Life Was Simplistic Then

~1

"Grab what you want. Meet me back here at sunset or else I will not hesitate to leave you here. Women are a negotiable. Go." He said to his crew. The date was May 15, 1675. Arthyr Heisganden, a German Pirate Captain, walked through France. A 17 year old man, he had raven black hair and piercing green eyes. He was on the lookout for rum and beautiful women. Smirking, he walked into a nearby pub. A woman sat at the counter. She had long, magnificent, blonde hair and the brightest blue orbs he had ever seen. He sat next to her. "Hello, beautiful. My name is Arthyr. Arthyr Heisgänden."

"Princess Leanna Rêvé." She held out her hand, which he did not take. "You're not from here, are you?"

"Let me introduce myself better. I'm Captain Arthyr Heisgänden of Germany." He said, taking her hand and kissing it. Leanna's eyes widened as he lifted her over his shoulder. He carried her out of the quaint pub. "Shit, it's almost sundown."

"S-Sundown?" She couldn't think clearly. 'What does sundown mean? What is planning to do to me?'

"Ja, fraülein, sundown. Sunset, sundown, whatever the hell you royal bastards call it." He ran to the ship, named The Raven Siren, and set her down on the deck. "Welcome home, fraülein."

"Merde, you don't expect me to--"

"I fully expect you to stay here. I will not be easy on you because of your gender, but I will protect you from the crew. You will call me Captain. I will not take anything else and I will punish you as I see fit. When we are not on this ship- unless we are in Britain- we are equals."

"Why Britain?"

"If I don't have my crew to help me out of certain situations, they'll have my head. Now, you're going to stay in my cabin until you can defend yourself." The way he said it... it sent shivers down Leanna's spine. "Any questions, fraü?"

"No." She said in a monotonous tone. She hated it when he called her 'fraü' or 'fraülein.' It just seemed so plain. 'I'm a princess, for god's sake!' He motioned for her to follow him as he walked to a door leading to a new area of exploration to her. He opened the door to a large room, with a bed, a desk, and a large amount of bottles. The room reeked of alcohol. "I presume you're sleeping there?" She pointed to an empty chair.

He laughed loudly. "Fraülein, if this wasn't your first day here I would have slapped you into next Thursday. I sleep in the bed, and so do you." He pointes to the bed as he spoke. His voice boomed through the room. "Prepare for training tomorrow."