Status: Finished ; Sequel coming!

Where I Want to Be

Chapter 1

“Hey Kari , do you know where Shadows is?” Zacky asked me as I sat in front of the television watching old reruns of Friends.
I gave him a confused look when he said Matt’s alias name. I turned around to see a random girl probably a year younger than me standing behind the couch where I sat.
“Oh he’s in our room , I think he’s showering”
Zacky smiled and kissed my forehead before he grabbed the girl’s arm and led her to his room.
I have known the guys from the cruellest mafia gang in Los Angeles and probably the most powerful as well since we were kids. Matt and I have been inseparable since we met and when our high school prom came he finally asked me out. I still remember that day like it was yesterday :
“Matthew come on stand behind Kariy , wrap your arms around her waist” Kim , Matt’s mom , said holding her camera tightly.
Matt blushed slightly , “mom come on we have taken a lot of photos already”
“No , no. It’s about time you and Kariy got together”
Matt’s blush increased and Kariy giggled softly , “we’re –“
“happy to take pictures Kim” Kariy finished.
Matt gaped at her and then grinned brightly , wrapping his arms around her waist tightly.
Tonight was the night that Karina Benson was finally going to be his.
After the mass photo taking they quickly escaped the house and drove in the limo with Zacky and Tina , Brian and Andrea , Johnny and Bernice , Jimmy and Leana , they arrived at the school gym and walked in. Matt heard Kariy’s favourite song playing and decided to ask her to dance. He thought it all out : he was going to ask her to dance and then ask her to be his girlfriend. Once and for all.
“You wanna dance? I know we just got here and you probably want to relax and be with other people but I just—“ she cut him off with a giggle.
“I would love to dance with you Mattie”
He sigh in relief and grinned , holding his hand out to her.
They walked up to the dance floor and started slow dancing to The Cave from Manford & Sons.
“so I’m not good at this , like at all. I’ve never had a girlfriend but I... well I have always liked you and I just always wanted to be with you but I know you will never have feelings for me. I mean i have a temper that scares everyone away , I have a drinking problem and I smoke like a chimney but weird enough you have always sticked by me and I’m sure you’re the only one that can ever handle me and I love you for that. I’m sure of my choice , I want you. So will you be my girlfriend?”
Kari grinned and kissed Matt fully on the mouth. “I would love to be your girlfriend Matt”
Matt came down and smiled at me , kissing my cheek softly.
“What are you watching babe?” he asked , looking over at the screen.
He was such a puppy dog , normal guy when he was around me but when another gang’s men came in or a servant or hooker , which I’m not happy about , he’s always the meanest man anyone can think of.
“Friends. You know it probably will always be my favorite show”
He chuckled and brought me closer to him.
“So I have to go somewhere right now. But I’ll be back before dinner. I promise”
I gave him a frown , “you just got back”
He smiled softly , pecking my temple. “I know baby and I’m sorry. I’ll be quick I promise.”
“Where are you going?”
“Oh come on Kari , don’t ask me that please”
I sigh , “fine. But you’ll be safe right?”
“Of course. Bri and Zacky is coming with me as well but I can look after myself. I mean look at me” he flexed his uberly big muscles making me laugh.
“Alright hulk , just be back soon. I love you”
“I love you too sweetheart”
He gave me one last kiss on my lips and left the house.
I sigh and cuddled back into the couch.
“You look cosy” I heard Jimmy say from the door to the Patio.
I laughed ; “I am very cosy Jim-Jam. But I can do with company”
He chuckled and sat next to me.
“Matty boy left already?” he stated
I nodded ; “yeah. He was here for an hour and then he had to leave again. It sucks”
Jimmy laughed , “I know it does but hang in there. He loves you and I don’t think he’d handle it if he loses you”
I smiled ; “since when is the funny Jim-Jam so serious?”
