Status: Active! My first story so tell me what you think!

Change of Perspective

Chapter Thirteen: Digging Deep

***Aliana's POV***

So after my embarrassing pee dance, Vincent led me down to the basement. Which was custom built for his undead parents. It was lavishly decorated. There was dark wooden floors throughout the basement. There was various different types of plants and flowers all over and they had a living area with an old school film projector set up. It was extremely homey feeling though, with all the browns, mossy greens, and blues. I had to stop to take in the beauty of it.

"You ok, baby doll?" Vincent askes with a smile.
"Yeah its just really pretty." I say honestly.
"Cassie did all of this. She's quite the little busy body." He laughs.

I smiled and we continued onward the bedroom area that had an open archway for a door. We entered and like the rest of the floor, it was gorgeous. The four poster bed was the same colored wood as the floor and had a dark mossy green and black bedspread. There was huge wooden cabinet in the corner.

"Here's my favorite part." Vinnie says with another smile at me.

He opens the doors and instead of it being a small space with clothes. It was an entrance to a enormous walk in closet that was separated in two by men's and women's clothing.

"Holy...My god this is cool." I say in amazement. I enter the closet.
"Yeah. Me and Matt built this for them." He says proudly.
"You guys are quite multi-talented." I state running my hands on the varying fabrics.
"We dabble a little here and there." He smiles.

He walks over to the woman's side and starts searching for something. I join him. He pulls out a pretty mossy colored V-neck along with a black lacy cami. I nod, completely approving of what he chose. He had some good taste and it was like he already knew what I liked. I see some jeans and start searching there. I find some 16's and shoo Vinnie out so I could change. The fabrics were soft against my skin and it was like the outfit was made to fit me specifically. I emerge from the closet to see Vinnie looking at some of the framed photos by the bed. I quietly walk over to him, carefully not to startle him. I peek over his broad shoulders to see the photos. There were several of the kids. There was one with a girl in it, I suspect that was Victoria. She had dark red hair and bright hazel eyes like Vinnie's. She had fair skin and you could tell she was a little on the healthy side. She was stunning. I look over to a different picture to see a man and woman together. I suppose this is mom and dad. The man is somewhat serious the only thing giving him away is the slight smile coming across his lips. He is dressed in a old school gangster, pin-striped suit and his jet black hair is slicked back. His has the same hazel eyes as Vinnie. If not for the different jaw line they could be twins. The woman is less serious. She has a full smile and is pressed up to the man, her head on his shoulder. She's in a black dress, the straps falling off her shoulders. She has golden brown hair and her green eyes bright.

"Is that your parents?" I ask touching his shoulder. He covered my hand with one of his own.
"I miss them. They were like us, ya know?" He says turning toward me.
"How do you mean?" I reply confused slightly
"Their mateship. My father saw my mom and she him. She fought him a little though. She was born human and never had a demon emerge." He says laughing a little.
"She had to be tough, to keep up with ya'll." I say jokingly
He laughs, "That is true. My dad was madly in love with her. She finally let up and as my dad likes to say 'the rest is history'." He smiles at me
"Your dad seems very stoic." I state looking at the photo again.
"He is most of the time. But he loves to a fault." He says resting his hand on my shoulder.
"I know someone like that." I quip looking up at him.
"Yeah. Me and him are a lot alike. But we do differ." He says, his eyes turn serious.
"Like what?" I dig a little deeper.
"He thinks that I should control be able to control my demon better. He had one of the strongest demons and he fought it, so I, his son, should be more than able to fight mine." He says emotionless
"He expects a lot of you. That's not always a bad thing." I say trying to smooth it over.
He gives me a skeptical look.
"Sometimes other people see more potential in you than you do yourself. My mom does the same thing." I say shrugging.
"Our parents would get along famously." He chuckles.
We turn to leave the room.
"So what's next for the day?" He asks.
I keep walking up stairs to the main level and think. Meanwhile my stomach betrays me, it starts making whale sounds almost.
"Well. I guess that settles that. Food is the next stop." Vinnie says.
"Now that I think about it, I haven't eaten since lunch yesterday." I shrug following Vinnie to what I assume is the kitchen.
"That's not good." He says looking back at me.
"Ehh.. I could lose a couple." I reply grabbing a little at my tummy chub.
"Steaks are best with a little fat, why not have some on a woman." He says casually.
I die in laughter again. He joins in with me.
"I need to put that on a t-shirt." He laughs out.
"Okay, seriously though. I could eat a cow right now." I say my stomach growling in protest.

He straightens up and opens up a free swinging door. I follow him into a glorious kitchen. The color scheme in this room was stainless steel and black marble. It was gorgeous. Not to mention the huge fridge. I make a run to the fridge and yank it open. It was packed!

"Booyah!!!" I yell with excitement.
"What would you like?" Vinnie asks.
"Do you cook?" I ask in shock.
"Yes, I actually enjoy it." He replies grabbing some eggs and hash browns.
"Can I have some toast too?" I ask, totally on board with some hash browns.
"Of course. You man the toaster, I worry about this stuff." He says smiling.
"Do you have strawberry jam, perhaps?" I ask trying to less of a spaz.
"We do. Would you like some?" He laughs a little.

I don't answer but I do frantically search through the fridge until I found it. I spot the toaster in the corner and start going to town on toast. While I wait I watch Vincent. He is very focused on cooking. He moves quick and efficient, putting a dash of this and that spice. I go over to him and wrap my hands around his waist. I already love this guy. I can't cook worth a shit and here he is being my little chef.

"Hey hun, can you move a minute?" Vinnie says briskly
"Uhh. Sure not a problem." I say going back to the toaster.
I was a little hurt because he was so cold about it. I mean the guy was falling all over me yesterday.
"Hey. I'm sorry, hun. I just get into a rhythm and I get a little testy when someone gets in the way." He explains feeling my hurt.
"Well that's ok, I suppose but it was still kinda cold." I say still a little hurt.
"I'm sorry, baby doll." He says, his voice rung out in honesty.
"It's ok. I'm sorry I just didn't get it." I say trying to get past it.
"It all good hunny. This is done. How's the toast?" He asks changing the subject.
"How much you want? I got six slices done already." I say putting jam on the last one.
"That should be good, babe. Let's dish it up and chow down." He says smiling at me
♠ ♠ ♠
SO SORRY GUYS!! I was on vacation shortly after my last post and totally forgot about updating on the trip!! It's a little bit of a filler but I hope you enjoy it!!!!