One Love

Audio

I wanted to crumble as I stood there wrapped in Blake’s embrace. I wanted to release the tears I was fighting back but doing so would give away the bruise as my makeup wasn’t waterproof so I just pulled away and looked away. I remembered the biology assignment and handed Blake a copy of the assignment.

“H-here. It’s an assignment from Ms. Wilson.” Blake groaned in boredom as he read the assignment then just tossed the paper in the trash like I knew he would. Blake hated doing anything that involved taking things home which is why I did all the homework. I didn’t mind that much despite the bit of annoyance I feel when I know Blake’s out screwing some guy and I’m sitting home with Andy doing the projects.

“Cheer up, I’ll do the project like always. You can go out and have fun.” Blake looked over at me and sighed with a slight smile. He wrapped his around my shoulder in a friendly manner before chuckling.

“No, I think I will try to help. Meet up at your place?” I shook my head.

“No! I mean, no. Andy is going to be home and he doesn’t like when I have friends over. We’ll meet at your place afterschool.” Blake nodded and I felt stupid for how shaky I sounded when talking to him.

“Well don’t be surprised if my mom acts like a bitch. You know how she is about the whole gay thing.” I nodded as we walked into the cafeteria. I didn’t grab any food from the line instead I just went to our normal back table and sat down quietly. Blake grabbed pizza from the line since it was pizza day but Andy didn’t like pizza and hated when I smelled like it so I stopped getting it.

“Audio, earth to Audio!” I looked up at him and chuckled, realizing I had faded out.

“Sorry!” I rubbed the back of my head and smiled slightly. Blake looked at me weird then sighed and ate his pizza. I picked at my nails since I wasn’t eating and didn’t have much to occupy my time.

“Audio I’m skipping again, want to come?” I nodded slightly. I wasn’t the type of kid to have bad grades or even skip school but ever since Andy had started to show his true colors I just let everything slip because keeping Andy from beating me was more important. Blake and I got up from the lunch table and walked towards the school entrance. Our school didn’t have cameras or guards because our budget was cut thanks to low test scores which made it easier for kids like Blake to get out; but I wasn’t complaining.

My cell phone rung and I looked down to see Andy’s name. My skin paled as I answered and pulled it up to my ear.

“Where the fuck are you, Audio? I didn’t see you go to class. Are you fucking skipping with that guy?!” I gulped, he was pissed.

“D-Don’t worry Andy, I’ll still be home when you want me to be.” I hate you so much. He growled through the phone. I felt my heart racing as if it’d beat right out of my chest.

“Don’t tell me what to fucking do Audio. Be home in under two hours or there will be consequences.” I hung up the phone and looked up at Blake who was completely distracted by guys walking past.

“Hey, Andy called, I have to be home in under two hours.” Blake snapped out of it and looked over at me.

“Why do you always do what that guy says Audio?” I got nervous and looked at my feet.

“Well, I live with him. He pays all the bills as I don’t work so what do you think?” Yeah, that’s a good excuse. Blake took my reason although I could see the skepticism in his eyes and we walked off to his house to try to get started on the assignment.

When we got to his house his mom wouldn’t stop peeking into Blake’s room every few minutes. I guess she was paranoid because he never brings a guy to his room or even to his house for that matter. I got a pen and notebook out from my binder that I always carried and started the essay. I had Blake pull up the anatomy of a frog on his laptop so I could research what was needed. As I went to brush my fringe out of my face my hand wiped away some of the makeup, exposing parts of the bruise that covered my eye. I didn’t think about it as I kept writing the essay that was do in a couple days.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really hope you guys like this!