Status: I'm new to this

Glad I Saw You

Baby Shower

*AMANDA*

It was a couple weeks later..... and Matt has gone to Pittsburgh for the first game of the season. The Avs home opener was on Wednesday. Today was Saturday And today also happened to be my Baby shower - which Mel and the girls have been planning for what seemed like forever.

So I got dressed and put on a nice dress (a red dress with white dots everywhere) that really showed off my bump (which was huge; well at least in my opinion). All the girls slept over and were already awake and dressed and decoration and getting ready. The baby shower was at 12:00 I think.

"Foods here!" Bella called coming in from outside with food all in her hands. The place looked nice and I'm surprised all my friends were coming from Canada and my parents and mother and father-in-law were also coming, I also think Jess (my sister- in-law) was coming.

So everything was set food, decorations and music. Yay! First guests. I went and answered the door and it was my sister-in-law and mother and father-in-laws
"Hi Amanda!" My mother in law said as she hugged me.

"Hi!" I smiled

"Hi Jess and hi my wonderful Father-in-law!" I said as I went and hugged them both.

"Hi!" They both echoed each other. I greeted them and let them inside.
"I hope it's ok but we are going to stay over. But Jess can't she will leave later on" she said.

"That's ok I don't mind you guys staying" I smiled.

"Wow Amanda you are getting so big! I'm so happy for Matt and you."she said smiling and hugging me once again.

"Aww thanks" I laughed

"Oh and whenever we talk on the phone he always mentions how excited he is to be a father and spend his life with you" my mother-in-law whispered. Aww did Matt really think that, I guess he really wanted to have a baby.

Other guests started coming in and I greeted them all.

"Ok hello everyone. As you all should know and can very tell... I am pregnant with two twins a boy and a girl. So that's pretty much it...so let's celebrate!" I said as I put the micro phone down and played music. I went over and talked to all my girl friends.

"Hey guys thanks again for doing all of this" I smiled as I hugged them all.

"Anything for our best friend" they all said.

"So Mel are you going to have a baby shower?" I asked whispering

"No I'm only like 1 month or something but once we find out the gender yes" she laughed

"Ok!" I agreed

"So how's Gabe about all of this?" I asked

"Oh he is so happy and excited. He hopes it's a girl this time though." She smiled.

"Aww" I said

We all danced and ate some food I talked to everyone. I really wanted to watch Matt on TV because I'm pretty sure his game was this afternoon.
I went upstairs quickly and checked my phone for the game.
"YES!" I screamed. Whoops I hope no one heard me...the Avs were leading 3-2 and Matt has scored 2 goals, oh I'm so proud of him. Oh the game actually just ended with the Avs first win of the season. Ugh Matt was coming home tomorrow. I walked back downstairs and went outside.
The baby shower was like inside for food and out for everything else, I mean since our house had an amazing view we had to show it off.

\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#

"This was a fun baby shower guys thanks again for everything...maybe you guys can do another one sometime" I said as my friends left my house and headed for their cars.

"No problem and yeah hopefully in the future!" Bella said as she drove away.

"Bye Amanda congrats again and see you soon" Victoria said. Everyone said their good byes.

"Ok everyone is gone. So what do you guys wanna do?" I asked Matts parents.

"I don't know whatever you want" they replied.

"Hmm maybe-" I said as someone knocked on the door. Hmm who was it, I walked over and ran to the door. I peeked and instantly smiled for who I saw, I opened the door and hugged him.

"MATT!" I said as I opened the door and hugged him.

"Hi baby, we won today and I scored both of my goals for the twins...and you" he winked. I kissed him..HARD.

"Wait weren't you suppose to come tomorrow?" I asked confused

"Yes but I couldn't stand staying away from you" he said kissing me back.

"Hey son" his dad said.

*MATT*

Dad! And Jess and my mom! I assume they are staying over.

"Oh hey dad and Jess..and mom" I said hugging them all.

"We are staying over..except Jess" my mom spoke.

"Oh ok." I smiled.

"So babe any ideas on what to do tonight" Amanda asked. Yeah I had one idea.

"Well I mean we could do it if you-" I said whispering to Amanda but she cut me off.
"With the family babe" she silently laughed.
I mouthed "oh" and blushed.

"Well I don't know ... Maybe karaoke or something like we can pair up" I suggested

"Well I'm singing with Matt!" Amanda said as she hugged my arm and I smiled.

"Ok so Jess do you want to sing alone or" I said

"No I'll be the audience laughing and taking pictures" she smirked.