He shrugged ; “with a best friend like you I have to be serious sometimes , you are way to much of a bubble head”
I gasped and slapped his arm ; “that’s mean. Take it back”
Jimmy giggled like only he can ; “you gonna put lover boy on me? Oooh I’m so scared”
“You should be Jim-Jam , you should be”
Jimmy laughed and was about to say something but he was cut off by one of the girls , or as I prefer to call them “gold digging prostitute whores” being sold into Sevenfold Mansion to have sex with my 4 best friends everyday. I once caught one trying to throw herself to Matt who simply ignored her as he was busy in his office. The next day , while all of the other girls respect me , she decided to lure me out by telling me that “Matt is only with me because he has a reputation to uphold” and then she started throwing punches at me. Needless to say , security caught her and she was thrown out.
“Master Rev , I finished my duties for today , want to have some fun?”
I rolled my eyes in disgust and Jimmy smirked at me.
“No thanks Tiffany. I am busy talking to my best friend here. Greet her , she’s an higher priority than you”
Tiffany nodded her head and with a small smile she greeted me politely. I must say I was surprised and greeted her back with the same politeness.
She then bowed her head curtly and left the room.
“She was polite” I told Jimmy who nodded ; “yeah she was Brian’s whore when she was first sold here. He teached her some “manners” with the other gangs we’re friends with , us , and you”
I laughed ; “I can just imagine what manners Bri taught her”
Jimmy laughed ; “speak of the devil” he nodded his head at the door to where Brian , Zacky and Matt stood , covered in blood.
“what happened?” I asked with a bored tone. The three of the chuckled.
“It’s not our blood Kari , relax” Brian said smirking at my face.
“Whose is it?”
They exchanged looks , “please babe don’t ask that.” Matt said , pleading with me.
“No Matthew , I want to know. Just tell me , I can handle it”
Zacky smirked at Matt’s distraught face , “it was a known associate of the Mafia. He owed us and Bullet some money so we teached him a lesson”
“Teached him a lesson meaning you killed him?”
Zacky shook his head , “nah we only tortured him a little. He’s alive and now in Bullet’s hands”
I shook my head , “boys will be boys”
They grinned at me , but when Matt saw my facial expression his grin fell , he knew he was going to be in some trouble tonight.
“Go shower Sanders. Get cleaned up , we’re going to your parents house tonight for dinner.”
He nodded ; “yes ma’am” and then he left the room , glaring at his best friend’s smirking faces. Brian made a whip sound which resulted in Matt flipping him off.
I laughed ; “well I need to go change as well and make sure Mr Bigshot is actually doing as he was told.”
They laughed at me and I went upstairs to Matt’s and my bedroom.
I heard the shower running and walked into the joined bathroom and grinned when I saw my naked boyfriend of 8 years.
I quickly dismolished my clothes and stepped inside the shower , wrapping my arms around his waist from behind.
“you know , if my girlfriend finds out both of us will be dead” he teased. I rolled my eyes and slapped his ass.
He yelped and turned around with a pout on his face. “shame on you baby”
He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me softly , “you still mad at me?”
“Nah. It’s your work. As much as I hate to say it. But I am still punishing you”
“Why?” he whined , pouting.
“Because I’m evil like that.”
He sigh dramatically , “what’s my punishment?”
“No sex for a week “
He frowned ; “but-“
“No excuses”
“But-“
“No buts”
“But-“
“Matthew Charles Sanders!”
He pouted but when he saw the warning look on my face his pout disappeared followed by a cheeky smile .
I giggled at him and gave him a big kiss before getting out of the shower.
“We have half and hour left to get ready , so hurry up”
“Yes dear. Whatever you say dear”
“Don’t mock me Sanders. I can make it 2 weeks”
He laughed and kissed my cheek ; “sorry baby”
I quickly blowed dried my hair and curled it before doing my makeup. I changed into light blue skinny jeans and a white freckled top with black wedges.
“You look gorgeous” Matt said , leaning against the door with his arms crossed and a proud smile on his face.
“Thanks babe. You look as sexy as ever”
He wore a white Billabong shirt with jeans and sneakers.
