I'm Just a Reject.

Quatre.

Maisie rang Sam once she was in the safety of her baby blue jeep.

“Hey I’m on my way to the pub, do you need a lift?”

“Oh uh no. I’ll see you there. Usual table yeah?” Sam asked, seemly quite distracted with something.

Maisie tried to brushed it off after hanging up on the boy but she couldn't shake the feeling that something was different. As she set off in the direction of the pub, she brainstormed the possible outcomes of the evening. There was no way it was a surprise party for her since her birthday wasn't for another few months. Maisie mused the possibility that Sam was bring a new lady friend, despite Maisie not having seen or even heard of a new girl in her best friends life that seemed like the most possible reason for his recent distance. Satisfied with her brainstorms outcome, Maisie allowed her mind to clear as her hair whipped in the wind - she had taken the plastic roof off the jeep since it was starting to warm up quite considerably.

The ride to the pub was short and familiar - since Maisie and Sam had inhabited that pub since long before either of them had turned the legal drinking age of 18.

Maisie already knew where Sam would be sat before she even entered the pub so upon entry her feet subconsciously carried her to their usual booth in the dark corner of the large space.

However, this meant that Maisie wasn't necessarily concentrating on looking where she was going, so when she slid into her usual side of the booth she didn't expect to be face to face with a particular brunette she’d sworn to never see again in her life.

The girl smiled timidly from across the table, an action which Maisie did not reciprocate.
“Where Sam?” She asked, looking anywhere but at the girl.

“He just went to the loo. Look Mais-”

“Don’t call me that” Maisie interrupted, already tired of the girl.

“Oh don't you like being called that anymore? Because I heard Sam call you that and I just figured you did” Maisie rolled her eyes pointedly at the girls rambling.

“No, Sam calls me that. My friends call me that. Since you are not even remotely my friend you do not have the right to call me that anymore.” Maisie began sliding out of the booth. “Now since Sam is clearly trying to test my limits, I’m leaving”

“No you’re not” Sam called from behind her, wiping his wet hands on his blue skinny jeans.

Maisie glared up at the boy. “Yeah actually, I think I am” She stormed past him and made her way to the exit, clenching her fist to try and suppress her anger.

She didn't hear when Sam apologised for her attitude. Or when he came after her. Yelling her name in a less than happy tone.

She was blinded and deafened by her rage, storming past the group of boys that had just entered the pub.

Sam finally caught up with her just as she was ripping open the door of her jeep.

“What the hell was that?” He all but yelled in her face.

“I could ask you the same bloody thing” She asked, just as angry.

“You can’t go round treating people like shit Maisie! Did you stop to think about how rude you were being? To my girlfriend of all people!” He spat, taking a step backwards.

He expected her to blow up at him. She normally did - Sam and Maisie didn't fight very often but when they did it was a full blown screaming match that could last for hours - but she didn’t.

She just stood there. Her mouth was clamped shut and her eyes were roaming all over his face.

“Your what?” She finally whispered. Sam’s eyes widened as he realised what he’d said.

“I’m sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I really am Mais” He tried but Maisie was already getting into her car.

“Save it” She didn't even glance at him as she drove off. Sam stared at her retreating car for a few moments - his short brown hair whipping slightly in the wind.

He eventually went back inside, back to the booth where his girlfriend sat alone, waiting for his return.

“Sammy I’m so sorry, I didn't know she still hated me, I just figured she would have to have grown out of some stupid immature vendetta she has against me” Jordan pouted at him. “Are you going to sit down or do you want to go back to mine?”

Sam shook his head softly “Forget it, I should go check on her. Sorry, I’ll see you tomorrow”

“What?” She asked, standing up to her full 5’4” height.

“I said I’m to check on her, Jordan”

“Oh so you’re going to take her side - some random girl - over your girlfriend?” She raised her voice, not enough to draw attention but enough to make her point.

“She’s not some random girl” He sighed, finally looking the petite girl in the eyes.

“Why are you even going to check on her? Last I checked she was the one being all rude to me, not the other way around” She crossed her arms over her chest.

“Because what I said to her was pretty harsh and I shouldn't have said it”

Jordan rolled her eyes. “She’s a big girl she’ll get over it. But I on the other hand haven't seen you all week” She pulled Sam towards her by his shirt and kissed him passionately.

“Alright fine, I’ll check on her tomorrow” Sam said after they broke apart and dragged Jordan by her hand to her car.

She smiled smugly and rushed back to her house.

Maisie drove aimlessly for what felt like hours before she realised she had reached the park that lead to her usual bike trail. She cut the engine and stepped out of the baby blue jeep.

Grabbing her bag, Maisie walked over to the swing set and sat down before reading into the bag and pulling out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter.

She lit one and took a long drag, feeling slightly calmer.

