Status: new story x

My One and Only.

PROLOGUE.

i'm sorry for breaking your heart, luke. i will always love you.


Luke stared at his phone; the only one he loved - his one and only - decided to break off their relationship when 5 Seconds Of Summer was touring much more than before. He ran a hand through his blonde hair that was similar to his height. That pale hand shook through the locks, still slow as the world seemed to flash by him, quickly just like a film. He was sitting in the window seat of the airplane, his eyes never leaving the silver bubble on his iPhone. The only difference was that with each passing second the letters blurred only slightly, until it was a black mess.

His fingers moved to the window, watching the rain drip onto the glass. Pathetic Fallacy at it's cliche best. A Fine Frenzy's voice echoed in his headphones - the same song on repeat for the past hour or so. Clamping on the metal that hooped around his lower lip, Luke tugged on it, trying to keep his emotions in control. He was trying his damnest not to think about her, but she was buried in his mind. Her smile; the one that could light up the stars. Her eyes, the most beautiful shade he had ever seen. The way her hair flowed down her back and the other half down her chest. She was his Ariel and he was her Prince Eric.

He left his messages and went straight for the notes - filled with song ideas, quick lyrics that had no rhythms to follow, and one song that he had writing the past week. The past week was torture: him and her were not looking at each other and listening to music, they hardly cuddled, and there was no goodnight kisses. They were growing apart, but it was for the best, she said. He was going over to Europe, then the United States.

Remembering how he met her was the best thing that ever happened to him besides 5 Seconds Of Summer. He remembered that she moved in down the street. He remembered when his mother forced him to join her and his father to welcome them to Australia. He remembered her welcoming smile and how it made him see the world differently. He remembered when he fell in love with her only a few months later. He remember their first hand hold, their first kiss, and their first time.

Luke's eyes focused on the words that he wrote only a few short weeks ago. The words only sending a sword to his heart with each syllable.

i remember the day you told me you were leaving.
i remember the makeup running down your face,
and the dreams you left behind you didn't need them.
like every single wish we ever made...
i wish that i could wake up with amnesia,
and forget about the stupid little things;
like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you,
and the memories i never can escape.
‘cause I’m not fine at all...
♠ ♠ ♠
figured i'd whip this out before i pass out before work. i'll try to update almost every day.
i hope you enjoy it so far.
leave your thoughts.
jess x