Sequel: Who Will Fix Me Now?
Status: Complete :)

We Are an Example of Why Not to Fall in Love

Chapter Six

Josh’s point of view:

Around noon, my doorbell rang. I smile, knowing that it’s Oli. I walk over and open the door, revealing Oli staring up at me.

“Hey, Josh,” he greets me.

“Hey babe,” I say, and he blushes. “Come in.”

I let him in, and he looks around. I smile at him as he smiles.

“Well, Elissa wants to meet you, Grand Master Syko,” I chuckle as I grab his hand and lead him upstairs.

“Elissa’s your sister, right?” he asks shyly. He’s never met her before, and he’s not exactly used to talking to people other than me, Jack, Alex, his parents, and occasionally the teachers.

"Yeah, she is," I nod.

We walk onto Elissa's room, forgetting to knock like I usually do, which pisses her off.

"Joshua Franceschi! Knock next time, you-" she stops when she sees Oli standing shyly next to me.

"That Oli?" Elissa asks me and I nod. She smiles at him.

"Wow, he is cute!" she states, causing Oli to blush.

"He's not old enough for you," I brag. "So he's all mine." She chuckles at me.

"Whatever, Josh. I always talk to you, let me talk to Oli."

I look to Oli and smile.

"Have fun, okay?" I tell him as I peck his cheek. I see him blush a bit before I leave the room, walking into my own. I pull my phone out and click on a certain contact.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jack! You and Alex free?"

"Depends."

"Can you guys come over? Elissa stole Oli."

"Alex is too sore to walk, so you might have to come over."

"Really Jack? Go ahead, feel free to let Jo-"

"Calm down, Alex! He already knows we do it almost everyday!"

"Actually, no. Well, I do now..."

"Well anyways, you coming over, Josh?"

"Nah, I'm too lazy to get up and leave the house. See you guys tomorrow?"

"Yeah. See ya."

"Bye."

With that, I hang up the phone and decide to write more lyrics. I take out my notebook and something to write with and start writing.

<><><>

After a couple hours, I've only come up with a quarter of a song. I only stopped when I heard someone enter the room. I look up to see Oli standing there, looking down at me with a smile. I smile back at him and put my book away.

"You guys have fun?" I ask him as I get up to my feet. The floor's seriously uncomfortable. Well, it is a floor. Floors aren't exactly meant to be comfortable.

"I guess," he shrugs. "All we did was talk."

"About what?" I ask as I walk over to him and grab his hand. I lead him out of the house.

"First about me and you. Then about you."

WTF, for two hours? Creepy much?

"What kind of things?"

"She said we were cute together, then she kept telling me about you before we met..."

I can feel heat rising to my face as I remember the past me.

"Oh God," I sigh, embarrassed. He laughs at me before asking a question.

"Where are we going?"

I shrug, because I really don't know.

"You have any ideas?"

Oli shakes his head.

"Ok. We can walk around for a bit. That sound good?" I suggest, and he smiles and nods.

"As long as I'm with you, I don't care what we do," Oli says, and it makes me feel bad. This kid really likes me.

Yeah, and you really like Rachelle. This'll be worth it.

Fucked up and selfish, but it's true. It will be worth it. And hey, maybe Oli can be with someone better than me, someone who actually deserves someone as amazing as Oli.

"Babe, you okay?" Oli asks me, voice filled concern. I look to him, his expression matching.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I say as I grip his hand a bit tighter.

I still can't believe I'm doing this to the poor lad. I can't believe I'm just using him to make my ex jealous and want me back. I can't believe I'm not putting a stop to it. I mean, I don't even like him the way he thinks. I like him as a friend, well, maybe as a best friend, but nothing more.

"Seriously, Josh, what's wrong?" Oli asks me again.

"Nothing, babe" I lie. He doesn't look like he believed me, but he lets it go anyways, knowing he won't get an answer.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH MY GOD GUYS I'M SO SORRY I THOUGHT I HAD THIS CHAPTER UP LIKE A MONTH AGO OMG I FORGOT TO POST IT I'M HORRIBLE I'M SO SO SORRY I LOVE YOU GUYS!!