‹ Prequel: The Missy Diaries
Status: Expect updates to be slow at first.

Wonderless

Besitos

Missy took a deep breath and looked up at the big house in front of her. "Home sweet home." She sighed to Zack, kissing the top of his head. He giggled, tangling his fingers in her long strawberry blonde hair.

Missy had just graduated from her four year degree in art at UCLA. It had never been her intention to return to Finland after living there as a teen, but life had a funny way of throwing the unexpected at you.

Three year old Zack had been born at the end of Missy's second year at university. It was every students nightmare to find themselves pregnant in the middle of their course, but Missy ha been determined to make it work for her.College had been the start of a new life for her and Zack was an unexpected bonus to that new life. Missy hitched Zack up further on her hip and made her way inside the house.

Missy's boyfriend Louis had moved into their new house earlier into the week as he had to start his new job early, so all Missy had to do was unpack their clothes and other valuables.two weeks until she started her own new job as an elementary school teacher in the town, which gave her plenty of time to settle in and find a babysitter. She had friends from when she lived in town, and she had heard of an old lady who babysat, but really didn't know anyone. There was always Zack's father, but the less said about him the better in Missy's opinion.

Later that day, Missy dressed and fed Zack, before deciding to pay a visit to the supermarket. The cabinets and the fridge were empty and they needed to eat. Louis would be working until late so Missy couldn't wait on him to get back; she would have to shake off any anxieties about moving to Finland and get on with her life.

Once she was sure Zack was securely fastened in the back if her jeep, she put on her sunglasses and climbed into the drivers seat. Despite the eight years that she had been away, Missy could still perfectly remember her way around the small town. Not a lot seemed to have changed as she couldn't help but wonder if we old friends were still around, or if they had moved on.

She wasn't ready to talk to anyone just yet. She knew she would have to let her old best friend Hanna know she was back, but that would surely result in the whole town knowing she had returned too, and that was not apart of her plan.

An hour or so later, Missy returned to the new farmhouse with a car full of food without having bumped into any old faces. She felt relieved by the uneventful trip and leaving Zack in the car, Missy opened the trunk and started to unload her shopping. She picked up as many bags as she could manage and started to make her way to the front door when a man approached her.

" Would you like some help?" He asked with a heavy accent.

"Oh that would be so kind." Missy smiled, remembering how kind Finnish people could be and stopping to let good a few of the bags . She looked up from her bag to see a talk guy with long blonde hair standing by her side. He was wearing overalls that were covered in paint, and a beanie over his hair, but it was his eyes that made Missy double take.

" Jarno." She asked, pushing her hair from her eues, a little unsure of whether or not he was who she thought he was.

" Oh my god, nieti? Is that you?" He gasped, suddenly recognizing his old friend. " You look so different. I narely recognized you! What are you doing here?"

Missy understood why Jarno had a hard time recognizing her. Last time he had seen her, she had brown pigtails, multiple piercings, and unconventional clothing. Four years on, let her hair grow out in its natural strawberry blonde color, and wore more conservative clothing, more suitable for a mother.

"I live here now. I just moved in."She gestured at the house.

" Wow." Jarno smiled, embracing her in a tight hug." Does anyone else know you're back?"

Missy shook her head. " No, an I'd like to keep it that way until I've sorted everything out." She told him, hoping he wouldn't tell his roommates.

" My lips are sealed." He grinned. " It's so good to se you again though, call me sometime!"

" I will!" She promised, allowing him to take some if the grocery up to the house. It was then that she remembered about her son in the car and hoped that Jarno would not see him; she was not ready for a full interrogation.

They unloaded the trunk quickly and Missy was relieved to have such a well behaved son. He didn't so much as giggle for the whole time that Jarno was around. But she had to admit that it was nice to see Jarno again, but she was thankful when he had to make his excuses and go on his way. When the coast was clear, Missy took Zack out of the car and into the safety of the house.

As she sat down on the sofa with her son in her arms, se began to shake a little. She had known returning to Finland would be difficult, but she hadn't expected it to affect her that much. She pressed her forehead into her sons head and held onto him softly as if he was her life support.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey hey hey. So first chapter. We're gonna see how often I update but my goal is at LEAST every three days.