Status: Enjoy reading

The Second Step: Sophomore Year

A Weekend Well-spent

My first tournament of the basketball season was incredible. On Saturday going down there I was somewhat nervous, but I slept it off during the long ride. In our only game that day I played well and we got the win. Then afterwards I checked in to my hotel. It was, to put it nicely, far below expectations. Some other teammates were staying in a nice hotel nearby so some friends on the team and I swam there for a while, then we drove out to the outlets to shop and this was extremely fun. Even though I rarely see these guys when I'm not in AAU, when we do hang out they are always super fun and hilarious. However, I had to leave them as they went to eat dinner because my Mom and I were going to go meet the family I mentioned earlier for dinner.

I will get back to that night later, but for now I will just skip to Sunday. Sunday morning waking up I was still slightly nervous for the games to come, but as I got ready I listened to my favorite motivational speeches and this helped bring me some peace of mind. I got to the court a little bit early so I had a lot of time to stretch. As the game went on, I started to perform better and better and our team started to make our lead bigger and bigger. I ended up doing extremely well having lots of rebounds and steals and I also had two buzzer beaters. One was at the end of the first half when I stole the ball then went in for a layup as the clock expired, and the other was at the end of the 3rd quarter when I shot a corner three just before the clock went off. We ended up winning that game and I was extremely excited.

Then after some rest we continued on to the final game. During the game we realized that this last team was very good and we would have to work our asses off. i didn't do as well this game, but we still ended up winning because of an amazing performance by one of our players. We dominated all of the stats and had a full court buzzer beater at half time. This was the first time I have ever won a tournament and I was ecstatic. This was just the cherry on top of the dinner I chose to save discussing for later. Well now I better get to telling you about it.

As we stopped by our hotel before going to see them, I hurriedly got all primped and ready to see this girl who I had loved so long ago. While searching for the restaurant we got lost, but eventually we found them. When I saw the two daughters I recognized how beautiful they both had become, but the older one (whom I really liked) was just blinding. Honestly I think she could be a model if she chose to. Well we ate and caught up with each other's lives and it was just so great. The older daughter was still the same smart, genuine, kind, caring, thoughtful, and just perfect girl that I remember her to be. My conversation with her just flowed so smoothly and we talked just as we did years ago. I can relate to her in so many ways and she is just so easy to talk to. The only down part is that I found out that both of the daughters have just both found their first boyfriends. This stung when I first heard it, but I had to expect it. I'm not wishing them any ill will, but they are bound to eventually break up. Oh and also she (after graduating next year) will most likely go to SF State College which is near where I live. Maybe I can see her more often because of this. I hope so. I think I'm still in love with her.. she is just so perfect at everything that I don't think I'll ever forget about her. And I'm pretty sure every girl I dated all resemble a lesser version of her, so that might mean something. One of these days I will take her on a date. Whether it is soon or way in the future, I need to at least do that. Like honestly I could see myself marrying this girl. I know that if I marry someone else I will still always think about her. Ahh if only she felt the same way. From what I can tell she doesn't, but you never know. A boy can only hope. I still haven't stopped thinking about her even now as I type this at home. Before I lose the chance I at least need to tell her the only three important words I would want her to know: I love you.