"Ok so it settled karaoke it is" my dad smiled. Amanda went and grabbed the microphone and I grabbed my guitar.

So my parents were up first and I had no idea what they were going to sing. I actually didn't even know what Amanda and I were singing...whatever we will wing it.

"Ok so this is a song your mother and I made up so hope you guys like it" my dad said. Oh god this was already getting funny.

"Tessstttiiing 123" my mom sang. I looked over to Jess who was taping it all, then looked over to Amanda who's head was buried into my chest and she was trying to hold in her laugh.

"Ok here we go" my dad said

"Dee do te todo la la AHHH yaa do do do deed do" my mom was making some HORRIBLE background music.

"Honey wait removed the music comes after the first word" my dad said reminding her.

"Oh babbbbyy I loooooovvvvveeeeeeeee you sooooooooo oh oh oh oh yaaaaaaa baby I love you soooooo oh oh oh, oh yah baby be .... mine!" My dad started singing and my mom making background music. I was trying so hard to NOT laugh and Amanda was litterly going to die of laughter.

"Oh babbbbyy I lovvvvve you soooooo soooo sooooo MUCHHHHH!" My mom sang.
"Don't EVER LEAVE ME!" My parents sang together. This was just hilarious.

|~|~|~|

Finally the song was finally over and we stood up all three off us (Amanda I and Jess) and clapped. Amanda was dying of laughter and well we all were. After Amanda and I went and we weren't the best, we were smiling and laughing a lot. Eventually we ate and it got late so Jess had to leave.

"Sorry guys but I gotta go now" Jess frowned

"Aww really" Amanda said sadly

"Yeah but don't worry I'll see you guys soon. PS I can't wait to be a aunt" she smiled.

"Bye Jess see you soon" I said hugging my sister and waved goodbye. She left.

"Sorry Matt you mother and I are exhausted so we are heading up to bed. Which room again?" He asked

"Here I'll show you" I said as I walked upstairs with my parents luggage.

"Here this room and just remember that Amanda and I sleep in the room beside the babies room." I reminded them,

"Thanks son" my dad said as he took his luggage and placed it on the floor.

"Night darling" my mother said

"Night mom and dad" I said as I went downstairs.

"NIGHT GUYS!" Amanda yelled.

"Night Amanda" my parents answered.

"So how was the baby shower?" I asked

"Great!" She replied.
"Hey is it true. Your mom said that you are always mentioning how excited you are for being a father and being with me" she smiled. We walked over to our couch and I brought her on my lap.

"Yeah it's true. I have always imagined me having kids one day, and getting married. And now both are coming true and I couldn't be happier. Its way more exciting for becoming a parent then I thought it would be. Plus I get to have kids with such a wonderful wife" I smiled rubbing her belly.

"Oh Matt that's so sweet. I love you so much!" She said as she turned around and kissed me.

"Did you miss me?" I asked

"The babies did I think..." She said grabbing my hand and placing it to a spot where one of them was kicking or something.

"Aww that's probably our boy" I said

"Yeah yeah" she smiled

"So did YOU miss me?" I asked again smirking

"Matt you were like gone for 2 days" she said blinking and teasing.

"Oh so then you didn't miss me!" I said pretending to cry.

"Oh quit being such a drama queen" Amanda said hitting me with a pillow and rolling her eyes.

"Fine." I laughed
"Oh c'mere baby" I said tackling Amanda and tickling her.

"Matt stop stop" is what she managed to say, she was laughing like crazy and her laugh made me go crazy - I love Amanda so much.

"Fine fine I'm done" I smiled as I looked away.

"Thank you.. How's its my turn!" She said... Wait uh oh.

"Wait what no!" I said as I ran off the couch. For a pregnant woman she ran pretty fast. I hid and we chased each other for a bit until I was tired and she tackled me to the ground and tickled me to death.

"Oh Amanda I love you ... So much" I managed to say. I couldn't stop laughing.

"Ok I'm done n-" she said but I cut her off by getting up and picking her off the ground and kiss her. A long warm kiss. I leaned over her and our foreheads touched.

"I love you so much" she whispered

"And I love you" I said kissing her once more.

"Babe I think I had enough for today I'm going up ok" she said.

"Yeah I'm coming up too. I'm exhausted from kissing and tickle fights" I laughed she was already about to go up the stairs and I ran towards her and picked her up and ran with her bridal style still in my arms. I ran straight to our room and placed her on the bed.

"Wow thanks Matt but I think I can walk up the stairs" she teased

"Well whatever it was fun" I grinned

We got changed and went to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Would you guys be interested if I did the story of how Mel and Gabe came to be?