Status: Finished! Finally!

Too Late?

The end!

You didn't know how long you were at her bed-side. Hours, maybe. You'd lost track. Not knowing what you'd say to her when she awoke (because she WOULD wake up) you waited in endless anticipation of the moment.

In the meantime, with nothing else to do, you watched as she slept. You noted with amusement that even asleep she couldn't keep still. She was always kicking her feet, or tapping her fingers, or cuddling into her pillow. And she couldn't stay quit, either. Any time she breathed out, she murmured something, and sometimes, (you saw with surprise) it was your name she whispered.

Of course, you knew (your name) didn't feel anything past pale for you. You, on the other hand, couldn't help but feel full on red for the human girl. She was radiant, you thought looking over her. You loved the way her eyelids fluttered in her sleep, casting shadows onto her cheek bones. You loved her (skin color) skin and the way it just barely shone in the light, if you looked closely. You loved the way her (hair length) (hair color) hair water falled down around her and the way she said your name. You loved everything about her. You just couldn't help it. But, God, you were angry at yourself for not noticing this before! You were just too damn busy with playing video games, or pretending to be the leader, making sure your team mates were okay. But the only one that wasn't was the one you'd never even considered as not being okay! And she was your moirial! This is all your fault. You all but cut her yourself.

With out really thinking about what you were doing, you reached up and gently stroked her cheek, jerking back in shock when her (eye color) orbs shot open at your touch. "(y-y-your name)!" you stuttered, shocked and a little annoyed that all it took to wake her up was a tiny little touch and you'd been sitting there for hours on end.

"Hey, Kitten." she yawn, wrapping the sheets around herself as she sat up. "Were you watching me sleep?" She giggled.

"I-NO! WELL, OKAY, *YES*, BUT I WAS MAKING SURE YOU WERE OKAY!" You stuttered, "I MEAN, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, (y/n)? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO YOURSELF? AND ANOTHER THING! RIGHT NOW A TWIG HAS MORE BODY MASS THAN YOU DO!HAVE YOU BEEN EATING? DO YOU EVEN REMEMBER WHAT FOOD LOOKS LIKE?"

//your POV//

Tears gather in your eyes through his rant, but you ignore them. You should know better by now than to actually take anything Kit Kat says seriously. "Of course I remember what food looks like." You scoff, "Sollux has been shoving it down my throat everyday. And as for what I was thinking, it wasn't anything I wasn't right about."

Karkat scowled, adorably confused, "What do you mean? What were you thinking?" he said quietly.

You take a deep breath. You did not want to tell him this. But you were moirials, so if you didn't you felt like that would be breaking the understood contract. So you did your best. "I was thinking that there was no way in hell you'd like someone so stupid, worthless, ugly, annoying and pathetic as I am. And I was right. You're in love with Terezi, still. I should've known! Just because you say there's nothing going on between you, doesn't actually mean that." You say bitterly, scowling down at your mess of sheets.

"There IS nothing going on between Terezi and I! Why the fuck do you think there is? You know how much she hurt me!"

You meet his eyes at that, angry he's still lying to you. "Really? So when I saw you and her kissing, that was nothing? Look, Kit Kat, I wouldn't mind if something was going on, just don't lie to me!"

Realization shone in his golden orbs. "Oh, you mean when she assaulted me earlier today?"

"Assaulted?" It was your turn to be confused.

"YEAH. ASSAULTED. SHE COMES INTO MY ROOM (a/n I can't remember what the trolls call it, I'm so sorry!) AND SITS ON MY BED, AND KISSES ME! JUST LIKE THAT! I WAS SO SHOCKED, THAT I LET HER, AT FIRST, THEN I STARTED YELLING, BUT SHE LEFT BEFORE I COULD FINISH- WAIT. DID YOU SAY THAT THERE'S NO WAY I'D LIKE YOU? AS IN, YOU LIKE ME? LIKE, FLUSHED, LIKE?'

Blushing, you tucked a strand of hair behind your ear, looking down again. "Yeah. I'm red for you, Kitty." you felt a bit more confident now that you know that he doesn't like Terezi. Not that she isn't a sweet girl, or anything.

Suddenly, you felt a hand under your chin force you to look up, which you complied with. Next thing you know, Karkat's lips are on yours, passionately kissing you. After a full second of shock, you returned the kiss, pouring all the emotions into it that you'd felt today, the hope, the practically rejection, the dejection, and finally, the love you feel for him.

You pout a bit when he pulls away for air. "Red for you too, (Your name)."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, so not as long as I'd hoped it would be, but finished nonetheless! So, um, if you really liked this .... thing, for lack of better word (doesn't really qualify as a story), if you want more, you can request a character, and i'll be happy to make a version of this with them for you! I think I'm going to do Sollux next, thought, if you don't mind. Thanks for reading, sorry for ooc-ness, and typos! <3