like it all. Something about him made my skin crawl – not even thinking about Niall’s confession from earlier.

Finally, Niall comes into the room and sits beside me on the bed with pursed lips. I place a hand on his tense shoulder leaving a trail of kisses on his bare back.

‘That feels good.’ He murmurs throwing his head back.

‘I’m gonna have to leave soon – tomorrow’s Monday.’

‘Don’t leave.’

‘Do you want my dad to get suspicious?’

‘He is the last thing on my mind.’ Niall turns to face me, ‘You’re the only thing on my mind.’

‘We’ll see each other tomorrow.’ I remind him wrapping my arms around his torso.

‘Fine. I’ll wake you down.’

I easily slide from the bed to get my clothes from around Niall’s floor. He throws a shirt over his head and steps his feet into his Vans. I throw my clothes into my bed following him out his room. As we were leaving Greg was stepping off of the elevator.

‘You two seem, relaxed.’ Greg speaks with knowing eyes.

‘Shut up.’ Niall wraps a protective arm around me as I hide my embarrassment in his shirt. ‘Call me when you get home.’

‘I will. See you tomorrow.’

‘Goodnight.’ He presses his lips to mine placing a hand in the middle of my back.

‘Bye.’ I climb into my car and drive home.

As I’m walking to the front door, I realize that I’m wearing Niall’s clothes. I use my purse to cover the shirt and some of his boxers before scurrying up to my room. I settle in bed pulling my phone out to call Niall as promised. Unfortunately, he doesn’t answer.

Niall’s Point of View

‘So… how was it?’ Greg wonders as I step back through the doorway.

‘Shut the hell up.’ I groan walking over to the refrigerator to get a bottle of water.

‘Touchy subject.’ Greg’s annoying ass laughs from the sofa hogging the TV – again, ‘I ran into Damon down the road actually.’

‘What did he say?’

‘Said he’s been talking to you about helping him out but you’ve refused him.’

‘Things have changed. Back then I didn’t give a damn about disappointing anyone but now I don’t know.’

‘There’s Lizette. You think pretty highly of her, huh?’

‘I don’t want to screw shit up with her like I have with everything else in the past. She actually matters’

‘Too bad Damon’s not the type to see things eye-to-eye.’

‘Fuck Damon. I’ll kick his ass if I have to.’

‘You know he’s never been the type to fight a fair fight either. I don’t think he likes to fight old fashion way with hands – he likes to use extra help. He takes your weaknesses and turns them against you. He makes your worst nightmares a reality. He won’t stop until he gets what he wants from you, one way or another. I think we both know that from years of experience.’

Just then my phone lets out a loud ring – my weakness. Lizette. I would never forgive myself if I got her all tangled up in this shit. Her dad would throw my ass in jail and she’d hate me forever. I look as the phone continues to ring and ring before going to voicemail. I couldn’t get her involved. I just needed to keep my distance – at least while Damon’s lurking around.

‘What does he want with you anyway?’ Greg wonders cutting into my thoughts.

‘Something that I promised myself I’d never do again.’

‘Maybe I could be of assistance.’

‘Maybe you could start showing me some evidence on where mom is or have you forgotten the whole reason I’m letting you bum out on my couch.’

With that I go back to my room and attempt to fall asleep before having to deal with tomorrow.