Status: Sequel : be patient with updates

Out of the Blue

Chapter 16

“Doctor Williams. The chief is looking for you. He says to meet him in his office when you’re out of the O.R”
I nodded at my intern and quickly washed my hands before walking into the O.R to operate on a man with braincell tumour affecting his speech.

After an hour , the surgery was over and things went smoothly. I washed up and threw my gloves into the basket , walking out of the O.R and straight to the cheif’s office.
“Hi sir. You wanted to see me?”
He nodded and smiled , letting me know that I should sit.
“Alright Doctor Williams. The board and I have decided that since I want to retire this year , well... we decided to make you the new chief of surgery”
My eyes widened
My head was spinning.
“Wh-What?”
“You have until tomorrow to decide. I get that it’s a big step and you need to discuss it with Matt but Meandra you’re my best surgeon. You’re the highest paid attending”
I shook my head and swallowed , “sir I’m a surgeon. I am a surgeon. I don’t—“
“Just think about it Mea and let me know tomorrow.”
I nodded , “thanks for the offer sir. I’ll let you know tomorrow. My surgeries are done for the day and my residents and interns are handling the post. So I’m gonna head home”
He nodded and smiled , “See you tomorrow Mea”
I went to the Attending’s rest room and walked up to my locker , taking off my scrubs and replacing it with normal clothes. I then shut my locker and walked out , unlocking my car and drove off to my new home.
Once I reached the house , I drove in to the garage and then hopped out , walking straight in to the house.
Bella came running towards me , her tail happily wagging. “Belleee. Did you miss momma? I missed you too. Yes I did yes I did”
“Are you gonna talk to me that way as well?” Matt’s voice rung in front of me.
I smiled , and pinched his cheek.
“hello Matty-poo.” He laughed swotting my hand away and engulfed me into a hug and then a mindblowing kiss.
“How was work?”
I sigh , “I need to tell you something”
He nodded and we walked into the living room that was halfway decorated. Michelle , Lea and I was finishing the house tomorrow after work.
“What’s wrong baby girl?” He asked patting his lap to indicate I should rest my head on.
I layed down with my head in his lap and smiled as his lips collided with my forehead.
“Well today , after my last surgery chief called me in , sat me down and told me that he’s retiring. Then he told me that he and the board agreed for me to be the new chief of surgery”
“What? Are you serious?”
I nodded and turned my head to look at his face. “I don’t wanna do it Matt. I don’t. I’m a surgeon , I love cutting – I don’t like admin”
“Then don’t do it. Simple as that. You love your job so much , you should not do something you’ll regret. Besides I hardly see you , and if you take up the offer I’ll never see you”
I smiled and pulled his neck down kissing his lips softly. “Okay. I’ll tell the chief tomorrow that I won’t do it”
“baby?” he asked after a few seconds , I looked at him and ‘hmm’ed’
“Michelle called earlier , you were still at work –she wants you to go over”
I sighed and nodded , “okay.”
He smiled and kissed my lips. He pecked it before giving it a tongue-included long kiss. I sigh into the kiss.
“You give the best kisses in the world”
He laughed , “so do you babe. So do you”
I smiled and got off his lap , taking my coat and gave Matt a kiss before going back to my car.
I drove off to Brian’s house that wasn’t too far and parked the car , knocking on his door.
Michelle opened with tears streaming down her face , her eyes bloodshot and her hair a mess.
“Babe?” I had a feeling I knew what was going on. I saw Lea’s car coming up the driveway. She hastily got out and then asked what I wanted to know :
“what’s going on Chelle?”
“Brian slept with a girl. I-I-I-I...” she stuttered.
Brisly , Lea and I helped her to the living room where she sat down and then started crying.
“I was.. I was at w-w-work and I-I-I , when I got home I heard moans... and they were doing in in our bed”
“You’ve gotta be kidding me! Where is that motherfucking asshole?” Lea blurted out. I hugged Michelle tighter.
“He-he went to your house Mea... He’s at your house. I-I-I kicked him out , he didn’t even try to explain”
“Baby... That.. that’s old Brian. Old Brian slept with girls , I thought he had changed”
She nodded , I-I thought so too” she wailed.
“Aww hon. I’ll come to the bottom of this okay?”
She nodded and cried in my chest.

