This Cannot be Happening...

Chapter Nine

It's been a month and a half since Xavier abused me, and he haven't laid a hand on my since. I don't talk to him. At all. He tries to talk to me, but I don't answer, except the few times I see him getting angry, but still.

My fear for him prevents me from going to the gym, so I stayed locked up in the bathroom when he comes in his room. I'm three months pregnant now and I'm starting to show a little.

I growled as I looked at my half naked body. I so did not want Xavier's baby, and I still hate the fact that I'm pregnant. And despite the fact that Xavier practically told me to care for this child, I'm still following my decision to stop providing this child for it's needs. Xavier is the one who wanted this child, not me.

"Lacey," I hear Xavier's voice through the bathroom door.

I didn't want to answer it, but I was too scared not to, so I walked to the door and opened it. "Come on, it's time for school," He tells me.

I nod and follow him to his first class.

Xavier told me that we will share the pregnancy news next month, which would be this month, considering that was last month he told me, so I'm expecting him to have an assembly about my stupid pregnancy.

~0~

I was walking to the 'vampire' gym with Xavier. We were going to tell them about my pregnancy, and I was scared to death, but I refused to show it, I'm not about to let the whole school know how scared I am.

"Hello, thank you for coming on such short notice, it's just that Lacey and I have great news." Xavier spoke.

"Don't you mean you have some great news?" I muttered, causing confused looks across the whole school.

Xavier sighed, "Lacey don't." He spoke.

I could tell that agitated him and I looked down, hiding the fear that I know would be sitting in my eyes.

"Well, anyways, Lacey is two months pregnant today. Well that's all I wanted to share so thank you for coming," Xavier spoke as he began to walk away, but someone shouted, "I have a question for Lacey!"

Xavier stopped walking and said, "Alright go ahead,"

"Why did you say that Xavier had great news about the baby? Are you not excited?"

I decided to answer truthfully, "No I'm not excited, I didn't even want to keep it, but Xavier here said I have too."

"Lacey, quit calling the baby an it." Xavier warned.

I glared at him, but quickly stopped and looked away from him and to the wall behind us.

Xavier sighed, "Come on Lacey," He told me walking out, which I followed.

When we go to his room he shuts the door a little to hard, causing me to flinch. I quickly made my way to the bathroom, but Xavier had me by my arm. A whimper escaped my lips.

"Why do you insist on calling our child an it?" He asked, his tone telling me to tell the truth.

"You already know why. I don't want it, I never wanted it, and never will want it." I tell him.

"Lacey, you need to start trying to love that child, he or she will be needing his or her mother.

"Well let me give it to someone who will be its mother," I growled at him.

"No. I will not let you give up our child." Xavier growled back squeezing my arm a little

"I know that Xavier, and the child will grow up knowing that its mother want's nothing to do with it, that its mother never wanted it, all because you are too damn selfish to let me give up a child I don't love." I spoke, forgetting about how he abused me for a few seconds.

Anger flash through Xavier's eyes as he pushed me against a wall. Hard.

"I'm the selfish one? I'm not the one who isn't willing to love their own child, I'm not the one who tried to get a miscarriage because I don't love the the person who created it. Well newsflash Lacey, I'm not the selfish one here, you are. I tried to connect with you, I tried to be nice to you by giving you three warnings when I didn't have to. You didn't even try to to get along with me Lacey,, so don't call me selfish when I'm not!" Xavier practically yelled as he grabbed my shoulders.

"If you think I'm selfish, send me back to that orphanage and be done with me." I growled trying to hide my fear.

"I might just do that. After the child is born that is." Xavier said pushing me to the floor and storming out of the room.

'Or I could just leave right now.' I thought as I go to the window. 'It's only one story high and there was no one about, I can easily climb down and leave. So that way I can give this child up for adoption and spare him or her the possible abuse from the child's father.' Shock filled my face as I realized I didn't call the baby an it.

I sighed, 'I don't hate this child, I might even love this child. The only reason I didn't want this child is because I didn't want him or her to have a father like Xavier.' I thought.

Taking a deep breath and wrote a note to Shannon. Knowing she's at the gym, I hurried to her room slid the letter under her door, quickly went back to my room, went to my closet and grabbed my non-uniform outfit that Shannon gave me.

After I put it on, I open the window and climbed down.

'Now all I have to do is get out of here.' I thought.