Status: active

Damaged Goods

Where's Your Heart?

***Vic's P.O.V.***

It's been a year since he left me. A whole fucking year. My love for Kellin Quinn had turned into hate. Well, I tried to convince myself that I hated him. I could never genuinely hate him. I haven't seen him since the day he walked out of the apartment. I had no idea where he was or how he was doing. Hell, I didn't know if he was still alive. The first few months were hard. I constantly called him and sent him texts. He called me once, and it was to tell me to stop calling him. I was heartbroken. I didn't know it'd be that easy for him to leave me. It honestly hurt, but I didn't have time to mope around about it anymore. I needed to move on, even though I know that in the back of my head, he's always gonna be the love of my life.

Mike and I moved back to San Diego and got our own little place. I was happier here to be honest. The only bad part about it was that our parents lived around here. My dad I could tolerate, but my mom is a whole different story. I didn't have many friends in San Diego due to the mental state I was in when I was last here, so I didn't go out much.

I was interrupted from my thoughts by my cellphone ringing. I quickly searched in the bed for it, finding it under my pillow.

"Hello." I answered, my voice raspy from not using it for a couple hours.

"Hey, you." Dylan's deep voice said.

Yup. I had started hanging out with him. After I moved back he continued to text and call me. I eventually gave in and decided to meet up with him. He's a completely different person. He's sweet and genuine. I was utterly shocked at the transformation he'd gone through. We started off by developing a friendship first and it later turned into a little more than friendly relationship. We weren't dating or anything, but we've definitely been cuddling, kissing and having sex. I was the one who initiated the sex. One day we were talking on the couch and I was horny so I just thought "why not"? He was shocked and hesitant at first. He was extremely gentle with me too. Sometimes I'd have to tell him that it's okay to be a little rough. Maybe I was stupid for sleeping with him again but the sex was good and I didn't regret it.

“Hey.” I replied.

“I’m lonely and bored. Do you think you can come over to keep me company?” He questioned.

“Hmmm. I’m not sure, I’m pretty busy right now.” I said in a joking manner.

“Pleeeeeeaaaase?” He responded, sounding very much like a child.

“Of course,” I chuckled, “I’ll be there in 10 minutes.”

I quickly threw on some skinny jeans and a random band shirt. I ran to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and combed the tangles out of my hair. After throwing on a beanie, I was walking down the stairs.

"Mike, can I take the car today?" I ask, walking into the kitchen.

"Yea, whatever." He mumbled, not looking in my direction.

Ever since I've been hanging out with Dylan he's been giving me a cold shoulder. It's really putting a strain on our relationship. He's not been here for me and this was the time I needed him most.

“I’ll be home soon okay?” I responded.

“Yeah right.” he sighed. “You’re going to see your little fuck buddy?”

“You know his name, maybe you should call him by it.”

“He’s gonna end up killing you.” Mike stated bluntly.

“I don’t even care at this point.” I snapped, grabbing the keys off the counter and leaving the room.

-

I knocked on the door of Dylan’s house and patiently waited for him to answer. It took a couple minutes for him to come to the door.

“Hey.” He said, immediately pulling me in for a hug. “Sorry I took so long, I just got out of the shower.”

I looked down at him and he was wearing nothing but a pair of boxers. Dylan was some eye candy to say the least. He was so freaking hot, back when I was dating him I had trouble keeping guys and girls off of him. Even though he was extremely good looking, I always had a bad habit of comparing him to Kellin, and he never quite measured up. I guess no one could ever measure up to the beauty I saw in Kellin. I could honestly say that Kellin was perfection to me, even after everything he’s put me through.

“It’s fine.” I smiled.

He pulled back from the hug and looked me in the eyes,

“You look cute.” He smiled.

“You look sexy.” I smirked, raising an eyebrow.

“Thank you.” he blushed, before leaning in to give me a slow, long kiss.

I kissed him back lazily and tangled my hands in his short, curly, light brown hair.

“C’mon, get on my back, let me carry you to my room. I hope you’re hungry. I’m gonna give you breakfast in bed.”

I did as told and jumped on his back, he picked me up easily. I loved when he did this stuff for me. I felt protected.

Once we made it to the room he gently set me down on the bed.

“Okay, I’ll be back in like 2 minutes with your food. Get comfortable.” He says before kissing my cheek.

I got under the covers and propped myself up with some pillows so I could look at the TV. I grabbed the remote and started flipping through channels.

Dylan came back into the room carrying a tray with five chocolate chip pancakes, eggs and bacon, along with some orange juice.

“Here you go, love.” He smiled, setting down the tray.

“Oh my God. Thank you so much.” I gasped, grabbing my fork and immediately digging in.

“No problem.” He replied, kissing my head and wrapping one of his tan, muscular arms around me.

I appreciated everything that Dylan was doing for me. He treated me so well. Sometimes I feel as if he acted this way because he was trying to compensate for the harm and insanity he caused me years ago. I know no matter how hard he tried that there was no erasing that. There were permanent scars on my skin and permanent emotional damage that were still evident. When I was with Kellin, some of the hurt from that damage was relieved, I felt as if my love for him overpowered the hurt I had inside. But now he’s gone and I’ve crawled back into the arms of the devil.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: MCR: Famous Last Words

FIRST CHAPTER!

So tell me what you guys think. Did you see it coming or were you surprised? What do you think is going on with Kellin? What do you think about the relationship between Vic and Dylan?

Please leave me lovely comments to keep me motivated.