*****
After 5 hours of consoling Michelle , eating ice-cream and watching the Notebook , A Walk To Remember and If Only , Lea and I left after Michelle told us that she was going to sleep and then tomorrow move out to her sister’s apartment not far from here.
I said goodbye to Lea and then drove off to my house. Brian’s car was in the driveway along with Jimmy’s. Johnny’s motorcycle was also there but Zack’s car wasn’t and I was wondering where he was.
I know Zack has a big , massive crush on Michelle and he might even be in love with her ever since he first met her so I was hoping that he wasn’t going to fish in Brian’s life otherwise things would end ugly for Michelle , Zack and Bri.
I walked into the house but wasn’t greeted by Bella this time. She was propably already in bed since it’s way past her bedtime.
I walked into the living room , livid , and once Brian saw me he stood up.
“Mea...”
“How could you fucking do that to her Brian?”
“Babe calm...” Matt started but shut his mouth once I threw him a icing glare.
“She wasn’t suppose to find out!”
I slapped his face. “What happened to you?! Why did you change back into the manwhore asshole?!”
“I can’t be in a commited relationship. I can’t” he screamed.
“why?”
“I just can’t. I never meant to hurt her. I do love her , I’m just not ready”
“You’re an excuse for a man Haner. She’s perfect and you’re just throwing that away?”
Brian walked up to me , the distance between us scary and intimidating.
“You don’t know shit Mea.”
Out of the corner of my eye I saw Matt shifting uncomfortable , I just knew he was trying to control his anger for Brian to be this close to me.
“I know that you’re a piece of shit who not only cheated once but twice on the only girl that has ever loved you!” I screamed pushing him away but his hands caught my wrist in a very tight hold.
“Remember who you’ve known the longest Meandra! Remember which one of us – me or Michelle – has been your best friend the longest”
“She didn’t hurt you Bri.” I was talking softer now.
Brian sigh and sat back down. Matt relaxed instantly , indicating with his hands that I should come and sit next to him.
“Who was it? Who was the girl you cheated on Michelle?”
Brian bowed his head and for the first time since I walked in Jim spoke.
“Tell her Brian. Tell her who you’ve slept with.”
“If she wasn’t angry at you before she sure will be now” Johnny added , ignoring the looks the guys gave him.
Brian sigh and turned his head up.
“Gena”

Chapter 16 : Relevations and commitments
“You motherfucking asshole” I screamed , standing up again ignoring Matt’s protests.
Brian stood up aswell , his confidence faltered when he saw my angry expression.
“Stop judging Mea. You know me , you know who I am. You know I don’t do relationships”
“I thought you changed” we were talking softer now , but I was still angry.
“I did too...” he paused and pulled at his hair , “God , she’s perfect. She’s beautiful , she’s funny she’s nice and she’s caring. I just... I can’t. I’m not ready”
I nodded and hugged him. He seemed pretty upset , “just... go talk to her. Tell her that. If you really love her , and I know you do , go talk to her”
He nodded and released me , “okay. I will. And don’t worry I won’t let you choose. I’ll never find a better best friend than you so I won’t make you choose”
I nodded , “go talk to her tomorrow. When she’s cooled down. You can sleep here”
He nodded , “thanks”

I sigh and then said goodnight to the guys. I was tired after the long day and I really needed to sleep to be able to work tomorrow.
“I’ll be in later. I think the guys are staying for a while” Matt whispered to me. I smiled and pecked his lips , “it’s fine. Have fun. Love you”
“I love you too”
I walked upstairs and groaned when I saw the messy bedroom. Leave it to Matt to make the room messy in a matter of 8 hours.
“I decided to give him a piece of my mind tomorrow and quickly threw everything off the bed. I quickly did everything I had to in the bathroom and then hopped into the bed.
Bella was already asleep in her pink bed.

