Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Mackenzea

My stomach swirled with nausea as the sun shone across my bed. I wasn't sure what was going to happen, but I knew that it wouldn't be good. I got up from the bed and headed to the bathroom knowing what was coming net. I painted the toilet bowl a brilliant shade of pink. That was really nasty. I sighed and wiped my mouth clean with some toilet paper. I rinsed with mouthwash, nearly gagging on the minty taste running down my throat.

I looked into the mirror at my reflection , noticing the dark circles that laid underneath my eyes. The spotly complexion that seemed to never go away. I washed my face gently with a warm wash cloth, relaxing as the warmth touched my skin. I felt a pair of really strong arms envelope me in a hug. I smiled when I saw his face appear next to mine.

"Good morning, sweetie. How ar eyou feeling?" I groaned softly and looked into his eyes. They were the most peculiar shade of green today. Almost emerald, but not quite forest. "I feel okay, I guess. Just the normal morning sickness. I felt the baby kick earlier. It woke me up." He smiled and kissed my temple. "Aw....I'm sorry. I hope you feel better and get more sleep tonight." I smiled and leaned into him. Without him, I would completely lost. He was my rock and he was always there to steady me.