The Beautiful and Undesirable

One

"Hey, how'd you sleep?" John asked as he heard slow, soft footsteps enter the kitchen as he fried off bacon. It was something of a novelty for him to hear some else's footsteps around, to talk to someone. Now the band was on a break after their first tour, John had started to miss the company of his band mates who he'd grown accustomed to living so closely with.

"Best I've ever slept in my entire life. Thank you."

"Glad to hear it. By the way your clothes are folded up on the dryer."

"Thank you so much, umm...I think I'm gonna get dressed then leave you in peace again, I've already disrupted you so much-"

"Not at all, it's all good man. At least have something to eat before you go?" Sonny smiled and nodded.

"Can I do anything to help?" He asked as John started assembling the bacon sandwiches.

"Yeah, you can put something decent on the speakers from my phone. They're playing shit on the radio today." He laughed at John and gestured to the password.

"Zero, double three, seven." He seemed surprised that he just gave him the password but entered it and flicked through his songs. John smiled at what he chose.

"Nick Mulvey, that's my boy! Here you go."

"Thanks. You have so many great songs on here I- your name's Jonn?" John frowned in confusion and the younger man showed him his phone, his internet name coming up. He laughed.

"Oh! Yeah, we never really got to names did we? But yeah I'm John."

"Sonny. Nice to meet you." They both laughed and talked about music as they ate, then John's phone rang.

"Yo, Stevie."

"John O'!!!! Get your ass down here it's fucking epic!!" Sonny smiled to himself as John's friend shouted down the phone over the howling wind.

"I take it the waves are pretty great after last night?"

"Hell yeah man!!! It's the best it's been in months! Get down here now, seriously!"

"Ok, ok I'll see you soon." John hung up and Sonny smiled almost sadly.

"I guess I'd better be going, you've got waves to go catch." John suddenly felt desperate to keep Sonny around and shook his head.

"You could come along, I mean only if you want to of course, but you could watch, I don't think it'd be the best time to learn how to surf, it's pretty rough out there, but you could totally watch, there'll be a lot of other people doing the same on a day like today." He felt nervous that he was babbling and stopped himself. Sonny smiled brightly and nodded.

"That'd be awesome."
♠ ♠ ♠
My internet's been down, and it's given me chance to finally update all these cute stories I'd forgotten about!!! If really appreciate a comment ^_^ thanks for reading!