Kiss Me, Kiss Me

five.

Michael’s Point of View

‘It’s aliiiive.’ Ashton taunts as I walk into the front of the bus, ‘it’s two o’clock – why are we just now seeing you?’

‘I was up on the phone with McKenzie last night.’

‘Again?’ Luke questions taking his off of the game of FIFA they were playing.

‘Yes, again.’ I groan, ‘are you three going to make such a big deal about it every single time?’

‘Hey,’ Calum pauses the game and turns to me, ‘I haven’t even said anything!’

‘Just a precaution.’ I laugh rubbing my eyes.

‘Does she know that you’ll have to go straight back to Australia for the album?’

‘She knows,’ I nod, ‘It’s not like we’re together or anything.’

‘You want to be.’ Luke teases, ‘you’re just too big of a chicken.’

‘Shut up.’ I mutter throwing the pillow at him before going back to my bunk to get my phone.

Good morning Gordon (: - McKenzie.

It’s official – I am not telling you a single thing else about me because you keep making fun of me ): lol – Michael.

I’m sorry! I just like it aha – McKenzie.

Sure. I don’t believe you. – Michael.

I’m serious! It’s actually cute – McKenzie.

Not helping. – Michael.

Whatever Clifford (: - McKenzie

Are you going to work today? – Michael.

I’m off thank God. – McKenzie.

I think this calls for a Skype call later. – Michael.

I wouldn’t miss it. – McKenzie

Alright I’ll text you in a bit. – Michael.

Later! – McKenzie.

‘Why the stupid smile?’ Calum asks as I jump from my bunk.

‘I am going to see McKenzie later on.’

‘She’s flying out?’

‘No, on Skype.’ I shake my head, ‘it’s good enough for me.’

….

McKenzie’s Point of View

The day drags on as I wait for Michael to text back. We were set to Skype each other later. I was excited because I hadn’t actually seen his face since he left for the next show.

‘Kenzie!’ My mom calls out from the other room.

‘Yeah?’ I call back through the thin walls.

‘Come here a second. I really want to talk to you.’

I slightly groan and roll out of the bed. My mom was wearing a long black dress which was rare. Her dark hair was pulled out of her face into a ponytail. Tighter than usual. Makeup was splattered across her face. She looked good. Too good.

‘Where are you going?’

‘We are going out to celebrate. I just came back from a meeting.’

‘Meeting? What meeting?’

‘A meeting where I got paid.’ She pulls out a wad of cash from her purse, ‘paid pretty good.’

‘Well don’t let me die in suspense,’ I laugh, ‘who was it with?’

‘With TMZ.’

‘TMZ?’ I squint confused, ‘that sleazy place where they use celebrities to get by in life?’

‘That would be them.’

‘Wait why were you ther- mom, you didn’t.’ I gasp, ‘what did you tell them?!’

‘They just wanted to know a few things about you.’

‘What did you tell them?’ I demand again folding my arms across my chest.

‘I told them you were just a normal girl with the normal job and the normal life. I told them the funny story how you spilt your drink on him at the mall and he invited you to the show. Then just how you two have been inseparable ever since.’

‘How could you?!’ I shout at her, ‘that was private!’

‘I don’t get what the big deal is!’ she throws her hands in the air confused, ‘you know we could’ve used the money!’

‘I am not talking to him for the money!’ I hiss, ‘you had no right to do that!’

‘You’re being dramatic.’

‘We are not dating and you’ve just told the entire world that we were! Do you realize how disgusted I am by you right now?’

‘Kenz.’ She reaches her thin arm out and pull away.

‘There is nothing you can that will change how I feel about you right now.’

‘You don’t mean that.’

‘You have ruined everything.’ I go back down the narrow hallway and slam the door closed locking it behind it me.

Just a mere second later Michael was calling me via Skype. I click accept and wait for the screen to load. Michael appears with his bright green hair and a wide smile. He waves happily ruffling his hair. I wipe the tears from my eyes and plaster a smile on my face.

‘Hiii!’ he laughs readjusting his screen, ‘what are you up to?’

‘I’m currently trying to figure out my escape plan from this hellhole I call home.’

‘I offered you a trip with me,’ he reminds me with a playful smile, ‘do you want to talk about it?’

‘My mom had one of her desperate, stupid idea days.’

‘What happened?’

‘She went and talked to TMZ about you and me.’ I blurt before I could take back the words.

‘She did?’ Michael blinks several times, ‘shit – why?’

‘She felt that she needed to.’

‘I just don’t understand. I mean I’m not mad you told her but I’m wondering why would you if she would do this…’

‘I’m sorry. If I knew this is what she’d do I wouldn’t have I swear.’

‘I don’t blame you McKenzie.’ He sighs pinching the bridge of his nose, ‘what did she tell them?’

‘She basically told them all about me and how we met, she told them we talk frequently. She also implied that we were dating.’

‘Wow.’ He breathes, ‘don’t worry about it. I’ll handle it.’

‘You will?’

‘Yeah, of course. Like I said I’m not mad at you. It’s not your fault. Let’s just keep whatever this is between you and me, yeah?’

‘Sure.’ I agree tucking a loose hair behind my ear, ‘I am more than okay with that.’

‘I should warn you…’ he pauses to move the computer again, ‘the fans are going to assume things about you and I think it would only be fair that I should tell you that they can be a little-…’

‘Intense.’ I tease with a smile.

‘Passionate.’ He corrects me through his laugh, ‘just passionate.’

‘Thanks for the warning.’

‘Think of it more as a tip. The word warning sounds a bit threatening.’

‘Thanks for the tip.’ I rephrase lying down in the bed, ‘I’m sure it’ll be okay.’

‘Yeah.’ He says in an unconvincing voice.

Later that night I go onto Twitter to see that my name was trending, worldwide.