Strength of the World

New things

Beep beep beep' I groaned and turned over turning my alarm off why did I set it again?

I sat up and rubbed my eyes looking at the time 11 o'clock I've got to meet grandma at 12 I better go and get ready.

It didn't take me long to get ready and I was off in my car heading off to grandma place.

My name is Emma I'm 21 years old, I work in a bar called Afterlife and it's pretty good, you could say that having hot bosses is always a bonus. I have a small family it's just my mum, dad and my dad's and mum parents aka my grand parents I didn't have any brothers or sisters my mum didn't want anymore after me she thought one was just right.

I'm very close to my grandma we share a special bond I've always been grandmas girl as mum would say, since I moved out of home I would always go and visit grandma every two week it was always some thing I looked forward to.

When I got to grandmas she was sitting outside on her chair I waved at her and she waved back I got out of the car locked it then walked over to her and gave her a hug. Grandma lived in a medium sized house in an isolated area she liked not having people around she liked just having the woods right outside her doorstep and she and grandad just liked it that way.

"Hey gran how are you?" I asked.

"Good love come inside I'll get some tea ready" she said going inside when you walked inside the house the first thing you would see was a lot of wolf things for some reason gran really like stuff like this she just liked the wolf, she always told me that the wolf was a free sprit it would always run in a pack and they would stick together like family.

I walked into the kitchen and saw grandad reading the newspaper I went and gave him a hug then sat down, once the tea was ready we talked about how life was and what had been happening before I knew it was time for me to leave for work.

"I better get going to work now it was nice seeing you’s" I said giving them both a hug.

"Oh how is the hottie boss" grandma ask.

"Gran really?" I asked.

“what I just want to know how he is" she said with a wink I shook my head at her.

"He seems like a nice man the way you talk about him maybe you should talk to him you never know what could happen" she told me in a teasing voice.

"Goodbye grandma" I said as I walked out the door, me talking to the boss yeah right he wouldn't talk to me unless it was something to do with work, well I haven't actually tried to talk to him but still that's not the point he wouldn't talk to an average girl like me.

When I got to work I was 15 minutes early so I thought I would go talk to May for a bit she is one of the bar tenders that I work with she is down to earth kind of girl, when I first started working with her we just clicked straight away.

“Hey May” I said once I walked in

“Hey girl what’s up?” she asked coming over to me

“Not much just went and seen my Granma and grandad” I told her she just smiled and sat down on the seat next to me, the bar didn’t open til later but we have to come in early to set up.

“Girls you’re here early” Matt said standing in front of us I sat there not knowing what to say for a moment before May spoke up.

“You know we are always here early” she told him

He just nodded then smiled and walked back to his office.

“Why don’t you just talk to him” May said once Matt was out of range

“Gah I don’t know I just kind of freeze his just…have you seen him” I asked her throwing my hands up in the air she started giggling and patted me on the back

“You’ve got it bad girl”

“Whatever” I mumbled getting up and going into the backroom to sign in.

When I was out the Back Jimmy was there getting some glasses out for tonight.

“Hey Jimmy” I greeted him

“Hey girl” he said walking past me I followed him out after I signed in and when he put the glasses down he gave me a hug.

“How was your Gran?” he asked

“She’s good” I told him

Everyone had met my Gran before and they all really liked her they thought she was awesome which was great she got along with everyone at the club and they are always happy to see her.

“Have you seen Matt yet?” Jimmy asked wigging his eye brows

“Yeah why?” I asked giving him a weird look

“No reason” he said with a smirk I just shook my head and got to work setting up before we opened

When we opened it go really busy for a Thursday night which was weird I guess it made the night go faster, I had just finished serving someone a drink when I looked up to see that Matt was looking over at me I smiled a bit and he smiled back and winked at me before he walked off I swear my face went as read as a beetroot.

“Oh someone got it bad for the boss” Jimmy said coming over to me

“No I haven’t thank you very much, anyways like he would go for a normal girl like me” I told him

“You have no idea” Jimmy mumbled

“What?” I asked a bit confused he just smiled at me and shook his head walking away, what is he talking about.

By the end of the night it died down to only a couple of people so it was easy to get them out so we could close, it didn’t take us long to pack up.

I was walking outside to my car once we had finished I was trying to find my car keys in my bag I should of got them out before I went outside since its dark and the only light out is coming from the street light under my car, when I got to my car I used the street light to try and find my keys just as I found them I felt like someone was behind me I turned around to see a guy was smirking at me.

“Why are you out so late?” the stranger asked

“I don’t have to tell you” I told him holding my ground

“Such a shame” he said moving closer to me when he smirked I swear I could see fangs but I must have been seeing things.

He kept moving closer I thought quickly and kneed him where it would hurt and ran towards the club doors since some of the guys were still inside when I was just at the door the strange guy was suddenly in front of me. How the hell did he get here so quick.

‘I need to get inside away from this freak, I wish someone would open the door’ I thought to myself when suddenly the door came swinging open pushing the guy back a bit, I looked to see who it was to find Matt standing there.

“Emma get inside” he told me in a stern voice I walked towards him when the guy snapped his teeth at me Matt quickly grabbed me and pushed me behind him.

“You better leave Devin” Matt told him in a stern voice

“I don’t like when you interrupt my meals Matt” Devin hissed

“She is off limits” Matt said with a growl Devin looked at Matt then at me and smirked

“Stephen will be hearing about this” Devin said and in a flash he was gone it was like he wasn’t even standing there a second ago.

I looked at Matt in shook what the hell was going on he must of read my mind because he told me he would explain inside as I followed him back into the club everyone was inside even a couple faces I didn’t recognize.

“What happened Matt?” Brian asked

“Devin was planning for Emma to be his dinner” Matt said and everyone looked at me worried

“What is going on what do you mean his dinner” I asked confused

“His a vampire” Matt told me with a straight face I looked at him shocked then started laughing. Vampire yeah right they are just playing a joke on me.

“Your joking right” I asked him he shook his head and I looked around at everyone else and they all had the same look as Matt. I was so confused right now.

“And I have something else to tell you” Matt said

“Matt no you don’t want to confuse her anymore than she already is” I heard May tell him, at this moment I just wanted to go home.

“Can I please go home?” I asked

“Yes you can ill take you” Matt said but before he could move I butted in

“No I can drive myself home”

“Matt its okay ill takes her at least someone will be with her” May told him she told me to come on and I followed her with out looking back.

The car ride was silent I guess May was just letting me process whatever I had just learn which I really don’t know if I should believe or not, I wasn’t paying attention of my surroundings until we stopped I looked outside to see my grandmas house.

“What are we doing here?” I asked

“Your Gran will explain everything” May told me I got out of the car and walked up to the front door before I even knocked Gran opened the door.

“I was expecting you” she said with a smile.

What has she got to tell me?
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter for this story so excited cant wait to keep writing more.
Comment and subscribe would be awesome!
Thanks foREVertegan:D
Emma