Status: Finished ; Sequel coming!

Where I Want to Be

Chapter 12

“What if she leaves? What if she doesn’t want to be with me anymore?”
I rolled my eyes at Brian groaning. “She won’t. She loves you. Stop being a girl and come on. The wedding – your wedding is in 20 minutes. Hurry!”
I nodded thinking about all the good things in my 8 almost 9 years with Kari and the times before when we were friends.
She’s my everything.
She’s my life
I will make sure she stays forever.

**
I took a deep breath and Brian , being my best man , and I walked out. The guys were waiting for us and all patted my shoulder for good luck.
We walked to the front of the church , guests giving me words of encouragement and congratulations.
The wedding mars started playing and I instantly grinned. My girl is almost here.
I took a deep breath and exhaled , my breath getting caught as the guests stood up and there she was.
My beautiful angel.
She smiled at me and my grin got even bigger.
“Whose giving this woman away to this man?” the priest asked.
“I do” Troy said kissing Kari’s forehead and giving her to me.
“Thanks man’ I whispered and then smiled at Kari as we stood facing each other.
“You look beautiful” I whispered
“You too” she whispered back smiling at me.
“Dearly beloveds. Today we come together to witness the love between Matthew Charles Sanders and Karina Elisabeth Benson.”
The priest continued but I wasn’t paying attention , my mind was focused on Karina. All the memories we have , all the heartache the fights , the love.
I know I don’t deserve her , but then again she decided to choose me. She decided to stay with me even after I told her I’m joining the mob. God I still remember the day I told her.
“babe , there’s something I need to tell you. Please don’t be mad and please don’t hate me. I love you so much and I dont’ want to lose you but I will understand if you want to leave.”
“Matt , you’re scaring me. What’s wrong?”
“I... the guys , and I... well... baby.... we-we have been... we’ve been asked to form a gang to join in the mob.”
“What?”
“They want us to become mobsters. They got us into the mob”
“Who’s they Matt?” her voice raised
“Metallica , and guns ‘n’ roses. Axl Rose came to us and since they are retiring we will become the younger version of them. They’re giving us their power , mansion , money , everything.”
“When?”
“When what?”
“When are you becoming....that?”
“We’re starting next week Monday”
She breathed in and srunched up her face. I saw tears falling down.
“Baby-“ she slapped me. Hard.
“Kari”
“Just leave me alone for a second Matt. Just shut up”
I nodded and tried to control my shaky breathing. She can’t leave – she can’t.
She started bawling and all I wanted to do was hold her.
She threw her body on me and kissed me with all ehr power. I was stunned but kissed her back.
“I will stay with you” she said
“Kari baby thank y-“
“I’m not finished Matt. I will stay with you but if you change just a smidge , i’m leaving. I don’t want you to become arrogant , hostile towards ME , and if you start thinking of me as a fuck buddie or trophy I am leaving without a second glance. Do you understand me?”
I nodded without hesitating. There’s no way how I’ll evr do that things.
“Okay. I’ll support you and the guys.”
I breathed out , “thank you baby. Thank you so much. I love you. God I love you”
“I love you too Matty”
“We will now proceed to the vows. Matt , you can go first”
“Kari , baby. Since the first day I saw you in pre-school I have thought of you as a girl I can see myself spending my life with. I remember telling the guys that even though I believed that girls had cooties , you were a beautiful girl. That hasnt’t changed. In primary school I developed a school boy crush on you and in high school I just knew that I loved you more than anything. Baby , thank you for sticking by me. For loving me even though I turned into a bad guy. Thank you for not turning your back on me and for supporting me. Without you , I would be a lost soul not knowing what to do with myself. I would be a monster because you tame me. I love you Karina Benson”
By the time I was done she had tears in her eyes.
“Karina. You can now say your vows” the priest said. Kari mouthed an ‘I love you’ to me.
You have been my best friend since we were kids. You have always protected me , whether it was against the ghosts of the horror movies you made me watch , Barney the dinosaur’s teeth , or the ugly people in enemy gangs. You have always been my savior. You saved me when my brother was deported. You held me when my parents died. You were there for me since the start. I never want to be without you , I wanna be your wife for the rest of my life.
Babe I know you won’t believe me when I say this , but there’s nothing in this world hat will ever take me away from you. I don’t even want anyone else but you. There’s no-one that can even replace you or the love I have for you.
I love you Matthew. Forever and always”
I smiled a teary smile.
“Matthew , do you take Karina Elisabeth Benson to be your lawfully wedded wife , in sickness and in health. Do you promise to love her till death parts you?”
“I do” I said without any hesitation.
“Karina , do you take Matthew Charles Sanders to be your lawfully wedded husband , in sickness and in health. Do you promise to love him till death parts you?”
“I do” she said making me smile big.
“Then , with the power vested in me by the state of California , I now pronounce you husband , and wife. Matt you may kiss your lovely bride”
“Finally” I muttered making Karina and the guests laugh.
I cradled her face and kissed her like never before. I dipped her making everyone “whoop’
“I love you my beautiful wife” I whispered.
“Love you too sexy husband”
“Ladies and gentlemen , I give you Mr and Mrs Matthew Charles Sanders!”
Kari and I ran outside after signing the documents and was bombarded by the guests that was already outside throwing us with confetti.
The guests all went to the reception while Kari and I , and of course family and bridesmaids & groomsmen stayed behind to take pictures by the lake.

Photos taken :
Matt and Kari x 10
Matt with parents and Amy
Matt with Amy
Matt with the groomsmen
Matt with the bridesmaids
Kari with the groomsmen
Kari with the bridesmaids
Kari with Matt’s family
Kari with Troy
Kari with Tanya
Kari and Matt kissing x3
Matt and Kari with his parents and Troy
Matt and Kari with bridesmaids + groomsmen
Matt with Tanya
Kari with Brian
**
The photos took a long time but when it was finally over , we went to the reception.
Kari and I had to wait till last before we could go in so the photographer took another few photos of just us with the wedding car and funny pictures and where we’re kissing.
“Okay , lovebirds you can go in now”
I grabbed Kari’s hand and we walked into the reception hall. Everyone was cheering and clapping hands.
I found our table , which was joined by the guys , the girls , Amy and her boyfriend and Troy and his date , Marissa.
“Mrs Sanders!” Tanya squealed hugging Kari. She laughed , “it’s suits me’
“Karina” I pecked her lips , Elisabeth” peck “Sanders” kiss.
“Keep it for the honeymoon Shads” Zacky teased making everyone laugh.
I looked at Kari and entertwined my fingers with her fingers.
She kissed my cheek and beamed at me and I knew this is where I belong.
This is who I’m suppose to be with
And I couldn’t have it any other way.