Status: Enjoy reading

The Second Step: Sophomore Year

The Story so Far

A month ago I could never see myself writing a journal such as this. And no its not because "diaries are for girls." I just never thought that I would see any benefit from spilling my guts to the internet. But after reading what a friend of mine had written in a journal like this, I was inspired to write my own. Now I better get to the point, "the story so far."

I'll just speak about freshman year so as to not bore you to death. Well pretty much my freshman year included some drama, stress, mourning, some fun moments sprinkled in here and there, and unfortunately also depression. For the most part, stress hung over all of these other events. This stress I believe was all self-imposed, but that doesn't make it any easier to handle. I see myself as an over-achiever and this past year showed this clearly. Doing sports year-round, maintaining straight A's in very advanced classes, and other priorities caused me to lose sleep many nights, even to the point of experiencing my first all-nighter because of a math project. Social drama was present a few times during the year. This included lost friendships, minor bullying, arguments, and being "swooped" on as the cool kids say. Despite not being in any official relationships this year I had a couple different visits to "first base" this year. My grandpa passed away in the middle of the year and that was extremely hard to go through. I'm pretty sure that is still affecting me now, but i am not really sure. Ever since then I've been in a very negative mindset and find it hard to experience times of joy anymore.

That was until I spent a weekend with three other kids, who I had met through track, in Tahoe. During this weekend, I finally opened up my feelings and emotions and this lifted my spirits greatly. This was the first time I had ever really connected with anyone outside from what, according to them, is the "popular" group. They helped me gain perspective on what i was dealing with and gave me sound advice on my own personal issues. This weekend happened two weeks ago and now I guessed you are caught up.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is simply a summary of my freshman year and will just give you some background for help with comprehension later in my journals.