Status: Active! My first story so tell me what you think!

Change of Perspective

Chapter Seven: The Truth

***Aliana's POV***

Zane chased after Vincent. I tried to call him back but he kept walking. His head hanging down, he went down the stairs and to the locker room. Jess jogged over to me. I felt as if my heart was ripped out and he had it with him.

"You ok? That was one hell of a first kiss!" Jess asks excitedly. Her eyes were huge and her own lips were a little pink.
" I think so.." I whisper staring after Vincent who had disappeared from view. Cassie was now talking to Zane on the main floor. She looked up at me in disbelief and concern, then headed to the locker rooms.
"Com'on we better head down. Cassie is gonna want some answers." Jess says taking my arm in hers leading me down the staircase.

We go into the locker rooms, my thoughts are on Vincent and his big secret. The secret I guess has to do with the whole family because Cassie wasn't even to be found in the locker rooms.

"Did Zane say something about a secret?" I ask Jess, trying judge how much she knew.
"Yeah he said that Vincent, you, me ,and him needed to talk about something important. Vincent said something to you?" she asks looking a little worried.
"Yeah.." I say changing my clothes.
We stay silent until we get out to the busy hallway.
"Hey, Ali. I need to tell you something too." Jess says looking at the ground.
"Umm, sure Jess. You know you can tell me anything." I reply putting my arm around her shoulders trying to relax her.
"Can we just go out to the car for study hall, then?" He says in a hurry.
"Uhh, yeah sure." I say beginning to be unsure about everything.

We rush through the crowded hallway and out the front doors. We made our way to Estavan the Escort. About halfway there, the suspense was killing me.

"What are ya gonna tell me, Jessie?" I ask impatiently.
She looks around and tells me, "You can't say a word to anyone. You hear me? This a secret you take to the grave."
"Ok,ok. Just tell me what's up with you?" I say anxious. Did she kill someone or something?
"I should've told you long time ago. But- Gosh why is this so hard?!" She sputters out
"Just tell me, Jess!" I say getting irritated.
"I'M A FLIPPIN' WITCH OK!!!" she yells.
I look at her dumbfounded.
"Remember when Jake was pulling on your pigtails in the 7th grade and then he spontaneously shit himself? Yeah, that was all me." She says guiltily, "I'm a good one though, kinda like Glinda only a hell of a lot more powerful."
"You are kidding me." I say still looking like someone showed me the real Easter bunny.
"I am not. My mother and I both witches followers of the Lady goddess. We are kinda like wiccans I guess. If you really want a comparison." She continues on
"Show me something." I say wanting proof.
"What do you want to see?" she asks smiling at me.
I think long and hard. I see a dying rose bush on the other side of the road.
"That rose bush, revive it." I say hoping that everything she said was fake.
"Too easy, chica!" She says. She barely lifted her hand at the bush and I could see the rose blossoms turn back into reds and pinks
"Holy shit!" I yell.
"Would like to see something else?" She asks excitedly, "here watch this!"
I see her concentrate her eyes on my wrist. Then I feel a burning sensation. I look down to see script work being materialized on my wrist. It said "Ad Finem Fidelis" meaning faithful to the end. It was something I had been wanting to get done and I told Jess only a few weeks ago.
"Holy shit." I say a little quieter admiring the script now forever on my skin.
"Yeah. Do you believe me now?" She say smiling cockily.
"How can I deny it?" I say still in disbelief, " Why didn't you tell me sooner?"
"I was scared. Everyone has had a bad view on all witches. I thought it was better I waited." She said getting in the car.
I followed her lead, "So why now?"
"I don't know. I just figured since we were about to find out the guys secret, I needed to tell you mine first." She shrugged and started the car.
"What do you think they are going to tell us?" I ask, eyes big and hoping it wasn't something magical.
"Well whatever it is. I know they aren't human. Well not completely human." She says pulling out of the parking spot.
"Why do you say that?" I panic
"All of their auras are weird. Blackish with some different colors swirling in it. Vincent's is just black."
she says rather bluntly
"Great. What do you think they are?" I ask my panic rising to a high level.
"Don't stress, hun. Something tells me they will be the last one's to hurt us." She says giving me a reassuring look

I wasn't convinced. My mind went back and forth with possibilities. Demons, evil clowns, ghosts, werewolves, shapeshifters. What could they be? Jess had turned up her radio and we listened to Icon for Hire's "The Grey". I pressed my head to the window. Seriously, why me God? First my father leaves, my friend is a witch, and now my first love interest is some kind of mystical creature. Jess wasn't a bad thing, I actually could get used to it. But if there was evil witches, what else could there be. It wasn't till we were driving for about 15 minutes did I ask where we were going.