Maisie could not believe Sam. Her best friend was dating that bitch and had just forgotten to even mention it to Maisie.

Jordan and Maisie’s relationship was an odd one.
They had been friends at one point, best friends even. Even before Maisie became friends with Sam, Jordan was her best friend.
They were always together, as if one couldn't function without the other.

It wasn't until year 8 (Maybe 9?) that everything changed.
They were both going through puberty and began fighting more than usual.

It all kicked off one day when Maisie found Jordan holding hands with what she considered her boyfriend at the time (pathetic, right? To lost a best friend over some pathetic boy but it was more than that.)

Maisie blew up and became immensely angry, yelling every curse she knew at the girl who by no means back down.

It blew up into a huge argument unlike all of their other ones. Suppressed feelings and emotions reached the surface and exploded out in one afternoon.

Normally, after a fight the pair would go a day or so without talking and then go running back to each other but not this time.

Maisie tried but Jordan refused to be friends with her anymore.

She started spreading rumours and gossip about Maisie and moved high up in the popularity ranks at school.

Obviously the whole thing was pretty pathetic but at the time, the 13 year old Maisie Fields felt like her whole world had come crashing down. She became much more dependant on Sam and soon gave up with Jordan.

But that didn't mean she didn't still hold a grudge against Jordan, oh no, Maisie could hold a grudge for years no matter how pathetic it was.

Maisie lost track of how many cigarettes she’s smoked or how long she’d spent on that swing until a pair of rather loud boys entered the park.

Maisie’s head snapped up immediately and tried to make out the approaching figures in the darkness, but could not make out a face or recognise either voices as their backs were towards the only source of light.

“Holy shit, Maisie?” One boy called out and stepped closer to her.

“Calum?” She croaked, her voice raw from the cigarettes and cold. She coughed and put out her last cigarette. “What are you doing here?”

“Out for a walk” The pair had finally come close enough for Maisie to not have to strain her eyes trying to see them.

Maisie raised her eyebrow at the boy. “Well uh Mike’s mum came home early so we had to go somewhere” He said, raising his left hand slightly to reveal a rather fat joint held against his palm. Maisie nodded her head in understanding. “You wanna join? There’s more than enough to go around”

Maisie looked to Mike, who nodded at the girl, before also nodding her head. “Sure, why not?”

Calum chuckled and lit the paper.

They smoked in silence for a few minutes, passing round the joint after each deep toke.

“So what brings you here?” Mike asked, piercing the bubble of silence they had created.

“Oh you know, just clearing my head” She replied.

A few more minutes later the blunt was finished and the three were sat giggling on the floor of the park, throwing the wood chips that surrounded the swing set at each other.

They stayed there for a while before Mikey yawned loudly.

“Do you guys wanna come back to mine? We can watch movies and shit?” Maisie offered, not wanting to be alone again just yet.

“Uh yeah sure, but can we pick up some food on the way?” Calum chuckled, remembering one time when he had gone round Maisie’s to find absolutely no junk food anywhere and proceeded to complain until Maisie agreed to go out and buy some for the boy.

Maisie chuckled at the memory. “Yeah sure”

Once the boys were armed with bags of crap, Maisie turned the ignition back on and drove to her house.

“Won’t your parents mind us being round so late?” Mikey questioned from the backseat.

Maisie shrugged “If they were home, maybe” . Mike took that as his queue to not ask anymore questions.

The Lion Kings end credits began playing but no one was paying attention the the screen anymore.

Mike - who had sprawled out over the long sofa - was asleep before the second moving even began playing, and was now snoring softly.

While Maisie had turned over to face Calum so they were no longer spooning and had began heatedly making out.

Calum’s hand moved underneath her t shirt and began exploring her exposed skin while Maisie’s lips travelled from his lips to his neck and down to his slightly exposed collar bone.

“Mm” He moaned. “Upstairs” Calum barely got the word out.

Maisie left a small kiss at Calum’s neck before holding on to his hand and pulling him in the direction of her bedroom.

He shut the door behind himself and pinned Maisie against it, returning to their kiss.

His hand grabbed her thigh and brought it around his waist. Maisie understood and jumped up to hook the other leg around the other side, with Calum’s hands holding her up as support.

He began walking over to the bed and dropped Maisie on her back, taking his top off before crawling on top of her.

Maisie’s jeans and top were quickly discarded, along with her bra and panties.

“Are you still on the pill?” Calum asked as he undid his own jeans. Maisie nodded hurriedly and soon they were in pure ecstasy with each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi this is short and crap and really late and I don't have a good reason for any of it.
I started writing this as soon as I posted the last chapter but I didn't like it and I kinda lost faith with it but I'm back (hopefully) with a kinda okay-is chapter.

So enjoy and please feel free to yell at me for being over a month late with this update.

Thanks for reading, love ya Image