Status: Revamped!

Can You Love a Girl Like Me?

I Heard You Don't Call Back Home Anymore.

I watched the boys as they played through their songs, my eyes focused more so on Josh than anyone else. My mood started to go downhill as they practiced. God, how I wished to be able to hear. I want to go to concerts and watch movies without subtitles and be able to talk to all of my friends, not just the ones that know how to sign. I looked down, staring at my shoes. A pair of black vans entered my vision and I looked up to see slate blue eyes filled with concern. Josh is looking at me oh my god what do I do He pulled out his phone and started typing a message, handing it to me after.

“Are you alright?” The message read. Woah wait what he actually cares to know if i'm okay oh dear lord he's so cute and he wants to talk to me and he's waiting for a reply oh shit

“Yeah, I was just thinking.” I replied, passing the phone back to him. He took it and read it, sitting down next to me and typing again.

“We can talk about whatever is bothering you, if you'd like.” He handed me the phone and I smiled as I read over his message.

“I just.. I wish that I could hear, you know? I want to be able to have a normal conversation and I want to hear music and it just makes me sad sometimes.. I want to be normal..” I gave him his phone and he started reading, a frown gracing his features. He looked up at me and held his arm open as an invitation for me to hug him. I accepted and slid across the sofa, leaning my head on his shoulder as a tear rolled down my cheek. He wrapped his arm around me, rubbing my back gently. We stayed in this position for a bit, and I honestly couldn't believe it was happening. He actually listened to what I had to say and he held me when he knew I was sad. He started to write another message and I read it over his shoulder.

“I'm really sorry that that happened to you, Jill. But if it makes you feel any better, we kinda suck. I wouldn't want to hear us.” I smiled and looked up at him, his lips curled up into a grin and his eyes sparkled. God, he's gorgeous.. He turned away and his lips started to move. I looked up and saw Ricky watching me, a smirk playing at his lips. I slipped out of Josh's arm and walked over to Ricky, pulling him into the corner.

“I see you're getting pretty cozy with Balz, huh?” He signed, raising his eyebrow. I shook my head quickly, trying to defend my actions.

“No it's not like that! I was kinda sulking because I want to be able to hear you guys and he noticed I was sad so he let me cry on his shoulder and we were talking. That's all.” He seemed skeptical at first, but he nodded shortly after.

“He likes you. He wouldn't have made the effort to talk to you if he didn't. I can tell by the way he looks at you. And between you and me, he was kinda off during practice.” I smiled and blushed, turning around to look at the keyboardist.

“i don't know, Ricky. What if he's just being nice out of pity? It's happened before, it could happen again. I don't want to get my hopes up if it's not gonna happen.” Josh glanced at me and immediately I shifted my gaze back to Ricky.

“Just trust me on this, Jill. I know him, and he's not like that. So go talk to him.” He gently pushed me in Josh's direction. I turned around and glared at the guitarist before making my way back over to the couch. I sat down and Josh started to write a message, handing me the phone shortly after.

I read the message and my eyes widened to the size of saucers.

“Would you like to go out with me sometime?” Holy shit did he just ask me on a date?

I looked up at him with my mouth still ajar and he looked nervous. I couldn't believe he actually wanted to go on a date with me like a real live date in public where people would see us ohmygod. I smiled and nodded quickly, leaning over and pecking his cheek. He blushed a light shade of pink and I almost died because wow this adorable boy was blushing because of me. I glanced at Ricky out of the corner of my eye and he grinned, giving me a thumbs up. I smiled and turned back to Josh where I caught him staring at me, a smile on his face. My cheeks flushed and I grabbed his phone, pulling up his contacts screen and adding my name to the long list of people. I went back to the notes page and typed a small message, one that had him grinning like a madman.

"Text me when you want to take me out." It read, and I kissed his cheek, standing up and motioning to Ricky. He smiled and said something to the guys, walking over to me shortly after.

"Ready for me to take you home?" He asked, the boys and I watching his long slender fingers form the words only I could understand. I nodded and he lead me up the stairs, stopping me before I could walk out.

I glanced at the raven haired male and he grinned excitedly.
"So, what happened with Balz?" I blushed and glanced down into the basement, seeing him making some goofy face at Devin.

"He," I hesitated, thinking for a moment. Should I say he wanted to take me out or should I say he asked me on a date? I don't want to seem desperate and annoying already, knowing that Ricky and Josh would talk about it. Gahhhh, this boy is making me crazy

"He asked if he could take me out, you know, like a date or something.." I signed and Ricky grinned even bigger than before.

"Oh, really? That's awesome, Jill. I'll have to give him shit about it later, though." He replied, causing me to smile. He lead me out the door and to his car, and I actually started to dread going home, knowing that I would have to wait even longer to be able to see that blue-eyed keyboardist again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hiiiiii babes I'm sorry this is so short but things will be getting interesting soon! So omg Josh asked Jill on a date, are you guys excited to see what happens? I promise you guys this won't be some cliché, over-done love story, it'll be gettin weird very soon. So very sorry for errors or mistakes, I'm on my phone so if something is wrong, let me know! Anyways, thank you to all of my lovely readers because I wouldn't be doing this without you! :**

~My amazing lovely awesome fabulous commenters~
TheRockshowChick
piercethehotpockets
ToxicAngel
Thank you guys for being so sweet, I really appreciate your comments!
Ps- More feedback, faster updates :)
xoxo, tiarathecreator

Chapter title cred- Shape Shifter, The American Scene