My Heart Can't Be Broken If It's Not Beating

Chapter 17

"Where are you going?" Pete asked as I moved out from under his arm and tried to stand up. Immediately I began to feel warm and dizzy and had to reach out for his shoulder for balance.

"You think I'm going to spend everyday in my underwear? All you boys do is look at me like I'm a piece of meat"

Pete gave me a look.

"…Ok so maybe I am to you but that doesn't count. How do you do it anyway? Shouldn't you be trying to eat me or something?"

This time he just sighed and stood up, wrapping one arm around my waist and using the other to reach for the neatly folded stack of clothing beside my bed.

"I do have some self control. And it's not like I want to kill every human I'm around. It's like, just because you're in a supermarket, do you feel the need to eat every single item off the shelves?"

As Pete explained his weird supermarket analogy, I noticed he had picked out a black tank top and shorts from my clothes. He began unfolding the top and lifted it above my head.

"You don't have to dress me you know" I tried to explain.

"You break out into a sweat just from standing up, I think it's probably easier for you if I just get this over with"

I gave him a defeated look as he pulled the top over my head, his chilled fingers sweeping down my sides as he went. When he reached for my shorts and crouched slightly by my feet, I rolled my eyes and rested my hands forward on his shoulders as he helped me lift one leg after the other into the shorts.

"I think I can take it from here" I quickly interrupted before he started to pull them up my legs. He let go and watched my carefully as I bent down and pulled the shorts up and over my hips, savouring the feeling of no longer being so exposed. Even though I felt slightly warmer with the clothes on, it was better than the looks I kept getting from the guys.

"Wanna grab some food?" Pete questioned as I subconsciously moved closer to him, trying to cool down.

"Ok. Maybe some ice cream. And ice water sounds good. Actually just some ice would be fine too…" I began contemplating.

"Whatever you want" Pete chuckled before effortlessly swooping down to lift me up bridal style.

"You don't have to carry me"

"Yes, I really do"

*********

"Oh, hey" Patrick greeted us, somewhat surprised as Pete carried me into the kitchen where he was making Pete's drink. "I'm glad you're up"

"I don't think this technically counts," I mumbled as Pete took a seat as the counter, placing me on his lap. It was like sitting on an oddly shaped cold rock. "I think I'm capable of sitting in my own seat" I tried to reason.

"Uhh actually it's probably better to keep in contact" Patrick explained from the other side of the counter as I tried to move from under Pete's arm that was holding me in place. The movement began to make me tired though so I just sat and tried to relax.

"That finished yet?" Pete gestured to the blended ingredients in the jug before Patrick.

"Oh yes, I'll just grab you a cup-"

"No need" Pete told him and reached forward for the large jug.

Patrick shook his head and turned to me as he adjusted his glasses. "And for the lady?" he questioned politely, playing bartender.

"Just some ice wat- Pete!" I exclaimed as I felt something wet and looked down to see the contents of Pete's drink dribbling down my shoulder and all over my tank top. He looked at me from where he was messily sculling his drink, the liquid pouring down the side of his face and onto me.

"Shit, sorry" he apologised, putting down the jug and wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. Patrick had seen the accident occur and was hurriedly fetching some paper towels from under the sink.

"Thanks" I muttered as I reached for them and began wiping at my drenched and sticky top. "Argh I'm going to have to wash this off in the shower"

Pete rolled his eyes and grabbed some paper towels, he too trying to wipe at the sticky mess. "Can't you just…change your top or something?"

"Well it's kind of seeped through and I can feel it on my skin" I told him angrily, throwing the dirty paper towels on the bench and going to stand up.

"Oh if you're going to take a shower you should probably have Pete with you…" Patrick informed me shyly. All I could do was clench my fists.

"Let's go." I growled at Pete who just looked at me warily.

********

"Ok, so how's this going to work?" Pete asked me nervously as we stood together in the bathroom. I reached forward with Pete's hands on my waistdamn constant contact and began adjusting the shower knobs, putting my hand under the water every now and again to check the temperature.

"Well obviously we have to shower together"

Pete swallowed and looked me up and down somewhat disgusted.

"Hey, you're the one who spilt your disgusting concotion on me just because you don't know how to drink properly!" I frowned as I pointed my finger at his chest.

"Whatever, let's just get this over with" he spat before taking his shirt off. We were both scowling at each other as we took off clothes.

I took off my shirt and let my hair out.

He took off his pants.

I took off my pants.

He took off his socks.