The next morning the alarm went off way to early. I groaned and looked next to me only to see Matt not there. I shrugged it off and stood up. Bella was still sleeping soundly. I quickly took a cold shower and then dried my hair , applied my makeup and dressed in jeans and a shirt with a leather jacket. I got my bag ready with my scrubs and proceeded downstairs.
I laughed at the sight in front of me and took a picture to send to Lea.
There my boyfriend was layed , cuddling with her boyfriend.
“Matt” I shook him awake , “babe”
He grunted and fluttered his eyes open. His eyes widened when he saw his position and threw Jimmy off who only cuddled with the floor.
“Uh....hmm”
I laughed , “you’re gay now?”
“N-No...”
I chuckled and walked to the kitchen , got myself some coffee and a toast , quickly ate it brushed my teeth , gave Matt a kiss and told him to clean his shit in the bedroom and then drove to the hospital.
I have exactly 5 surgeries scheduled today and have 4 post and 5 pre-ops to do. My day was surprisingly calm but I know I shouldn’t jinx it.
My first patient is a new one. The interns have warned that his wife isn’t exactly the nicest person but I’d rather see it for myself.
Once I walked into the room , I was greeted by a very sick man with a angry looking lady sitting next to him.
“Well it’s about time you arrive” she sneered. I was startled – the man just got here.
“E-excuse me?” I asked.
She ignored me , “my husband is just being childish. He’s putting up a front. He is not sick so you are just wasting your time”
I had to bite my lip to stop me from lashing out. “Luckily I am a doctor and I will say if he’s making it up or not.”

**************************************
“hey girly. It’s me , y’know Lea... well anywoo I wanted to see if you’d lunch with me? Say 1’ish? At cappuchinos? You up for it? Gimme a call , see ya”
I laughed at Lea’s odd phone call and realized it was almost one o’clock so I quickly texted and told her I’d meet her there. I went to the locker room and dressed in something else , got my pager and started walking outside the building. Cappuchinos was next door to the hospital.
I got an empty seat outside since it was sunny and waited for Lea to come. My phone vibrated and I quickly checked it , I beamed when I saw it was Matt. He was back on tour for yet another 5 months and this time I don’t think I’d get to visit. But I sure as hell was going to try.
Hi beautiful girl. Sorry I can’t call you now – but I sure as hell will tonight before the show. I love you so much baby. You should know that I miss you so much and I’m gonna dedicate a song to you tonight. Love you pretty girl , have a nice day xx
I grinned and send him a reply :
You’re a cutie y’know? I miss you too my Macho man. I can’t wait for your call (: I’m lunching with Lea now. What are you up to? I love you babe. Xx (:
“hey grinny. Talking to lover boy?”
I looked up and smiled when I saw Lea. I put my phone away and nodded , “of course. How about you? Heard anything from Jimbo today?”
“Yeah. I’m going to visit him in a couple of weeks”
“Lucky bitch.”
She laughed and beckoned the waitress over. She grinned “Hi my name is Whitney and I’ll be your server today. How can I help?”
“Hi can I have a cafe latte please , and a chicken sandwich white bread” Lea said smiling.
Whitney scribbled it down and then looked up at the blonde waitress. “I’ll have a hot chocolate with a toasted tramezinni with mozarella”
“Coming up” she smiled and walked away.
“Why aren’t you coming with me? When I go to Moscow?’
‘I can’t. They won’t give me off. It’s a new management and...”
“it’s only a new chief Meandra , the management still loves you”
“I know.. I just. God I want to see Matt so badly and.. at the same time it’s bad ethics taking so much time off always”
“Hun. Come on... it’s a couple of days.”
“Yeah okay. I’ll talk to them. I’m sorry I just...”
“babe , you’re a dedicated surgeon. Matt knows – he fell in love with you like that”
“Yeah.”
“So guess what?”
“what?” I asked
“Jimmy says he has something very important to ask me when I go on tour.”
“You think he wants to--?”
“Yup” she nodded , ‘I don’t want to jinx anything but I really think that’s what it’s about. I sure as hell hope so”
“That’s great Lea. I hope that’s what it’s about.”
“Do you think you and Matty will soon tie the knot?”
I quickly said thanks to the waiter when she brought our food and then looked back to Lea shaking my head.
“No. Way too soon. I have a bubble head boyfriend and I think it’s too soon for us.”
“y’really think so?”
“Yeah. Besides I’m happy the way things are now. But girly if Jim is on the same page as you are , then proposing on tour is actually romantic”
She laughed and took a bite out of her sandwich. “Yeah I mean how many girls can say they were asked to marry their lover on a bus full of stinky guys”
I laughed. “Just act surprised”
“Oh I will”