Sequel: The Guardians
Status: prequel of The Guardians. Only updated when I don't have ideas for Breath of Life.

Child of Wolf

Introduction

“Good morning!” I yell, announcing my presence in the Hale house. Cora is the first to greet me, wrapping her arms around my legs before running off somewhere else. A chuckle escapes my lips as I follow my nose into the kitchen where Talia is making breakfast.

“Morning Mama Hale.” I say as I make my presence once again known.

“Good morning Stacy,” Talia says, looking away from the bacon long enough to shoot my a smile over her shoulder. “Derek is still sleeping.”

“It’s our first day as freshmen and he’s still asleep?” I scoff, “that’s going to change quickly.” I walk out of the kitchen and straight upstairs to Derek’s room. Without knocking, I walk in and see Derek face first in his pillow, snoring away.

“Derek I don’t know your middle name Hale, wake up!” I shriek. Derek immediately jumps up, looking around the room with a confused expression. But that look quickly turns into a scowl when he sees me standing in the doorway.

“What the hell Sifred!?” He yells, throwing a pillow at me and missing.

“You throw like a girl.” I joke as I walk into his room and climb into bed with him, instantly cuddling up against him. He just groans but doesn’t say much else. “You need to get up, eat breakfast and be ready for Laura to take us to school, got it?”

“Ugh, school.” He groans before burying his face back into his pillow.

“Yea, I know but this is something that needs to happen.” I laugh, “just think in four years we’re free of Beacon Hills; that’s something to look forward to isn’t it?”

“How are you so happy in the morning?”

“Coffee!” I exclaim as I jump out of his bed. “Your ass needs to be downstairs and ready or I’m kicking it!” I walk out of his room and back downstairs, just in time for bacon.

**

“Is today over with yet?” Derek groans as we sit at a table outside for lunch.

“It’s only lunch.” I reply, taking a bite out of my apple, “we’ve got a couple classes left.” As I speak a few pieces of apple manage to escape, but I don’t care; Derek is used to it and it’s not like I’m here to really impress anyone else.

“I hate school.”

“Join the club, we have t-shirts.” I laugh. “Seriously only geeks like school Der.”

“You’re a geek.” He points out, “you watch that stupid sci-fi show.”

“I’m a nerd not a geek,” I clarify, “and lay off Doctor Who, ok pretty boy? Don’t make me smack you with a newspaper.” He narrows his eyes into a glare and it only causes me to laugh.

“You’re such a bitch, Stacy.”

“A bitch you love so much, Derek.” I smirk, causing the boy in front of me to roll his eyes, but a smirk appears on his lips.

I know one thing; if I have Derek by my side, I’ll be able to survive anything. Especially high school.
♠ ♠ ♠
Stacy

this is basically the sequel to my Derek Hale fanfiction, The Guardians. This just gives some back story to their history. Shows them when they were happier.