How to Love

Chapter 1

I smiled proudly to myself as I looked around the venue. Only one word came to mind and that was stunning. I was weary when I heard how big the guest list was originally, but everything fell into place. Now all that was left to do was check in on the bride and groom.

"Hold the elevator!" I shouted as I jogged towards the elevator, breaking out of my thoughts, "Thank you."

"Are you here for the wedding," the boy in the elevator asked me. I looked at him; blonde hair, kind of short but well built - overall he was attractive. I wish, I thought to myself.

"I'm the wedding planner," I smiled proudly.

"Ah no partying tonight tonight then?" He pouted, "I'm Brendan."

I laughed and shook my head, "No partying for me," I matched his goofy pout, "I'm Clara."

I was disappointed when the elevator stopped at the floor I was getting off at, I was enjoying talking with him, even if was just stupid, small talk. I had been so consumed in my job that I almost forgot what it was like to have outside conversations with people who weren't also working on the wedding or who were in the bridal party.

"See you later, Clara," Brendan said as I stepped off the elevator. I didn't say anything back, just smiled and continued my pace to the brides room. The wedding ceremony was set to start in 20 minutes so I was just doing a last minute check on the bridal party, making sure everything was set to go. The groom was actually a NHL player so he had a couple players as his groomsmen, and others as guest. His career as a sports star was also why the couple was able to go all out with their wedding.

I first went to the bride, Alexa's room. I knocked once. I expected to see the beautiful bride, cheeky and ready to go. Instead I got a face full of tears and running makeup.

Shit.

"Lex….what's going on," I rushed in the room. Her mom was grabbing a paper towel to dab at her eyes and the makeup artist looked exhausted, the bridesmaids were looking on sympathetically.

"Max saw me like 5 minutes ago," she cried, "That's bad luck! Everyone knows that's bad luck."

I sighed, not knowing what to say. There wasn't anything really; that was the old legend and there wasn't any denying that.

"It's also raining, which is good luck, so it cancels out. Mae fix her makeup please, Lex stop crying. Remember our first meeting? You and Max told me how you met and everything you've been through. Everything is set and ready to go, you're beautiful, he's crazy in love with you. No urban legend is gonna ruin this."

"You're right," she smiled, wiping her face as Mae cringed as that was only another part of her makeup she would have to fix.

I smiled triumphantly as relief washed over everyones face, "This show starts in 10 minutes. I'm gonna go check on Max and the boys."

I walked to the room across the hall and knocked, Max let me in. Thankfully, God answered my prayers and everything in the boys room looked set to go.

"Everything good?" I asked the room as everyone cheered 'yes'. I smiled, turning my attention to the groom, "Nervou?"

"I'm marrying my best friend, I'm ready," he smiled.

"Great, I'm gonna go get my seat. See you all in 5."
♠ ♠ ♠
So so excited about this story..I love Gally so this is going to be super fun to write. Comments are very much appreciated:)