Your Guardian Angel

Burning For You

Kira POV[/u[
“Matt,” I called as I stood in our apartment, I pushed the front door all the way open and stepped through. A delicious smell hit my nose as I walked in the direction of the kitchen after closing the front door. It was a Friday night and I had just gotten home from work. When I entered the kitchen, I saw Matt at the stove, wooden spoon in his hand as he stirred whatever was in the pot. Walking up behind him, I wrapped my arms around his waist, I kissed his clothed back lightly.

“Hey Babe,” Matt said, we began to turn, I loosened my arms and eventually let him go, he turned and looked at me, a smile gracing his perfect face. He kissed me lightly as his arms slipped around my waist.
“I missed you,” he mumbled against my lips causing me to laugh softly.

“I missed you too, I have a favour to ask you,” I stated, Matt loosened his arms slightly and stood up straight.

“Shoot,” he replied, I took a deep breathe and finally opened my mouth to ask him, only to be interrupted by his cell phone ringing. I sighed loudly as he pulled his phone from his pocket and pressed it to his ear.

“Hello,” he answered, he looked down at me with a pout on his face, I laughed lightly and grabbed his free hand, assuring him that I was ok. He brought my hand to his lips and placed a small kiss on my palm. I smiled but stopped when the smell of burning met my nose, I pulled back from Matt and looked over and the oven, black smoke was coming out from the edges of the oven door. Oh shit was the only thought going through my mind as I pulled away from Matt and ran to the oven, I pulled the door open quickly, realizing that was a mistake as the smoke quickly spilled from the cooker. I squealed loudly and grabbed a tea towel, waving it around trying to clear the smoke.

“Oh crap, I’ll call you back,” Matt stated as he hung up his phone and ran to help me, he pulled open the front door and helped me clear the smoke. When the kitchen was clear Matt turned to face me, a sheepish grin on his perfect face. “Take out ok with you?” Matt asked, I giggled but nodded quickly.

“Anyway, I wanted to ask you if you would come to Jacobs birthday tomorrow,” I explained, Matt looked at me with a smiled on his face.

“Yea sure, how old is the little guy anyway?” He asked, grabbing an open bear that was sitting on the counter, he brought the bottle to his lips before taking a sip.

“Four,” I stated, Matt’s eyes went wide as he choked on the bear.

“Wow, its hard to believe that we’ve been going out for four years,” He muttered, I nodded in agreement before grabbing the phone.

“The usual pizza?” I questioned, Matt nodded and pressed his lips to my forehead in a light kiss.

“I love you,” I stated as I dialled the number,

“I love you too, I have to ask you something later,” he replied before walking out of the room. I watched his back as he left.

Worry overcame me as I rested the pizza on the coffee table in front of Matt, he was sitting on the couch in front of the T.V, Fear and Loathing was playing as I joined Matt on the couch. Matt opened the box and the two of us began to eat. Once we were finished I put the box in the bin and grabbed a beer for myself and Matt, walking into the sitting room, I sat down beside Matt and passed him his beer, I opened my own and began to drink.

“Baby, we’ve been together for four years,” Matt began, I nodded now feeling that he was dumping me overcoming my curiosity. “I love you a lot and want you to marry me,” Matt said, I looked up at him in shock before leaping on him, my arms wrapped around his shoulders. “I take that as a yes,” Matt laughed, I nodded enthusiastically.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked,
Comments = UPDATES!