Status: Please read my story! Fast updates I promise.

Cross My Heart Hope You Get Hit by a Bus

Chapter One : My Imagination

“I’m sorry to say mr Cardwell , but your wife has to get surgery. I wish I could give you an option , but I’m afraid if she doesn’t have this surgery , she will die”
Mr Hein Cardwell sigh and stared at the blonde surgeon and her two interns that has been following her around since he got here.
“Okay , fine. You have my consent. Natalia will get surgery. Will you please just explain to me how everything will go now? What’ll happen after the surgery?”
Mia-Andra nodded her head and took a breath. “Your wife will go in to surgery. I will operate on her left brain cells , and take out the left vertebral artery that is linked to her speech. Once I’ve removed it , I will put in a Cordial Brain mechanism or CBM that works just as great as the artery. Her post-op symptoms will be that she can’t speak for 24 hours and she will not eat for 48 hours. But once that’s done , everything will be normal”
Hein nodded his head and smiled a nervous smile. “Thanks doctor Williams. When will she go in?”
“In 5 hours. Any more than that and the surgery can be high risk”
Mia smiled and then left the room , her two interns tagging together since California Med is a teaching school , the attendings all had two interns tagging with them and doing things the attending commanded.
Mia did her rounds , and checked her post-ops that she had her one intern , Kimberley , handle. 5 hours quickly went by and it was time for Mrs Cardwell’s surgery. Even though Mrs Cardwell wasn’t Mia’s only patient , Mia took a liking to this case so she handled it with more care than any other.
“Mr. Cardwell , you need to stay behind okay? We’ll be a couple of hours and I need you to wait at the waiting area , alright?”
“Alright” the elder man said and gave his wife a kiss before leaving the floor.
The surgery was finally over and it went smoothly. Like all Mia’s surgeries. She quickly did her post ops and rounds before calling it a day. It was already past midnight and she was tired as the last time she slept was two mornings ago as she was called in on various emergencies.
My roommate , Gena , was still awake as soft music was playing throughout the house and I made my way into the kitchen , getting myself orange juice and a midnight snack as my last Meal was lunch. I then decided to go to her room , and made my way to the hall. I knocked on the slightly open door and smiled , “hey. You home finally?” she asked , I chuckled
“yeah , and exhausted. Why are you up?”
“Had to finish marking this papers” she grunted. Gena was a teacher at a primary school. I laughed
“well have fun. G’night”
“Night. Oh Mia?”
“Yeah?”
“I hate to break this to you , but Ellie called earlier , said she’s taking you out to breakfast and the guys are all going. Including Matt since you have the day off”
I groaned , sure I’m excited to see the guys and El , but does Matt really have to go? Fuck my life.
Gena laughed and we both repeated our goodnights before I went to bed. I quickly washed my face , and brushed my teeth. Figuring I could shower tomorrow morning.
I hopped into bed and put my phone on charge. A mild beep blared through my phone , indicating that i had a new text message.
Matt : 00:30
Hope you’re not sleeping yet. C you tomorrow.. xx
I rolled my eyes and put my phone on the bedside table before drifting into a much-needed sleep.
_______________________________________
I’m not your boyfriend
You’re not my girlfriend
But maybe we can be , maybe we can be—
I groaned and woke up to the obnoxious ringtone. Remind me to find the 2am guys and kille them for inventing this song. Remind me to kill myself for not switching off my I-phone last night.
Remind me to kill Jimmy , who was calling at this hour. I’m shocked to find he’s already awake.
“hey Jim-Jam”
“Hey pumpkin. Did I wake you?”
“yeah but it’s fine. Your cute voice got me to forgive you and the 2am guys”
“the 2am guys?”
“Their song is my ringtone. And it’s loud.”
Jimmy laughed and then said ; “well that’s actually good. You need to get that ass of yours out of bed and dress in something that’s not scrubs since I haven’t exactly seen you in something else this past 2 months. So come on. Matt and I will be there at 9”
“why Matt?”
“Don’t be Mean. He likes ya. And I broke my car so he’s my ride and I wanted to see my fave surgeon”
I chuckled , “yeah okay fine. See ya in a hour. Bye sweetcheeks”
“bye banana”
Jimmy was my best guy friend. He was probably the most hyper guy I’ve ever seen and I loved it.
I quickly hopped into a warm shower and washed my hair and body before climbing out , wrapping myself in a towel and switched on some music before blow drying my hair and putting light make up on. I pulled on a blouse and blue jeans with my favourite platforms.
I brushed my teeth , and switched off the music. Just in time to hear the doorbell. I grabbed my handbag and walked to the door. I opened it and there stood Matt and Jimmy , both grinning.
“hey” I smiled and they both greeted me back before we walked to Jimmy’s car. “y’know Jim , I could have just met you guys there. I do have a car”
Jimmy laughed “yeah well. This is more fun”
Matt held the door open for me and both Jimmy and I looked at him surprised , “what? I can be a gentleman” I smiled and thanked him and slid into the car. Jimmy sat in the driver’s seat and Matt in the passenger seat and I in the back.
We reached the restaurant and all climbed out. Again , Matt surprised me and help open the restaurant door for me. The rest all sat at the back booth and hugged me tightly when they saw me.
I squeezed between Jimmy and Johnny with Zacky , Ellie and Brian sitting next to me and Matt at the corner.
“so Mia , you happy you don’t have to wear that awful blue scrubs of yours today?” Brian asked. I laughed “yeah I’m happy. I’m happy I don’t have to see sick people today”
