Status: Active! My first story so tell me what you think!

Change of Perspective

Chapter 22: You've got the medicine I need

**Aliana’s POV**
Vinnie still insisted on sleeping on floor because of my mom. I need to tell her I have a boyfriend that way he doesn’t have to hide all the time. Jess is secretly guiding/texting me on basically, how to seduce Vincent. Half I time I laugh at her because I can’t ever imagine myself like that. Plus, I don’t think Vincent is as submissive as Zane. So me taking charge during that—intimate time won’t happen or won’t happen that long.
“Ali! I am home sweetie!” My mom shocks me out of my thoughts.
I look at Vincent and he’s already up shoving stuff in the closet. He gives me a sweet little peck before he hops out the window. I know he will be waiting in his Miata down the street. I send him a text before I go face my momma bear.
Me: Hey I am going to tell her about you. Don’t worry she should be fine.
Vincent: Let me do some praying to any and all gods.
Me: It will be fine, stop worrying.
I get up and head to my mom’s room where she’s already in her pj’s.
“Hey baby! How are you?!” My mom asks a little too perky.
“I’m good I suppose. What’s up with you?” I ask trying to figure my bubbly mother out.
“Alan asked me out on a real date!” she jumps up and down.
“I thought you already had one?” I ask smiling. She’s so happy.
“Well it was last minute on his part and I was in my work clothes so he promised a better date which just so happens to be tonight. What should I wear!?” She exclaims
I smile at her exuberance. I haven’t seen her this happy in…I haven’t seen her this happy ever.
“What do you think of this dress? Too ho-ho or just enough?” She asks holding up a red dress, which she bought for her anniversary with dad but never got to wear.
“I think it’s perfect. You’ll knock him dead.” I say smiling, knowing that I still have to tell her.
She twirls around with the dress pressed to her.
“Hey momma?” I say apprehensively
“What’s up suga’?” She says digging through her shoes.
“I need to tell you something, can you sit down beside me?” I ask knowing she needed to sit down for this one.
“Uh-oh what happened? Did you beat the shit out of that girl again? It’s probably better I don’t the details. That way I can come up with an alibi.” She says planning my trial.
“Umm…No, it has to do with a boy.” I say
She slams down on the bed.
“Go on.” She says emotionless. Her once happy face was dead serious now.
Oh boy.
“Well you know my new friends, right?” I continue.
“Yes, the ones that are richer than hell.” She says wanting more info
“Well, I really liked one of the boys… and he likes me.” I say sheepishly.
Silence. So I continue looking at my bare feet.
“So we started dating a little while ago and I want you to meet him here soon.” I say glancing through my messy hair to see her reaction.
“Well… I can’t say that I didn’t know.” She says smiling.
I snap up to look at her in shock.
“What? You have been dancing around here all happy and giddy for weeks. I figured that it had something to do with a boy. So I need to meet him like ASAP.” She says getting up.
“Well he is outside now…” I say twirling my hair.
“Well go get dressed and have him come in. I need to get re-dressed.” She sighs.
I do as told and text Vincent.
Me: We are a go. Make a lap and come back.
I hear the Miata fire up and rev off. I get dressed the dress Vincent chose at Torrid. It’s a retro style of dress with a more conservative top with a small V-neck. A knee length, billowy skirt and a different kind of stripe design on it from the top. I go into my mom’s room to see if she has any cute flats.
“Hey ma…” I start to say.
“OH MY SWEET LITTLE BABY JESUS!” She interrupts me, “You are in a dress?”
“He bought it for me.” I say as I play with the skirt. Blushing like an idiot.
Mom smiles wide. “I am guessing you need shoes.” She heads into her abyss called a closet.
She comes out with three pairs. A pair of pumps, flats, and wedges.
“I am thinking the flats because I have never seen you in heels.” She suggests, “But I would love to see you in the wedges because it would really complete the look.”
“Let’s try flats this time, the next time we’ll do height.” I laugh and grab the flats.
Putting them on as I walk down the hallway to the bathroom. I finally get there and quickly throw up my hair in a quick bun, trying to keep my ‘look’ classy. I manage something close and run to grab the door before my mama. She laughs and bumps me out of the way. But I don’t move very far and booty bump her back sending her flying to the wall. Both of us are laughing hysterically and I get the door.
**Vincent POV**
Aliana opens the door all smiles. That’s a good sign. Her mom must have taken the news of me well enough. Then I realize what Ali is wearing. The dress I chose. And it looked just as spectacular as I thought it would on her. It showed off every curve just right and showed the weight she had lost unintentionally. I am so caught up in Ali’s appearance, I don’t see the fiery red head eyeing me.
“So you must be the boy, my daughter has been so wrapped up in.” A firm but joking voice says.
I switch my attention to her mother. Small frame with a little extras here and there but I do see where Aliana gets her looks from. She shares the same jawline and chin as well as that cute, slightly upturned nose.
“Vincent Gracian, ma’am.” I say holding out my hand for a handshake.
“Oooo. That accent, very nice to meet you, Vincent. I am Sherrilyn.” She replies laughing.
She motions for all us to sit. We do and I sit next to Aliana. She blushes and acts very shy.
“So how long has this been going on?” Ms. Sherrilyn gestures to me and Aliana.
“To be honest Ms. Sherrilyn, I have been under the spell of your daughter since the day we met.” I say leaving out the supernatural stuff.
Aliana shifts next to me, blushing more I can imagine. I feel her anxiety.
“What are your intentions with my baby, Vincent? If you know Aliana well enough you must know what kind of record we have.” She says her voice dropping down an octave.
