‹ Prequel: Will You Stand by Me?
Status: Complete!

Full Circle

Chapter 11

“Corey! You cheated,” Sam yelled, throwing her cookie at Corey.

Corey laughed and picked the cookie up off the floor.

“Five second rule,” he said, popping the cookie into his mouth.

“I’m not playing the cookie game with you again. You are a cheater,” said Samantha, pouring a bag of M&M’s into a bowl and setting it on the kitchen counter. It was Thriller Thursday and Samantha was preparing snacks before Matt arrived. Corey had just arrived back from San Francisco and stopped by to see her.

“Aw, c’mon baby,” said Corey, wrapping his arms around Sam’s waist.

Samantha turned around to face him and poked his nose.

“Are you trying to suck up to me?” she asked.

“Maybe.” He kissed along her jawline and worked his way up to her lips.

“It’s working,” she said between kisses.

Corey pecked her lips one last time, “Good. I should get going. I need some sleep.”

“But you just got here,” said Sam, following him out the door.

“I know, babe. Maybe I’ll come back later tonight,” he whispered and kissed her neck lovingly.

“Um, maybe I should come back later.” Sam and Corey pulled away to see Matt standing at the bottom of the porch steps.

“No, it’s cool. I was just leaving. Bye, Samantha.” Corey kissed her cheek and left.

“How long were you standing there?” asked Sam.

“Far to long for my liking,” said Matt, walking into her house.

It’s been a few days since Matt and Sam confessed their feelings. They’ve decided, despite their love for each other, to focus on their friendship. It’s the only way they can be together without actually being in a relationship. Samantha shut the door behind him and then went to the kitchen to get the snacks while he put in the movie. She grabbed the bowl of M&M’s with one hand and the pack of Oreo cookies with the other. She sat the snacks on the table beside the soda pop.

“Sammy, have I told you how much I love you?” Matt asked, tearing into the pack of Oreos.

She laughed, “Yes, but today you only love me because I have Oreos.”

He groaned in satisfaction as he chewed on the cookie.

“Not true,” he said, wiping his hands on his shorts.

Samantha smiled and sat down beside him on the couch. She propped her feet up on the table and set the bowl of M&M’s on her lap. Matt did the same; he sat his backpack down on the floor, grabbed the pack of Oreo’s and propped his feet up on the table.

“Copy cat!” Sam taunted.

Matt rolled his eyes and continued to munch on his cookies. They watched A Nightmare On Elm Street, one of their favorite horror movies. When the movie ended, Samantha was sleeping on Matt’s chest. He turned off the DVD player with the remote and shook her gently.

“Sam, the movie is over.”

Samantha opened her eyes and looked up at him.

“I didn’t know I fell asleep,” she said, stretching.

Matt laughed, “Yeah, only you would fall asleep on a Freddy Krueger movie. You could’ve been killed.”

Samantha glared at him. He told her the exact same thing when they were 12 and she didn’t sleep for two days. “I’m not falling for that again.”

Matt laughed, “You stayed up for two fucking days.”

Sam rolled her eyes and grabbed the diet Pepsi that was sitting on the table.

“So, what have you been up to?” she asked.

“Nothing much. Anna has a doctors appointment tomorrow,” he said, leaning back with his hands behind his head. “Today the guys and I spent some time writing songs for the next album.”

“That’s exciting. Can I take a peak at one of your songs?” she asked.

Matt looked at her hesitantly for a few seconds before grabbing his backpack. He took out a thick notebook and flipped through the pages.

“I started a song a few months ago. It might go on the album but we’re not sure yet. So, I’ll let you read what I wrote so far.”

He found the page and handed the notebook to her.

“Country Rocker?” she asked, reading the title.

“Yeah, It’ll be country esque,” he said.

Samantha nodded and started to read the lyrics: Dear God, the only thing I ask of you is to hold her when I'm not around, when I'm much too far away. We all need that person who can be true to you but I left her when I found her and now I wish I'd stayed. 'Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired, I'm missing you again, oh no..once again

When she finished, she looked over at Matt. He smiled and took the notebook back.

“Do you like it? It’s about you,” he said, putting the notebook back into his bag.

Sam stared at him with her mouth agape. “You wrote a song about me?”

Matt smiled and pulled her to his side, draping his arm over her shoulders.

“Yep. Who else would it be about? Have you listened to Seize The Day? You kind of inspired that song too.”

Samantha has listened to Seize The Day, many times, but never thought whom it was written about. She knew how serious Matt was when it came to his music and for him to write about her meant he really loved her.

“I love that song, and the one you’re starting but most importantly, I love you,” she said, kissing his cheek.

Matt's face creased into a sly smile.

“If I write you another song, will you kiss me on the lips?” he whispered in her ear.

Samantha smirked.

“You don’t need to write another song for me to kiss you,” she said seductively.

She got up and straddled his lap. She grabbed on to his broad shoulders and rocked her hips forward to get closer to him. She could feel a bulge forming in his jeans as she trailed her nails lightly down his chest. She slowly inched closer to his face but stopped just before her lips met his.

“Oh! I forgot. I can’t kiss you, Sanders,” she snickered.

She hoped off of him and took her M&M bowl to the kitchen. Matt groaned loud and stood up from the couch.

“You are fucking evil, Samantha," he yelled, walking into the bathroom to fix his problem.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's a filter chapter. There is only a few chapters left of this story. The drama will return soon!