How to Love

Chapter 2

"Are you following me?"

I looked up from my phone to see Brendan, from the elevator, standing above me.

I laughed and shook my head as he took the empty seat next to me, "You're the one who found me," I reminded him.

"Touche," he grinned like a 5 year old right when the bridal party came in and the music started, "Max looks like he's gonna shit his pants."

I looked up to the front to see Max who was sweating and anxiously looking towards the back. I thought it was adorable. I smiled on as the bridal party entered. Out of all the weddings I've done, this was definitely in my top 3 favorite list. The bride and groom were so down to earth and super easy to work with; by today, after working with them for months, I felt like we were more friends than working together.

"Wow," slipped from Brendan's mouth as soon as Alexa came in on her fathers arms. Wow was the word I would use too; she looked stunning.

She gave me a small smile as she passed us and I swear I saw tears sparkling in her eyes. I took my eyes off of her to see Max who was smiling like a toddler, tears easily seen glistening in his as well.

"Are you crying," I looked at Brendan as the bridal party began to exit. The ceremony was truly beautiful.

"No," he said quickly, causing me to laugh, "It's cocktail hour after this, right? Get a drink with me, it's on me."

"It's an open bar," I laughed again, noticing his face go one shade darker, "But sure, I will get a drink with you."

"Thanks for granting me the pleasure of your presence," he laughed sarcastically as I rolled my eyes.

"So how do you know Max?" I asked as we made our way through the crowd. He would stop and say hi to most everyone; being only the wedding planner, the only people I knew were the bridal party, and now Brendan, I suppose.

"He's my teammate," he said nonchalantly as he ordered our drinks, "Please tell me you watch hockey."

I scrunched my nose as he shook his head in mock disgust, "I'm kidding, I'm from Chicago so I watch the Hawks."

"I'm so disappointed, I don't even know if I can give you this drink anymore," he shook his head as we walked around, "So you're from Chicago why are you planning a Canadien wedding?"

I laughed as I took my drink from him, "Don't be a baby and my dad is friends with Alexa's dad and his dad found out I plan weddings as my job, he got in contact with mine and asked me if I could do it."

"Do you like planning weddings? Doesn't it get exhausting sometimes? I'm a guest and it's exhausting."

"You already have a beer and you're talking up a pretty girl, stop whining Gally."

I turned around to see who was talking - a guy about my age, give or take a year or two. I assumed he was another teammate, given the nickname and how he was built. I didn't know much about hockey but being from Chicago a little; I knew they loved their nicknames; i.e. Tazer, Kaner, Sharpy, etc.

"Clara, this is Alex. My russian friend and teammate," Brendan smirked at his friend who rolled his eyes. That answers my accent question, I thought.

"I was born in Wisconsin Brendan," Alex said, amusingly irritated at Brendan. I tried to hold back a laugh, "That means I'm American."

"Prove it," Brendan pushed, "You have a russian accent."

"Get away while you can," Alex said to me as he shook his head and walked away.

I laughed for a little until I glanced at the clock and saw what time it was, "Actually might have to take your friends advice. They're scheduled to bring the food out in like 20 minutes and Max and Alexa are god knows where." I laid my drink down on the corner table before cautiously running off in my heels to find the bride and groom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are very much appreciated:)