Strength of the World

Finding Out

“How did you know I was coming?” I asked Gran

“May messaged me and told me what happened, come and sit and we can talk” she said opening the door for me

I did as told and walked inside and sat on a chair Gran came walking in and sat on her chair.

“So you had your first encounter with a vampire tonight?” she asked

“Yeah my first and last” I told her she just smiled and shook her head

“It won’t be your last that’s for sure with what you are and all” she said I looked at her a bit funny but let her continue.

“The world isn't as normal as you think it is Emma there are things out there that aren't normal like vampires, elves, witches and most importantly werewolf’s, it usually past on from each generation but very rarely it skips but usually that means that this wolf will be special” Gran told me I felt like I was in a dream and I was going to wake up soon I even pinched myself for good measures but nothing this was all real what Gran was telling me wasn't a fairy tale that she use to tell me when I was little.

“Now there is many things you will have to learn ill start by telling you the basic first, I know you are overwhelmed but it was going to be sooner or later that you found out and I guess it was sooner”

“When I found out that my son didn’t get the genie I was a bit upset but then I thought to myself about the legends of the skipped generations and how their children would be special, I knew from the moment that you were born that you were special but your parents didn’t find the need to involve or tell you about this life”

“Wait what life?” I asked interrupting her

“The werewolf life, you are and have always been a werewolf it’s in your blood” she told me I sat there in complete and utter shock….A WEREWOLF!!! Me a werewolf are you kidding me!

“Me a werewolf yeah right” I told her shaking my head

“Emma I know this is a little much at the moment but what im saying is true, I was once a werewolf before as well so your not alone” she told me I still just sat there not saying anything

“Vampires and werewolves don’t get along very well but they learn to stay out of each others way that’s what keeps everyone at bay, but sometimes one or the other will push the limits like the one tonight did”

“Gran I really need to sleep on this my mind is just in over drive at the moment” I told her rubbing my temples

“Okay sleep on it and we will talk more in the morning when you have a fresh mind” she told me getting up and giving me a hug and going back to bed. I went to the spare bedroom and flopped down on the bed today well today has not gone the way I thought it would I wonder what tomorrow will bring….

I woke up in the morning thinking what a weird dream I had but then I remember that it wasn't all a dream this was real I was really a werewolf there are such things as vampires, elves and other creatures I don’t know of yet I walked out into the kitchen to see my Gran making some coffee she poured two cups and looked at me handing me one.

“How was your sleep?” she asked

“Okay I guess I kept having this dream about a big black wolf” I told her she smiled at me but didn’t say anything else we went and sat outside in the morning sun.

“So you ready to learn more?” Gran asked

“As ready as ill ever be” I told her

“Well lets start with the pack, a wolf is always apart of a pack you might get the odd one or two that are alone and don’t like being in a pack but being in a group is what makes them strong, we are very social so that’s another reason for being in a pack and also for finding a mate” She told me

“Wait a mate?” I asked

“Yes a mate every wolf has their one true mate they share a special bond where they can hear each others thoughts they also share special markings in our human form” Gran said with a smile

“So your telling me not only am I a wolf but I have a true mate out there somewhere” I asked getting a bit confused

“Yes their your soul mate and when you find them it’s like the piece of your heart are brought together as one”

“So granddad is your soul mate?” I asked

“Yes he is, the day we meet each other it was like fireworks are going off in your head with banners saying his the one!” Gran said with a little giggle it was nice seeing her giggle like a little girl.

“Mates mean a lot in packs you feel lost with out them but you can still get through life knowing their out there waiting for you, that’s why none of your boyfriends ever worked out because they were never meant to be, did you ever feel like something was missing when you dated someone?” she asked I looked at her and nodded

“I never realized it til now at first it was good having that feeling of being with someone but after a month or two I just felt like it wasn’t right like something inside me was saying you’re missing something”

What Gran was telling me made me realize a lot of things like why I could never be with someone for more than two months or three months because it never felt right like I just had something inside me saying this isn’t who im meant to be with his out there but this isn't him.

“Why was I never told about what I am?” I asked

“Because your father thought it would be better if you didn't know because they thought you might not find your mate but I told them that your mate will find you no matter what even if you don’t tell her” she said

“But I found out another way with out someone finding me” I said but she had a smile on her face

“You mate is closer than you think” I looked at her funny but she just smiled, I thought I heard something so I looked out towards the trees to see if there was anything there but nothing maybe im just hearing things.

But next thing I know I hear a noise like a stick braking I looked off to the side and see what I think is a tail sticking out I look at Gran she laughs a bit and says that they want to see how im doing.

“Who are they?” I asked she looked out towards where the noise was coming from and I looked the same way to see that there was now four wolfs looking my way.

One of the wolfs was clearly bigger than the rest it had black fur and bright blue eyes just like the one I usually dream about it was weird seeing the wolf up close instead of in my dreams, the other three wolfs were all different colours one was brown all over another was black and white and the other was brown with a white patch on the face.

“His been worried about you” Gran said I looked at her and she pointed to the biggest wolf who was stepping forward a bit.

I looked at the big wolf and he bowed his head a little and turned to walk away with the rest of them the one with a white patch looked at me and wagged its tail and followed the rest of them back into the forest, I looked back at Gran and she was smiling.

“Who are they?” I asked

“You will find out soon” she told me I just nodded and looked back to the forest where the wolfs just were….
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh I wonder who those wolfs are,any guesses? ;)
Thanks NikkiFoxy8 for the comment im glad you like it :)

Emma