This Cannot be Happening...

Chapter Eleven

Five Years Later

I was at the park with my two beautiful children, Autumn and David. "Hey Alaceya," I hear my best friend Emily say.

"Hey Emily," I tell her with a smile.

"So, how does it feel being away from you know who for exactly five years ago?" She asked me.

"It feels great. I still can't thank you and your mom enough for letting me live with you guys." I answer closing my eyes, letting the memory seep through my mind.

Memory

After I had ran away from Xavier, I went strait to my best friend Emily's place.

I knocked on her door, waiting frantically for the door to open. When it did, Emily's eyes went wide open, "Come on in," Emily told me letting me in. "Mom! Lacey's here!" Emily hollered.

Soon, I hear footsteps going down the stairs, and before I knew it, Emily's mom, Leana entered the living room.

"Oh Lacey, it's so good to see you again," She whispered hugging me.

I hugged her back. "It's good to see you too Leana. Can I ask you and Emily a huge favor?" I asked hesitantly.

"Of course dear," Leana answered.

I sighed and took a deep breath. "I ran away from Xavier, the boy who bought me, after we had a major fight about sending me away after the baby is born. I panicked because I didn't want my child to be around Xavier, so I was wondering if you would let me stay here until I'm eighteen or something," I tell her.

Leana's and Emily's eyes widened, "You're pregnant?" Emily asked.

I nod my head, "I'm three months pregnant."

"Of course you can stay here Lacey," Leana told me.

I smiled, "Thank you Leana."

"No problem," Leana responded.

I bite my lower lip before deciding to tell them what had happened to me, including the part where he abused me that one time because I was trying to get a miscarriage so I can protect the child.

Once I was done telling them, I asked them to call me by my full name, Alaceya..

End of Memory

"Mommy," I hear David speak.

I open my eyes, "Yes sweetie?"

"Can Autumn and I go to the zoo?" He asked, hope in his eyes.

I smile, "Hm... Let me think... Of course we can go to the zoo," I replied.

"YAY!" Autumn and David cheered.

"But first, we need to go home and have some lunch," I tell them.

"Ok," The children said at the same time.

I had just got dressed and was looking at myself in the mirror. My neck length light brown hair had grown to my lower back, I had put dark blond streaks into my hair so I would be less recognizable if I were to see Xavier or anyone else from where I use to live.

"Look mommy monkeys!" Autumn spoke making monkey sounds, making me laugh.

Xavier's POV

I was moping around the zoo, with Shannon trying to cheer me up. "Come on Xavier, we'll find her, and with her sister alive and well on our side she'll have to forgive you, especially since you were the one who gave her blood when she she was so close to death that her pulse was barely there, sure she became a vampire, but at least she's a live," Shannon spoke.

"What if we never find her though?" I asked.

"We will," She responded.
I was about to reply when I see a little girl looking frantically for someone. I began to walk over to the little girl, and when I got there, I said, "Hey, are you lost?"

The little girl's head shot up revealing her scared dark blue eyes. "Y-yes. I-I don't know where m-my mommy and twin brother is." She cried.

"Don't worry, we'll find her," I tell her with a smile on my face.

The little girl's face brightened up, "Thank you," She spoke.

"You're welcome, I'm Xavier, what's your name?"

"Autumn, my name is Autumn," Autumn replied.

I nod my head, "What's your mother's name and looks?" I asked.

"Her name is Alaceya, she has lower back light brown hair with dark blond streaks, and forest green eyes," Autumn responded.

I nod my head.

Autumn turned to Shannon, "Hi, what's your name?"

"My name is Shannon," She replied.

Alaceya's POV

I was frantic with fear. Where could Autumn have gone?

Suddenly, I hear her cry, "Mommy!"

David and I turn around. "Autumn!" David cried running over to his sister.

I followed David's lead and when I got to Autumn I went to my knees and gave my daughter a huge bear hug.

"Don't ever do that to me again, you hear me?" I tell her, worry in my voice.

"I won't mommy, I promise," Autumn whispered.

"Thank god you found her," I hear Emily's voice.

"Actually, she found us," David spoke, for I was too busy whispering soothing words to my crying daughter.

Soon Autumn's tears have stopped and she gently pulled away and turned to the man who looked awfully familiar.

"Thank you for bringing me back to my family Xavier," Autumn spoke.

Luckily I was looking down, or he would've saw the shock in my face.

"You're welcome sweetie," Xavier told her.

"There you guys are, I've been looking all over for you," I hear a female's voice.

"Sorry, we had to help Autumn here find her mother," Xavier replied.

The girl nods her head, "Oh, makes since," She told him.

Just then her eyes met mine. "Lacey?" The girl whispered, causing Xavier to look at me.

Confusion fills my face, "Mommy, who's Lacey?" David asked.

"I don't know," I say slowly.

'How did she know my nickname? And how did she know that was me?' I thought.

"Mommy, are feeling you ok?" Autumn asked me.

I turn so I was looking at Autumn, "Yes sweetie I'm ok," I tell her.

"Alaceya," Emily spoke with the tell her the truth tone.

Shock fills the girl's face.

I turn to Emily, "I am," I lie again.

Emily gave me her, 'I don't believe you' look.

"Ok fine, I'm feeling a migraine coming." I tell her.

"Since when do you go by your full name Lace?" The girl asked.

My head jerked up a little bit, "What did you just call me?" I asked.

"Lace, or do you not want me to call you that anymore?" She asked.

I open my mouth, but then I close it again. 'She can't be Renee, she's dead.' I thought.

"Mommy? What does she mean by what she just said?" David asked.

"And why does she look like you?" Autumn asked.

"Huh?" David spoke looking at the girl.

"Hey, she looks like David's and my Auntie Rene, you know the girl in that photo with you," Autumn spoke.

I saw the realization in Xavier's face, and knew for a fact that he knew who I was.