Kiss Me, Kiss Me

eight.

Michael’s Point of View

We were rehearsing for the upcoming tour every single day for the last two weeks. I was seeing less and less of McKenzie because of the doggy time schedules plus she was working at her own job. Celeste stands up from her clapping her hands together once we were finished with our set.

‘Sounding great boys.’ Celeste cheers walking onto the stage, ‘Michael I am really enjoying your hair. This whole purple thing is sick.’

‘Thanks.’ I cough looking around at the other boys as she stands just a few feet away from me.

‘Alright we all love Mikey’s hair, come on Celeste.’ Jonah extends his arm out to her, which she happily takes.

Jonah grabs Celeste into his arms and kisses her. I stare at Calum with wide eyes confused. I watch as they leave for the day before dropping my guitar.

‘Wait, so they’re together?’

‘Of course dumbass.’ Calum laughs fanning me off, ‘why?’

‘Did you not see her today?’

‘What about her?’ Ashton questions from the back of the stage.

‘Did anyone not see how she was practically on top of me?’

‘What are you saying?’ Luke raises an eyebrow joining in on the conversation.

‘I think she has a thing for me.’

Immediately all of the other guys start laughing at me shaking their heads. I groan annoyed and jumped off of the stage to get my things from the empty seat.

‘Aw come on Mikey,’ Ashton coughs walking to the edge of the stage, ‘she’s with Jonah so maybe you’re just overreacting.’

‘I am telling you what I know.’ I scoff grabbing my duffle bag, ‘I don’t care if you don’t believe me.’

‘You think every girl has a thing for you.’ Luke bends over with laughter along with Calum.

‘Every single girl.’

‘Fuck all of you.’ I grumble shoving the heavy door open.

The van ride home was long and exhausting. The driver finally pulls into the driveway and I jump out of the car.

‘Thanks Donnie.’

‘Later Mike.’

I go inside and pull my phone out dialing McKenzie. She doesn’t answer so I decide to preoccupy myself with a bit of FIFA. My phone dings so I instantly grab it up thinking it was McKenzie.

Can’t wait to tour together! – Celeste.

I delete the message then toss my phone aside not thinking about it a second longer.

McKenzie’s Point of View

I arrive at Earth Bound for another day at work to see Shelia taking all of her things down from her office.

‘What’s going on?’ I inquire dropping my purse and phone on the counter.

‘I got the management position at Body Central. I mean I know it’s not Forever 21 as I hoped but its better than this dump plus the pay’s better so I win.’ She flips her hair over her shoulder turning her back to me, ‘I need to get to orientation today so there’s a new manager in the stock room.’

‘New manager?’

‘Yes. Now, clock in before I have to dock your hours.’ She fans me off continuing to pack her things.

I do as I’m told and sign in onto the register for today’s shift. Before I know it a tall, dark haired, slim built guy walks from the back with a clipboard in his hands. He wore a simple white button up cuffed at his elbows with a pair of jeans. He runs a hand across his scruff staring down at the piece of paper in his hands.

‘Hello, you must be McKenzie.’ He speaks extending an impressively large hand out at me, ‘I’m Devin – your new manager.’

‘Hi, nice to meet you.’ I politely reply looking over at Shelia who was finishing up with her office.

‘It’s all yours.’ She hands him the keys to the store grabbing up her hot pink crate full of junk. ‘Enjoy.’

‘Oh I will.’ Devin laughs in return shoving the keys down into the pocket of his jeans.

‘So, where’d you get your experience?’ I ask striking up conversation.

‘I managed Earth Bound in New York.’ He answers with a slow nod, ‘I personally think it’s a pretty nice store.’

‘Yeah, it’s okay.’ I agree checking my phone to see I had a new text from Michael.

‘I hate to be the older, strict guy but no phones while at the register.’

‘Sorry.’ I mutter throwing my phone down into my bag zipping it up.

‘Alright, I will just be in the back if you need anything.’

‘Thanks Devin.’

‘No problem.’ He speaks heading into what was just Shelia’s office last night.

Hours drag around slowly with little customers coming in and actually purchasing something. I walk over to the hermit crab tank and stare through the glass.

‘Look at you getting used to the new tank.’ I crouch down admiring the freaky yet cute animals. ‘How are you guys doing today?’

‘Talking to the crabs, huh?’ Devin comes from the back office with a water bottle wrapped in his arms.

‘I’m starting to warm up to them I guess.’

‘Animal lover?’

‘I wouldn’t say that but yes.’ I laugh nodding my head, ‘What about you?’

‘I’m a dog guy.’ He retorts glancing down at the shiny watch that hung on wrist, ‘You better go to lunch or else I’d be violating your worker rights.’

‘I’m starving now that you mention it.’ I hurry across the counter to grab my purse, more eager to read Michael’s text rather than lunch. ‘So I’ll be back in 30?’

‘Sounds good to me.’ Devin replies pulling his sleek iPhone from his jeans, ‘Oh, I need your number just incase something comes up.’

‘All right. Let’s swap.’ I volunteer taking his phone from his hands.

I save my number in his phone quickly then wait for him to return my phone. He slowly punches his fingers at the screen running a causal hand through his wavy thick hair.

‘See you in thirty.’ Devin places my phone into my palm and I practically run out of the store.

The text from Michael was sent nearly four hours ago just saying how exhausted he was from the constant rehearsals. He was sure to ask me how my day was going so far throwing in a joke about Shelia that brought a smile to my lips. I send a quick reply while I’m waiting in line for a pretzel. I decide to go out to my car and eat listening to the radio while I wait for the half hour to be over.

I really want to see you lol – Michael.

Skype later? – McKenzie.

I actually meant in person but ok – Michael.

You know that I can’t just drop everything and fly across the world no matter how much I really, really want to – McKenzie.

I’ll make it worth it. – Michael.

For the rest of my lunch break Michael attempts to persuade me to come to Australia to visit him. He offers to pay for the ticket, hotel, and anything else I may need. Practically a free trip. All I needed to do was go to the airport, which Michael offered to hire a driver to take me. I make it back to Earth Bound with plenty of time to spare.

‘I’ll see you in the morning.’ Devin pats my back several times as we’re walking out of the store at the end of the day.

‘See you.’ I blink, feeling an eerie wave wash over me as I look away from him.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope everyone enjoyed the new chapter! be sure to comment, subscribe, and recommend the story for your friends if you'd like.

If I Was Your Boyfriend and Canon will now be updated on Mondays and Fridays.

Still The One and Kiss Me, Kiss Me will be updated on Wednesdays and Sundays.

have a good day and thanks for reading!
new twitter name: @schmidtfthoran!