Status: Active

Life Is Long for Those Who Have to Wait

You Can't Just Go Around Grabbing Girls In The Dark.

"Wake up." Melody pouted.

"Hmmm?" William asked opening his eyes slowly "What time is it?"

"Three in the morning." Melody answered simply.

"Why on earth did you wake me up at three in the morning?" he asking, smiling at her sleepily.

"Because I'm not tired anymore." she pouted "You have to wake up and keep me company. Besides it's bad for your back to sleep up against a wall like that."

"I'm tall." he sighed, resting his head on her shoulder "Everything is bad for my back."

"Fair enough." she shrugged, standing up and causing William to fall over.

"I was trying to go back to sleep." William pouted up at her from the floor.

"Wouldn't you rather explore the airport with me?" she asked with a grin.

"That sounds like the beginning of a bad horror movie. Didn't you see Warm Bodies?"

"They fell in love and he became human at the end." she laughed "Besides that is more of a romantic comedy than a horror movie."

"Well what if this is more of a horror movie than a romantic comedy?" he asked giving her one of his goofy grins.

"Then it is your job to follow me around the airport and make sure nothing bad happens to me."

"Why can't you just stay here with me? We could go back and sleep on the cots or something?" he asked, finally sitting up.

"Because I'm still going through Taco Bell withdrawal. We wouldn't have this problem if you had agreed to sneak out of the airport with me."

"If I help you sneak out now will you help let me sleep?" he asked, pouting.

"Nope." Melody smiled, matter-o-factly. "Taco Bell is closed at three in the morning. Sneaking out now will do no good."

"Curse me and my stupid mistakes."

"Basically." Melody grinned, before taking off down the hall.

William scampered to his feet and chased after her, trying not to slip in his socks. "Where exactly do you want to explore?" he asked curiously.

Melody shrugged. "I don't know. I've never been in an airport without having a heart attack about being about to get on a plane so I've never really had a chance to look around."

"I'm pretty sure that little barrier you moved is to keep us out of this part of the airport."

"Where is your sense of adventure?" Melody smiled. "Whats the worst that could happen?"

"We could get kicked out or get put on a no fly list. Then we miss our plane and you are even more late for your computer stuff or we have to drive to Chicago because they wont let us on planes anymore." William answered, not moving to go through the barrier.

Melody smiled at him playfully. "You don't want to get stuck in a car with me?"

"That's a fourteen hour drive, Melody."

"Fine." Melody shrugged "But if I get eaten by zombies or something its gonna be all your fault."

William rolled his eyes but followed her anyway. "You were one of those kids whose parents never let them go anywhere. So you were the perfect child who never went out and had fun, weren't you?"

Melody closed the barrier behind him and smiled. "That's what my parents think."

William grinned at her. "What did you really do then?"

"Woman's secrets." she answered, trying a random door and finding it locked.

"All secrets come out eventually." he smirked trying a door that read 'Supplies' over the top. The door opened a crack.

"What is supplies?" Melody asked, wrinkling her nose.

"We could go in and find out."

Melody and William looked at each other for a moment before Melody reached forward and pushed the door open. It was pitch black inside and Melody took a tentative step forwards, not sure if William was following or not. Melody let out a small screech as the door to the room slammed shut behind her.

"William?" she asked softly, searching for a light switch.

There was no answer.

"William?" she tried again, backing farther into the room.

She let out a loud screech as someone grabbed her sides.

"Oaf" came a mumbled gasp as Melody's hand connected with someones stomach.

"William?" she gasped, not sure if she was mad or relieved.

"You hit hard, Music." he answered, as a light switched on.

They were standing in a small square room that looked like a janitor's supply closet. Melody was slightly disappointed that this was the one room that was unlocked.

"You scared me." Melody pouted. "You can't just go around grabbing girls in the dark."

"Well when you say it like that." he smiled.

Melody was about to respond when a voice came over the intercom.

Attention Denver international guest of flight number 173 layover. Your flight will be leaving in an hour at gate 5C. Please gather your items and head towards your flight. Thank you."

"Fun is over then." William smiled a little. "We had better get out of here before we miss the flight."

"I guess so."

---------------------

"Melody."

Melody shifted slightly in her sleep and let out a sigh.

