Status: Active

Life Is Long for Those Who Have to Wait

Forget-Me-Not Eyes

Soon after the plane landed there was an announcement made that the storm would not be cleared until morning. Melody groaned as she sat down on one of the cots provided by the airport. It was far too snowy to even think of trying to leave the airport to find a hotel.

"Whatca doing?" William asked, sitting next to her as she pulled out her phone.

"I have to text my boss and my assistant to let them know I won't in Chicago until tomorrow afternoon and why." She answered with a sigh, quick fingers typing the message.

"You have an assistant?" William asked, looking slightly impressed.

"Eh," Melody shrugged. "It's not like he brings me coffee or anything. He mostly just helps me run the computers in Chicago when I am back home. He is called my assistant but I think of him as more of an equal really."

"What else?" he asked.

"What else, what?" Melody asked, smiling at him, before reaching into her bag and pulling out her sketch book.

"What else about you."

Melody raised an eyebrow "Why do you wanna know about me?"

"Because I make it a bit of a rule to learn about the people I let claw to my shirt for dear life." he grinned. "It's not that hard to talk about yourself."

Melody pursed her lips. "How about I tell you something about me and then you have to tell me something about you and we will go back and forth?"

"How about you talk somewhere else so the rest of us can get some sleep?" a man grumbled.

Without even answering, Melody grinned at William and took her heels off. She slipped her hand back in her bag, pulled out a pair of blue and white poka dot socks and slipped them on. William gave her a questioning look and she smiled at him, standing up from the cot, she took a couple of steps before motioning William to follow her. He watched Melody for a minute before also slipping off his shoes and following her.

She started at a run once she reached the doorway to the room where all the cots were set up and stopped suddenly as she crossed the threshold, allowing her socks to let slide across the floor. William grinned at her as he watched from the doorway.

"I'm an artist." Melody smiled, looking at him. "I draw and paint. Who on earth wears dark green and blue stripped socks?" she wrinkled her nose and took off again.

William chased after her down the hall, allowing himself to slide as he got ahead of her. They both stopped and William grinned. "I use to be in a band, but I recently went solo. My socks happen to be cool, miss poka dots."

"I'm thinking about going back to school." Melody answered "By the way I make poka dots look sexy." she added and took off down the hall again, sliding to stop as William caught the back of her black sweater.

"I have lived in Chicago since I was a kid." William answered, sliding past her a little ways. "What are you gonna go back to school for? Also I never said the poka dots didn't look good on you." he added with a smirked before moving ahead of her down the hall.

"Greek and Roman history teacher." she answered, "But I want to major in Greek Mythology." She caught up to him easily and caught his sleeve as they both let themselves slide down the hall.

William grinned at her as they both came to a stop. "I think stripes are just as sexy as poka dots."

Melody let out a sigh.

"What?" William asked, eyebrows knitting together.

"We can't be friends anymore William." she answered, placing a hand on his shoulder "I'm sorry."

"And why not?"

"I could never be friends with a man who loves stripes more than poka dots." she answered, running down the hall at top speed as soon as the words were out of her mouth.

William chased after her, managing to catch her just as she stopped to slide again and ran straight into her. The two tumbled to the hard ground, laughing and groaning in pain at the same time. William smiled down at her from where he had landed on top of her.

"I never said that stripes were sexier, I said they were just as sexy." he grinned.

"I'm sorry, William." she sighed "That is not the answer I need to be able to continue this friendship.

"How about poka dots look sexy on your and stripes look sexy on me? Seeing as you are far prettier than me than technically poka dots still win." William suggested, standing up to help Melody back to her feet.

Melody pursed her lips and thought for a moment. "Fine, I guess we can agree there."

William let out an exaggerated gasp. "So we can be friends again?"

"I suppose." she smiled with an eye roll. "I wouldn't want to break your heart by saying no."

"Who would save you from a panic attack in the morning if we weren't friends?" William asked, sitting down in the hallway with his back against a wall.

"All I have to do is buy some sleep medicine and I'll be fine by myself." Melody answered, simply sitting down next to him.

"Sure you would," he smiled resting his head on her shoulder.

"You know what I need?"

"A handsome friend with a lovely singing voice?

"No," Melody laughed "I only need one of those silly. I need some Taco Bell."

"No one needs taco bell, Music." he laughed.

"William." Melody wined, flopping across his lap.

"What?" He chuckled, brushing blue bangs out of her even bluer eyes.

"I need Taco Bell."

"The airport provided dinner, music." William grinned.

Melody smiled at the nickname "but it wasn't Taco Bell. I need Taco Bell, I'm having withdrawals."

"You are not." He laughed lighting pushing her small frame away from him.

"If I go any longer with out it and I'll need an IV of Baja Blast." She pouted.

"You'll be fine." He smiled.

"Help me break out and back in to the airport so I can get some Taco Bell." Melody pouted.

"Can't you wait until we get to Chicago tomorrow?" He asked, rolling his eyes with a smile.

"It will be a close one." Melody answered, placing the back of her hand against her forehead dramatically. "I'll be so faint you'll have to carry me off the plane."

"If you imbed your nails into my shirt again I'll have to carry you anyways." He chuckled.

"I did not imbed my nails into your shirt." she scoffed, pushing his shoulder lightly.

"You were still clinging to me when we got off the plane, Melody." he laughed.

Melody rolled her eyes playfully and rested her head on William's shoulder. "Go ahead, make up your lies and slander."

William looked down at her and smiled. "Did you know your eyes are the color of forget-me-nots?"

"They make it harder to forget me." she answered with a playful smile.

"I believe it." William answered and rested his head on top of hers.

"Are you going to forget me once we get to Chicago tomorrow?" she asked softly, feeling her eyes start to get heavy.

"Me?" William smiled lightly, and wrapped his arm around her waist. "Forget the panic attack airplane girl with forget-me-not eyes and poka dot socks?"

"Yeah." Melody mumbled sleepily.

William sigh contently. "Nah, there is no way I could forget you"