Status: Enjoy reading

The Second Step: Sophomore Year

Non-Dependence Day

Well, I haven't written in a while and I figured after three weeks I should probably update my story..

So anyways, today is July 4th Independence day and I don't really have any plans except maybe a basketball workout. Since I don't really feel like talking about Independence day in great detail because it is boring, I will highlight some events from the past three weeks...

In the week following my last post, I mainly just focused on homework and basketball practice. The varsity coach seemed very interested in me so that's a good sign. I celebrated father's day by eel fishing in memory of my late grandfather who loved this past-time. This was a good, wholesome experience. Also, I spent an entire day with the hurdle fam to celebrate a joint birthday party. It felt good to take a day to actually have fun this summer instead of just working on sports or academics. The only downfall of this week was some emotional confusion. I explained my feelings, towards the girl who I spoke about in the last chapter, to a few friends and was shocked at what the response was. I was told that I don't love her, that I'm causing problems in her relationship, that I don't know what I'm feeling, and that I shouldn't "throw around love." Who are they to say what I'm feeling? Ughhh I'm not really going to get into how this made me feel because it just pissed me off beyond belief and I don't feel like spewing hate into this chapter. So anyways...

...I had a week-long vacation after this at a lake to which my family and I go every year. It was a very relaxing experience and was a good way to escape technology and do hw. The only thing of importance that I took from this trip happened when two girls from my school came to hang out up there with my brother and I. While hanging with them, I came to see that my brother has taken a liking to alcohol. Not sure if this is going to negatively effect him or not, but it just annoys me that even though I hardly do anything wrong, my family stills views me as the trouble-maker and my brother as the angel of the family. But eh, what are you going to do?

I came home early from this vacation to participate in another AAU basketball tournament. And once again we came out as champions. This was a fairly fun experience, but may probably be my last AAU tourney for the summer season. Not sure if I'm going to do AAU in the fall because I will also be participating in cross country. But this is an issue to be dealt with later.

This past monday I started my summer bridge peer tutoring program. I am really enjoying teaching these kids (well actually they are only 1 year younger than me) and helping them gain an interest in academics. I have built a connection with many of the students and feel that they are taking a great deal from this program. The only thing that has been annoying me is how some of the peer tutors try to exclude me because they are all juniors and I am now a sophomore. I think some of them resent the fact that I have been really bonding with the students and they haven't. Oh also, one of the teachers in the program has kind of confused me. I was slightly late for our first meeting because I was given the wrong arrival time and this teacher acted very condescending and he was fairly mean to me. Then I think a series of events changed his attitude: during the first day he gave me a task to complete during the entire week and I finished it in five minutes, he found out that I took algebra 3-4 as a freshman and got an A+, and finally he asked me about what sports I do and I informed him about playing on JV basketball and having a good track season. Now all of a sudden he is being very nice to me and I think I heard him say something about recruiting me to play badminton. This was confusing, but at least he isn't mean to me anymore. After this program during the morning, I have been running or sometimes playing basketball with friends. Then after this I usually have either AAU practice or HS summer league practice. Also I had a summer league game this past week and it was pretty fun. I played fairly well, but more importantly my mother told me that the Varsity coach said I would probably be on Vars this year. This was really great news and (according to my old best friend who I think I am friends with again ) will improve my appeal to girls and make me go from attractive to "sexxaaaaay."

So that's good news.

Side note: I have been having a lot of existential questions about the universe and have finally found the friend who I can discuss this with.