“I know”
I rolled my eyes , making him laugh out loud.
“Let’s go” he held out his hand to me and when I grabbed it he led us out of the room and out of the mansion , into his Ford Ranger double cab.
We arrived at Matt’s parents’ house and he quickly got out and opened my door for me and took my hand in his leading me to the inside of the house I know as my own.
My parents died right after graduation night and since then Matt’s family took me in as their own. His sister and I are best friends ; his mom and dad is called my own.
“Ah Karina. My , my how I’ve missed you. You should visit more” his mom gushed , hugging Kari tightly.
“I’ve missed you too Kim. I agree , it’s Matt’s fault though. He’s lil’ lazy”
His mom laughed and he smiled sarcastically at a grinning me.
“well hallo there Matthew , I didn’t see you” his mom said.
“H-Hi mom. How are you?”
“Fine” she said and returned her attention to me and I smiled apologetically at him..
His parents and him were once extremely close. Along with his sister they were the perfect family , and very happy. They would go to restaurants every Sunday afternoon and eat lunch along with Waffles for dessert. It was a tradition for them but when he got into the Mob business his mom and dad disowned him. Amy ane him are still close but that’s only because she and I were practically sisters.
We walked inside the house I spend the best childhood ever in.
I helped his mom getting the food on to the table while Matt tried to make conversation with his dad who was just as estatic to see me.
When the food was on the table we all sat down. I sat down next to Matt and we all engulfed into the food.
“The food is really delicious Kim” I complimented.
My mom grinned , “why thank you Kari. I will make sure to give you the recipe”
“That will be greatly appreciated” I laughed at the formality of my words.
After dinner , Kim and I quickly washed up and got the dessert ready. I saw Matt again trying to make a conversation with his dad but Gary quickly shut him up.
Matt’s face was emotionless but only I could see the hurt behind the emotionless exteriour Matt gave himself when he joined the Mob.
I went behind him and wrapped my hand around his shoulder ; “you okay?” I whispered.
He nodded and smiled at me and I sat down.
“So Kari , how’s work going? You still on holiday?”
I nodded ; “yes. For another 3 weeks and then it’s back to the school for me”
“Hopefully 3 weeks don’t fly by”
I grinned ; “I do hope not. I like sleeping in late and doing whatever I want to”
“aww and teaching kids that age is just tiring”
“I just know if the next school term begins earlier i would have killed everyone of that children” I laughed , Kim shook her head and chuckled heartedly.
“True , true”
I saw Matt frown and looked down at the table , staring at his empty plate.
I felt so sorry for Matt. Even if he’s known in the Mob world as a cold , cruel and vicious murderer , he’s still Matty – the boy I grew up with and fell in love with. He’s still the sweetheart that he is when he’s with me.
“T-thanks for dinner mom. It was wonderful” Matt said softly and unsurely when we were on our way to leave after 3 hours of talking and eating.
His mom gave him a soft smile in which I was grateful for. “Thank you Matthew and you’re welcome.”
I hugged Kim after complimented her on her food and dessert and then hugged Gary. They both told me to come visit more and I told them I would ,especially in my holiday.
“Bye mom , dad” Matt said and squeezed my hand tighter , not sure what to do.
“Bye Matthew” his mom said and his dad nodded his head.
“Goodnight” I said and we walked out of the house.
“They were nice to you tonight” I told Matt as we were driving back to the house.
He nodded ; “yeah. The 4 words they’ve spoken to me”
I laughed ; “Oh come on Matt. It’s a start”
“I guess. At least you love me”
“Always Dimple.”
He turned his attention from the road and raised an eyebrow at me.
“Really? That’s my new nickname?”
“Yeah. It is. Dimple. It has a nice ring to it”
“As long as you don’t call me cute”
“You are cute” I retorted.
“No I’m not. I’m the leader of a Mob , I am not cute”
I laughed ; “whatever you say Dimple. No wait ‘cute dimple’”