One Love

Audio

I sat on my bed crying in pain from the night that Blake found out about my bruise. I had been so careful in hiding it but that one stupid mistake had ruined everything. I potentially lost my best friend and Andy hates me even more now because he thinks I did it on purpose. I could see Andy growing tired of me as the days continue to pass with me crying helplessly on the bed. Even his abuse has no effect on me anymore as I’m completely broken.

“Get the hell up!” Andy lifted me up by my shirt and threw me on the floor. I pushed myself up off the floor and looked at him.

“What is it that you want, sir?” I held back a grimace as Andy’s hand slapped across his face in annoyance.

“First off, don’t use that tone with me Audio. Second, I want you to go out. I’m having friends over and I don’t want to disgust them by seeing you.” Ouch. His verbal abuse always cut deep into me but that made fresh tears cloud my vision. He laughed as I wipe them away and nodded towards him.

“Go get dressed.” I got up off the floor and walked into my closet. I pulled on a pair of black skinnies carefully over the fresh self-mutilation that I had done to my legs and slipped into a thin white long-sleeved shirt with my usual grey vest. I pulled on my purple converse and covered the fresh bruises on my face with the usual make-up combination. Andy had bought me a pair of brown contacts that would cover my one green and my one blue eye with a color that was more pleasing to him. I put them in and walked out of my closet looking at Andy.

“What is it now?” I looked down and twirled my fingers while shaking a bit.

“Can I have twenty dollars? We’re out of a few groceries and while I’m out I might as well get them.” Andy reached into his wallet and threw forty dollars at me instead of the twenty I asked for and made the shoo motion with his hand. I turned and quickly left the house before he could decide to hurt me further.

I figured groceries could wait a couple hours as I went to the park across the street from the ice cream parlor and swung on the swings. It had been so long since I decided to just have casual fun and honestly I enjoyed every minute of it. A cute guy with black hair and green eyes walked towards me smiling.

“Hey there cutie. Can I buy you an ice cream?” I blushed and nodded shyly. He held out his hand and I took it getting up from the swing. He walked towards the ice cream parlor with his hand still in mine and walked inside to get ice cream. He ordered a double scoop superman and I ordered a single scoop cookies n cream. As I was reaching to pay he made me take back the money and he paid for it instead.

“Hey, why’re you doing this?” My voice was small and I didn’t think he even heard me until he turned to me and smiled as we took a seat at a table.

“You looked miserable. Even with the joy from where you were swinging, I could see all the tension and even how you never look at anyone. I wanted to make you have a happy day even if it’s only one. By the way, my name is Jackson.” He smiled more as I looked down blushing. I never knew someone who wanted to make me happy except, well except Blake but he probably hates me now.

“When we leave here do you wanna go out? To like a club or something?” I looked up and nodded. He chuckled and went back to eating his ice cream.