With that conversation as starting point , the 7 of us talked for 4 hours and I kept noticing Matt looking at me a lot. Okay , so let me fill you in with the story behind me and Matt since I may sound like a total bitch right now :
7 years ago : 2006 (characters – all 21 YEARS OLD)
“Please , please , pleeeeeease Mia just come. The guys will love you , I swear!!” Ellie whined in my ear. She has been nagging me to meet her boyfriend’s friends. She and Zacky just started dating and she says his friends are tough on the outside but total sweethearts on the inside.
I rolled my eyes , “fine”
She beamed and told me the time and place and then we both hung up. Apparently we’re meeting them at 8 so that’s exactly half an hour away. Thanks Ellie.
I quickly showered and dressed in a comfortable pair of skinny jeans and a blue shirt with my white plumps. I blowdried and curled my hair before putting on some eyeliner and lipgloss and then left my apartment.
I met Ellie outside Ihop and we both walked into the best restaurant in the world. “Z!!” Ellie squealed and then hugged a some-what chubby guy with snakebites and green eyes.
“hey baby” he smiled and kissed her softly.
“oh and you must be Mia-Andra. Nice to meet you”
“Nice to meet you too , and please call me Mia”
“gotcha , Mia”
“so where’s the others?” Ellie asked
“they are on their way. Can’t wait to meet Mia”
Just then 4 guys walked into Ihop. Like me , if you didn’t know any better these guys would look like the scariest serial killers walking the planet , but like Ellie said , they are actually teddy bears.
“ahh , who’s the pretty lady?” a very tall and lanky guy asked , he grinned brightly like a kid. “Jim , this is Mia-Andra , but she prefers Mia.”
“well hey” Jimmy said and hugged me tightly. I laughed and hugged back , “ahh I know we’re gonna be besties”
And he was right...
Next were Brian , as he introduced himself. He was cocky as hell but nice and then there were a short guy with blonde spiky hair. He was shorter than me and that said a lot. He introduced himself as Johnny and then the last guy was a uberly gorgeous guy , with amazing dimples. He was Matt , well that’s what Brian said because Matt was staring at me with a cocky smirk on his face. “when you find your voice , I’ll be with the others” I snapped as I finally had enough of him staring at me.
His eyes widened and his smirk fell as he puddled behind me. Shoulders slumped. I guess Matt Sanders doesn’t know what rejection is.
“so Mia , what do you do for a living?” Brian asked with a smile as he inhaled his 3rd pancake.
“I’m a doctor. I’m now specialising to become a neuro surgeon”
“wow. You’re a smart girl. What do you do hanging out with us?” Jimmy teased , my eyes widened “well... I may be a doctor but I’m not.....” Jimmy burst out laughing ‘stop worrying baby girl , I was kidding”
I blushed ; “oh”
“so Zacky said you’re in a band. Avenged Sevenfold?”
The guys nodded “yeah we’re not nearly as big as we hoped yet , but... we’re working on it” Johnny piped in , tired of being quiet.
‘have you sold any albums? Sorry I know it’s got nothing to do with me”
‘yeah we did. 2 actually.”
“ah that’s great guys. I need to hear you play one day”
“yes please. Guys , we have a new best friend!!”
I giggled , happy to have such crazy new friends.
Right after Ihop , we went to the beach and that’s where everything went downhill with Matt and I.
Not that there is a Matt and I.
I was sat talking to Jimmy , who claims I’m his new best friend , when Matt came up to us and told Jimmy he needed to talk to me. I inwardly rolled my eyes , already disliking him.
He gave me a cocky smile when Jim walked away and sat down , a little too close for my taste. “so why are you nice to the others but not too me?” he asked.
I turned to him , surprised at the hurt in his voice. His face was similar to the tone in his voice and I felt a little bad. I guess he has feelings.
“sorry. I just didn’t get a good vibe off you. I Mean , you didn’t even tell me your name. You just stared at me , at my chest.”
He smirked , “well you have nice tits”
I gave him a disgusted look , “Fuck off Matt. I was trying to be nice now because I actually felt bad. You’re a pig”
“Oh come on. Don’t tell me you hate it when guys flirt”
“This ain’t flirt Matt , you’re a disgusting , egoistical pig”
“we’ve established that”
“leave me alone”
“no”
“yes”
“nah-ah”
“just shut up”
“you shut up”
“you’re a pig”
He smirked , “you’ve mentioned”
And then he kissed me. I almost kissed back before I came to my senses and pushed him away with all my force and slapped him.
His face was pure shock , and a little anger.
“I don’t know all the other easy whores you’ve dated , but let’s make something very clear : I’m not easy , and I’m not a whore”
And with that I stormed off , going to where the rest of the gang played in the water.

I haven’t had the guts to forgive Matt yet , although I wasn’t really mad at him. It’s not even that big a deal. Matt just reminded me a lot of my ex boyfriend , Kyle , whom had cheated on me with some nameless whore.
I wasn’t ready to be played again , although since the moment I’ve met Matt I’ve been attracted to him.
“Mia”
“Mia-Andra”
I snapped out of my daydreaming and turned to look at a grinning Zacky. “huh? Sorry I zoned out a little”
“That I saw. We asked if you wanted to come to Johnny’s tonight.”
“yeah sure. Sounds like fun”
He smiled and then I decided to talk , since I’ve been zoned out... for a while.
Even as we continued talking , I couldn’t help but see the happiness and hope in Matt’s eyes when I agreed to go to the bar tonight.
Was it my imagination? Or did Matt and I share the same feelings?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's not great - but I promise it will become much better.