I'm Broken

Chapter 21

" I'm sorry for bringing you back here. I didn't want to, but I felt it was the best thing to do." I smiled and brought my hand away from his face, grabbing the box from his hands. I set it down next to me, and laced my fingers in between his.
" Shay left with the band. She's moving in with Zayn. She, she was mad that I brought you here. I'm sorry." He whispered.
I squeezed his hand a little, still smiling. He thought this was all a bad thing. Everything was perfect now. Chris's eyes met mine, and he then realized that I was upset with him. He realized that I was happy he kept his promise. Happy that Shay was safe, and on her way to a better life. Most of all. he saw that I was happy that he was the one to be taking care of the child that a monster created.
" Sir,you have five minutes left till you have to leave." Jerry said, regret coating his words.
" Thank you." Chris said over his shoulder. He looked back at me and smiled. " You truly are my little soldier. I love you Tish."
" I will always be your soldier, and I will always love you, Chris." I whispered.
Chris smiled, and leaned down. the hand that I wasn't holding cupped my chin, bringing my lips to connect with his. The simple gesture that lasted simply a second, will last a life time for me.
With that, he left. I picked up my box, set it at the foot of my bed, sat down, and whispered a last goodbye to Shay. I know she won't here it, but I did it anyways.
"Baby girl, I'm home now."
I laid down, and went back to the first day we met.