“Well I do know about her biological father and I want to personally rip out his heart for it. I would never harm your daughter, ma’am. She is number one to me. No one else comes before her.” I hesitate before saying the last part, “I love Aliana, with my entire heart.”
Sherrilyn raises a surprised eyebrow. I feel Aliana’s heart quicken. She wasn’t expected that.
“Love is a strong word.” Sherrilyn says looking me dead in the eyes.
“And should never be said in less it is truly felt.” I reply grabbing Aliana’s hand from twisting at the hem of her dress.
Sherrilyn looks me over and glances at Aliana who is so frightened she’s about to cry. I wrap my arm around her and pull her close.
“Well, I can’t say that I am completely convinced, but you seem to own up to what you say.” Sherrilyn says breaking the silence.
“Actions speak louder than word.” Aliana speaks quietly.
“They do baby. Do you feel the same about Vincent?” Her mother asks in a hushed tone.
“I do, momma. He cares beyond what you can imagine.” Aliana says hinting at what we both know we could never tell her mom.
“Time will tell. Lunch anyone?” Sherrilyn says getting up to go to the kitchen.
“I actually was coming to take Aliana to a family BBQ, if that’s alright? “ Vincent looks to my mom for permission.
“Of course. We all will have to get together sometime.” My mom says thrilled.
“Well we better head out. I love ya momma.” Aliana says going over to her for a hug.
“I really like him. Good kid.” She whispers to Aliana, thinking that I couldn’t hear her and gives me a wink when we pull back from our hug.
“Have fun kids. Besides I gotta go land me a man!” Mom says laughing ridiculously hard.
Aliana shakes her head at her mom’s antics and I just smile.
**Aliana’s POV**
We head to the car and drive off.
“How come I didn’t know about this BBQ?” I wonder out loud.
“Well it was a surprise to us all actually. My dad is home.” Vincent explains, turning on to the gravel road.
My stomach drops. His dad is home…
“Hey, you will be fine, hunny. Don’t be nervous he will love you. Okay?” Vincent says taking my hand and squeezing it.
I squeeze back feeling not so sure about his words. Vincent says no more and shifts up. My thoughts wonder. What if papa bear hates me? Will Vincent defy his dad? I mean I think he would choose his heart over what someone says but this is his family.
Before too long, we arrived and the entire family is out on the lawn. Including a man in a black suit with black slicked back hair. He was strikingly handsome and looked at his family with loving eyes but a stern expression. I get out of the car and wait for Vincent to come around to me. I cling onto him for extra strength.
‘Sister, do not fear daddy. He forever has a scowl on his face.’ I hear Luna’s little voice say to me.
We approach Mr. Gracian and he narrows his eyes on me. Oh god he already hates me.
“You must be the wonderful Aliana, I have heard so much about. It is a pleasure.” He says extending his hand for a shake.
I reach my shakey hand out and take his cold hand. He bends just enough to kiss the top of my hand.
“Its—it’s a pleasure to meet you sir.” I stutter out.
“Please call me Calen. We will be family here soon, if I am informed correctly.” Calen says with a think was a smirk.
“Dad…” Vincent says with a warning tone.
“What? I didn’t say anything inappropriate.” He says his eyebrows raising.
“My love, why don’t we leave that subject for another time. Let us enjoy this time with our family. Come my children, Matt is done with the food!” Mrs. Gracian says sweeping in and saving the day.
“Ok sweeting, come with me Aliana. I am eager to know you.” Calen gives me his arm.
I look at Vincent who was glaring at his dad. I took Calen’s arm and he sweeps me off.
“So how old are you, little one?” He asks me
“I’m 18. About to graduate, actually.” I reply nervous I’m going to trip and fall on my face.
“Marvelous. Do plan on college?” He interrogates
“Actually no, I haven’t.” I know this one isn’t going fly.
“That’s ok. I, myself did not go. I jumped right into the workforce. You should not be embarrassed to not be sure of what you want to do in the future. Many people believe that college is the only way in this world. I tell it is not.” He rants a little. My stomach calms a little.
“So, what are your hobbies, dear?” He questions again.
“I like to draw and paint. I like to read.” I reply honestly
“Anything else, surely you do other things.” He says shortly. Damn. I see where Vincent gets it.
“Not really, I work quite a bit. I’m trying to earn enough money to fix my project car.” I say defensively.
“Oh a working woman. That is good. What car do you have?” He asks full of interest now.
“A 74 Monte Carlo. Going to put in a big block.” I say casually.
“I would love to see it! I have always had a passion for American muscle cars.” He smiles at me.
Holy shit… He smiled.
“Here you are, little one. I will leave you to eat.” Calen pulls out my chair for me and then joins the Mrs. In the house.
Everyone is dead silent and staring at me.
“How did you do that?” Cassie asks me.
“Do what?” I’m so confused.
“Dad smiled. I mean like teeth showing smile.” Ronnie says with his eyes big.
“That’s a good thing?” I’m perplexed.
“That is what we want, hunny bunny. He likes you.” Vincent says sitting next to me. He leans over and gives me a quick kiss.
“Let’s eat!!” Jess yells.
Everyone digs in and I scarf down two brats and a chicken breast along with side of mac and cheese. Ronnie starts making fun of me and so I threw my plastic knife at him, hitting him right in the eye. Everyone but Ronnie laughed.
“Teaches you right for trying to make fun of her.” Vincent says laughing.
He slings his arm around my shoulders and kisses the top of my head. He is the perfect kind of medicine. Lifts me up when I’m down and brings me back to earth when I fly too high. I love him. Oh how I love him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Number two only in a couple hours! Enjoy! As always lots of love and leave some feedback!