‹ Prequel: Finding Her Way

Gloria's Battle (On Hold)

Chapter One

I was extremely excited. Today is the first day of public school since I was thirteen years old.

You see, the day of my thirteenth birthday, I was surprised with Leukemia. Every since then, my parents, Mary and Max had me home-schooled.

"Gloria! Come on, we're going to be late!" Jason, my twin brother called.
"Coming!" I hollered back, grabbing my backpack and rushing down the steps.

So far, my day at school has been good. No one suspects I have cancer, which is extremely good. I'm just glad I convinced Jason and my parents to not let anyone know I have cancer, well except for the teachers but still.

"Hey, Gloria," I hear a boys' voice.
I turn to him and my eyes widen.
"London?" I asked.
London grinned.
I got out of my seat at the lunch table and hugged my first friend ever.
London hugged me back and said, "I missed you Gloria,"
"I missed you too London." I respond as I gently pulled back.

*Two Months Later*
I had just finished my homework when someone knocks on my door.
"Come in," I called.
The door opens and in walks London.
"You wanted to tell me something?" He asked
I nod my head, nerves spreading through my body.
Jason, my parent's, and my grandparents finally convinced me to tell London about my cancer.
I take a deep breath and said, "I know I should've told you this when I first saw you, but I was too scared to, heck, I'm still too scared to tell you, but my family had finally convinced me to tell you despite my fear."
I took another deep breath and continued. "I have Leukemia, had it for three years now."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, how'd you guys like this? Please be honest if you let me know, thanks