I stoodadmiring glaring at him. He just looked confused.

"Shouldn't you, ya know, take something else off?" he questioned awkwardly.

I scoffed. "Yeah, like I'm showering naked with you. Come on, get in"

Pete rolled his eyes and stepped in behind me. I was first under the water and I sighed in satisfaction as it rushed over my body. Pete stepped in next to me.

"Crap this is freezing!" he exclaimed, putting his arms automatically around my waist.

"Hey it feels good" I defended and tilted my head up to water, lavishing the feeling of the cold water falling on my face. I was surprised I wasn't steaming.

So there we were, Pete and I both in our underwear, standing together under a stream of cold water in the shower. Somehow the thought calmed me, but it also immediately made me feel uncomfortable. Nervously, I made the mistake of turning around which resulted in me being face to face with Pete. I looked up at him, completely aware of every droplet of water dripping down my body, every place Pete's hands were delicately holding me, every beat of my heart that was seeming to increase in speed and every thought about this moment running through my head. I just stared at the way his wet hair fell against his face and how the water webbed itself in his eyelashes before he blinked it away.

"Hey! Hurry up in there!" a muffled voice shouted from beyond the door followed by multiple knocks. Pete and I both jumped in shock and looked to the door before looking back at each other. Then I noticed the throbbing in my head and the wave of fatigue that had just washed over me as well as the cold water. My kneels buckled slightly but before I even had to worry Pete was holding me up and turning off the shower. He carried me out and set me down, quickly blanketing me in a towel.

"Are you ok?" his voice was soft and caring but I found myself unable to focus.

"Uhh yeah, I'm just a bit tired. Do you mind if we lie down for a bit?"

"Sure. Let's just get dried off"

And this concluded my first, but definitely not last shower with Pete Wentz.

********

"Ok turn around"

"No just take it off!"

"I can't!"

"Do you want me to do it?"

"No, I –don't put your hand there!"

Trying to change out of my shower soaked underwear was probably the hardest thing Pete and I had to face as an attached pair. It was easy for him to change; all I had to do was turn around while he used his super vampire speed to change his clothes. Hell, he even did it with one hand around my waist. But for me, it took us about 15 minutes of deliberation to come up with a plan for me changing that didn't involve Pete seeing or touching any part of me that would make me castrate him instantly. What we came up with was probably the simplest idea.

All I had to do was put a new bra over the old one and take it off under the new one, then do the same with my underwear. And Pete was able to hold onto me as well. I just made him close his eyes.

And then once again I found myself half naked, in bed, cuddled up with Pete Wentz.

"I'm never showering again" I yawned, embracing Pete's cold chest.

"Yeah, yeah. Just go to sleep" he mumbled.

Even I was surprised when I fell asleep.

********

"Mommy, mommy look! That cloud looks like a giraffe! Can you see it?" The young girl squealed excitedly, pointing at the sky. I laughed and ran over to her, picking her up and holding her in my arms. The light breeze danced through her long raven hair, uncovering her face as her bright green eyes looked between the sky and me expectantly.

"Yes sweetheart I can see it" I smiled at her as I looked up and saw the sun beginning to set, tinting the sky with a farewell of pink, purple and orange. "Where's your brother?" I asked, looking across the darkening green fields.

"There he is!" she grinned, turning her gaze to the small boy running towards us enthusiastically. The boy mirrored his father who was chasing behind, a playful smile on his face. The girl in my arms began squirming and I put her down so she could run and play with her brother. They ran around together, playful squeals and laughter filling the air as I sighed contently.

"We're so lucky" a smooth voice said from beside me and I felt a familiar hand entwine with mine, his gold wedding band feeling cool against my skin. I turned to him and brushed the black hair out of his eyes as he stared at me. I felt an unbelievable feeling of happiness and love.

"I love you Riley" he whispered, bringing his face to mine.

"I love you too Pete" I smiled just before our lips met.


My eyes sprung open and my head replayed the images I had just dreamt. I remembered the faces and the events, but most of all I remembered the feelings. Especially feeling in love.

Oh shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hooray!
Just letting you know, the next chapter gets exciting ;)
Thanks for still reading. Happy New Year!

Oh and I never whore stories but if you like Pete Wentz then you should probably read this amazing story. There's no vampires but it's well written.

http://www.mibba.com/story/HeroesAndThieves/I-Slept-With-Someone-In-Fall-Out-Boy-And-All-I-Got-Was-This-Stupid-Song-Written-About-Me/

Comments keep this going XD

xx