"Melody you have to wake up." A voice chuckled "If you don't you are going to have to live on this plane."

Melody's eyes shot open at that. "Where are we?" She asked with a yawn.

"Chicago, the plane is unloading."

"Already?" She asking, looking around confused.

"You fell asleep, Music." He answered with a chuckle, picking up his carry on bag and Melody's.

"I can't sleep on planes." Melody answered, standing up as well. "I'm too freaked out to be calm enough to sleep."

"Well you just did," he answered wrapping his arm around her shoulders. "I guess you should stay up all night sliding around in your socks before every flight you take."

Melody smiled "Seems like a strange tradition. Besides who would I slide in my socks with when you live on the other side of the country?"

"By yourself?" William suggested.

Melody rolled her eyes. "Because that doesn't make me sound like a lame and sad person."

"What's that?" William asked, as Melody's phone went off.

"Darren," she answered, reading through the message. "He wants to know if I have landed yet."

"Is Darren your boyfriend?" William asked awkwardly, removing his arm from her shoulder.

"I don't have a boyfriend." Melody answered, wrinkling her nose. "No guy wants to deal with a girlfriend who is away all the time. Darren is my assistant I was telling you about."

Melody quickly typed back a message and closed her phone, placing it back in her pocket. "I can carry my own bag you know."

"I want to carry it." William smiled, "Is Darren picking you up?"

"Yeah," Melody sighed "We are behind schedule on the system checks now. I won't be surprised if I'm stuck here for another day."

"One day later than you have to fly." William grinned.

"It also means I will be stuck here over the weekend." Melody sighed again.

"Well then, maybe we can hang out if you have nothing better to do."

"I was lucky I had you to calm me down." Melody smiled. "I would have died from a panic attack when they announced that storm if it hadn't been for you. I wish you could just be my permanent carry on."

"I don't think you would be able to carry me." William laughed. "Plus I would have to move to LA and I prefer living in Chicago."

"But I live in LA." Melody pouted.

William laughed and returned his arm to her shoulder. "We just met, I think it is a little early for me to move across the country just so you can have an airplane buddy."

Melody pursed her lips. "Is it too early to give you my number?" She asked as they reached bag check.

"Who said I wanted it?" William dead panned, reaching to pick up a black dufflebag.

Melody felt her heart clench at that. She quickly picked up her red back and moved passed her on the baggage carousels. She glared at the back of William's head for a half a second before kicking him in the shin and grabbing her carry on bag out of his hand before she knew what she was doing. He looked at her surprised as she stumbled back, trying to catch his balance and ended up backing over another back.

"Jack ass." She snapped, as she watched him land on his ass.

"Melody!"

"Fuck off." she growled, before turning on her heels and taking off.

"Melody are you alright?"

"What?" Melody snapped as someone caught her arm. "Oh Darren." She sighed looking at the owner of the arm. "I thought you were William."

"Who?" He frowned.

"Don't worry about it." She sighed, rubbing her temples "Lets just go."

"Melody."

Melody turned a frosty gaze to William as he caught up with her. "What?"

Darren frowned at this new stranger and moved to place himself between the man and his boss. "I don't think she wants to talk to you."

William looked at Darren for about five seconds before turning his gaze to Melody. "I was kidding about the number thing." he sighed "I was writing my number on a piece of paper out of my notebook when you kicked me. I though you knew I was joking."

Melody frowned at him suspiciously "Really?"

William gaze her one of his dazling crooked smiles "Of course. How mean do you think I am?"

"Okay, Darren." Melody sighed "You can stand down."

"You sure?" Darren asked, still glaring at William.

"Yes I'm sure." Melody smiled. She pulled out her business card from her bag and handed it to William.

"This is an office number." William pouted and Melody almost broke and just gave him her cell too.

"Yeah." she answered with a small smile. "It has my office number for Chicago and LA. Its not like you can't reach me."

William continued to pout at her and Melody smiled with an eye roll. "Give me your number and maybe I'll give you cell number later. Depends on if I forgive you for your bad joke or not."

"I'm really sorry." William pouted again as he scribbled his number down on a piece of paper.

Melody smiled and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. "Bye singer boy."

"Bye Music." he grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Some comments would make me update happy. =]