Status: Finished ; Sequel coming!

Where I Want to Be

Chapter 11

“Hi Troy. It’s me again. Just wanted to call to say i miss you. I’m getting married tomorrow and I really wanted you to be here but I guess you’re....”
“already here” I heard Troy’s deep voice from behind me. I spun around and dropped my phone.
“Troy?”
He chuckled , “you should probably pick up your phone-“ I cut him off by throwing my body on him hugging him tightly.
“What are you doing here?”
“Matt called me , said you miss me and ... baby sis I will never miss your wedding”
I started crying , “you have no idea how much that means to me. God..I missed you so much”
He hugged me tighter , “missed you too baby girl. Goodness you have turned into an even prettier girl since the last time I saw you.”
“I love you so much”
“Love you too.” He put me down and dragged me to the couch.
“I can’t believe my little sister is getting married.”
“You’ve always wanted me to get married to Matt. Mom and dad as well”
Troy sigh , bringing my head down to his shoulder. “They would be so proud of you baby girl”
“As to you” I said looking up at him , “you’re a hero. You risk your life for people who sometimes don’t even care”
He smiled , “Yeah well. I’ve thought about quitting. Y’know? Maybe get a desk job at the Marines... After I was shot I.. well I just can’t fight anymore”
Troy was shot last year in his back and was sent back home for two months. I was against him being deported again but he reassured me he was fine.
“Not to sound selfish but that’ll be the best thing I’ve ever heard”
Troy laughed and kissed my hair.
“Now.. it’s time to make yourself pretty for rehearsal dinner.”
“Have you seen everyone?”
He nodded , “Matt and Brian picked me up at the airport and I saw Jimmy , Zack and Johnny along with Tanya like an hour before I surprised you”
“I’m so happy you’re here”