"To the Karlov mansion. We are going to figure this out. Don't worry, I'm here no one will hurt you." She smiles and tries to reassure me again.
"Great.. Thanks for my new tattoo by the way." I say rubbing it
"Oh no biggies! I know you loved that quote and thought it would be a good idea to do as your ' welcome to the paranormal community' present." She laughs trying to make light of the idea.
"Well thank you again. I guess we are here." I say, seeing the monstrosity of a house.

We pull up the driveway to the mansion. That looked like it was under some renovations. They really had it looking good. Jessie stops the car and parks it by a 70' Dodge charger in crazy purple. I practically drool upon seeing it. Jess laughs and me and drags me away from the classic. We head up to the huge front door. Jessie wraps her small hand on the dragon knocker and bangs on the door. No sooner than she knocked, a man who was a dead ringer for M. Shadows answers.

"Hi there." says the impersonator
"Hi, we are here to see Zane and Vinnie?" Jess says but it comes out more like a question.
"Oh. Come on in, we have been expecting you." the impersonator says motioning for us to come in.
" Has anyone told you, that you look almost exactly like M. Shadows from Avenged Sevenfold?" Jess says smiling
"Yeah. I love that band, heh. Obviously, too much." the guy laughs.
"What's your name again?" Jess asks knowing the answer. This had to be the eldest brother, Matt. How ironic?
"Matt. Hahah!" Matt laughs hysterically.
Jess laughs with him. I inspect my surroundings.

There was a spiral staircase to the right of the front door. To the left, there was what I guessed the parlor. It was furnished with Victorian style of furniture. The floor was a dark wood and it was really beautiful place. My head snaps toward the stairs when I hear to sets of footsteps coming down. It was Zane and Vincent. Jess smiles at them, waving at them. Vincent looked directly at me ignoring Jess and everyone else completely.

"Why don't you guys stay here in the parlor to talk. I will corral the rest upstairs." Matt says leaving us down here with the two guys.
Once he was gone Zane took Jessie's hand and lead her to a couch. I followed sitting beside Jess. Vincent sat in a chair that was across from me. His eyes never leaving me.

"Well before we begin, I guess I should ask if you two believe in the paranormal?" Zane starts out.
"I'm a witch, sweetie. Ali, just found out today." Jess says sweetly.
I see Vincent curl his lip in disgust.
"I'm a good one, Vinnie. And we need to fix your attitude on witches, mister." Jess says shaking her finger at him.
"Really?! WOW! Okay, well this became a little easier to explain," Zane sighs, running a hand through his hair, " Well our family is, basically, vampires."
Great. Its just vampires. No worries there.
"The Greek myth of Selene the moon goddess, you might be familiar with Jess." Vincent speaks up, "Selene was a worshiper of Apollo for a time but she had a lover named Ambrogio. For this Apollo cursed Ambrogio essentially creating the first vampire. Seeking refuge Selene and Ambrogio went to Artemis. She provided this under the condition that Selene and Ambrogio never touched each other. Ambrogio being a vampire was immortal, he never aged but Selene did. On her death bed Artemis told Ambrogio to drink from Selene and then he would be able to create children. He did this and was from then on able to change humans to vampires. But with each vampire created a mate for him or her had to created, for their sanity. The vampire would know if he came into contact with his mate because of a instinct instilled in them. The mate would also feel this feeling."
There was silence.
"So are you saying, we are you guys' mates?" Jessie breaks the silence.
"Yes. But the mate has the final say. If they choose to go on their way without the Vampire they can. But they have to decide within a month. " Vincent explains further.
"What happens to the vampire, then?" I ask quietly
Looking at me with a stone cold face, Vincent says "The vampire slowly goes insane and eventually dies."
No pressure. You are just someone's soul mate and your decision can kill someone.

I couldn't take the pressure any longer and I ran. I ran out the front door. Jess and Zane calling for me to come back. I kept running. I saw the woods surrounding the mansion and made a run for their protection.
♠ ♠ ♠
So?? Vampires and witches oh my!!! How will Aliana cope with this?!

BTW! I posted some bios on some of the characters, giving you some clue on what they look like and some of their likes!!!