Status: Enjoy reading

The Second Step: Sophomore Year

An Eventful Week

Things have continued to be busy as usual. But lets start where I left off. The dance was extremely fun. The music got cut off for like 5 min, but that just gave the Dj a chance to say the Giant's score in the World Series. Other than that the night went extremely smooth. My date looked gorgeous and it was really a great, romantic night that I spent with her haha. At first she was uncomfortable dancing, but she quickly caught on. There were a lot of dance circles formed and I didn't hesitate to showcase some tutting, popping, animating, and gliding. Many were kinda shocked by my dancing abilities so I guess it went over well haha. The dance finished off with a kiss. Cliche but still special. Then after we went with a few others to Toto's pizza and that was fun also. All in all, it was just good to take a break and relax for a night.

Then moving on to this past week it was back into reality. All my classes have been going pretty normal so at least I have no worries there. As for the club (I may have failed to mention earlier that my date to hoco is also my co-president), the regulations are kind of tight so there are a lot of hoops to jump through to maintain being a club. But I guess its manageable. Then on Tuesday we had another cross country meet. It was hell.

It was 80 something degrees on a Tuesday afternoon, so I guess the result shouldn't be surprising. My time was crap. I felt guilty that I let my team down, but then again most people didn't do well. But its ok after practice this past week it seems it was just a spoof. We are looking good and we have championships next weekend. It is a 50/50 shot of us making it to CCS so this will mean a lot. Only one boys varsity cross country team has ever gone to CCS in the history of our school, so its pretty special. Its really amazing because this is my first year running. I've grown really close with these guys and this would be a good way to close the season. We put in the work already, now it's just time for performing. Never did I think I would be one of the top runners on the team, and I really didn't expect to finish the season as champions. But we deserve this so now we have to take what's ours.

Basketball season is also looking up. Whether I play on JV or Vars, I think the season will be good. On JV our team will be amazing and the coach is determined to win a title. And on varsity the team also looks good and our coach is inspired to show that our school is on the uprising. Playing on varsity is what I would prefer, but whatever happens will happen.

I just took my first PSAT yesterday. The test itself wasn't that bad. The time constraint was stressful, but the material wasn't bad. I didn't pace myself on the essay so I didn't finish it on time, so that marked my score down. But all in all, I think when I get my score next week it will be promising. It needs to be if I intend in getting into my top colleges once senior year rolls up.

Halloween was on Friday and it was pretty fun. School was pretty empty because of the Giants parade but it is mainly the slackers that go so it was cool. After school we played dodgeball (x-country vs. water polo) instead of the planned capture the flag because of the rain. We won of course, but it was just for fun. Then that night I went to a friends party. It turned out to be more of a hang out than a party, but it was still fun. Some people there were kind of buzz-kills, but we played cards against humanity and watched scary movies so it was fun. While watching the movie I was laying with my date from hoco. We ended up holding hands; it was nice. It's moments like those where you don't want to change anything. No reason to end it or make it anything more than it needs to be. Just laying there thinking about the perfection of the moment. It's simplistic beauty. I wouldn't change that for anything.

Pushing the boundaries of my journey is important, but sometimes it's just as important to appreciate the small things that make it all worth it.