Status: I'm new to this

Glad I Saw You

Finishing the room

*MATT*

The sun rose up and I woke up. Amanda wasn't in bed so she was probably already downstairs, I got up and got changed.
I walked downstairs to see Amanda serving my breakfast - eggs and bacon.

"Yummy thanks baby." I smiled taking the plate over to the table.

"Oh no problem." She added

"So what are we up to today?" I asked eating my eggs.

"Uhh I thought that we could decorate the babies room and put together cribs and stuff so it should take today or maybe even tomorrow." She smiled eating her breakfast.

"Ok sure thing! So I'm guessing we can paint and do that stuff but putting together the other stuff I'll get Nate and Gabe to come over or something." I said.

"Ya sure that would be good." She smiled.

We ate our breakfast and then Amanda got dressed and we headed upstairs to get everything organized. I called Nate quick.

"Yo!" Nate said

"Hi so I was wondering are you busy today?" I asked

"Uhh yeah sorry man umm what for?" He said

"Oh I just needed help with cribs and stuff but I can call someone else thanks though." I said

"Ok anytime though sorry man bye!" He said

"Buh bye" I said ending the call.

"Who was that?" Amanda called from the other room.

"Just Nate. But he's busy so who should I call?" I asked

"Uhh doesn't matter anyone I like the whole team." She said

"Uhh ok I'll call Tyson Barrie or something." I said dialling Tys number.

"Hello?" He said

"Hi it's Matt and I need some help with like cribs and building so can you come around 1:00 today?" I asked

"Uhh yeah I'm not the best builder but I don't mind helping you guys!" He said

"Ok good. Thanks bye!" I said

"Bye!" He ended the call.

"Ok so Tyson can make it. But should we call someone else or one enough?" I asked walking into the babies room.

"Umm I don't know I can paint and you and Tyson can make the cribs but I think we might need someone else. Maybe Gabe or Mel?" She asked

"Yeah I know that Gabe was busy today and Mel was at home with Luke so yeah if it's ok to bring Luke." I said

"Ya it would be nice!" She said

"Here I'll go call her." I said walking away into the our bedroom and calling Mel.

"Hi Matty Duchene!" She giggled

"Hi Mel Landeskog" I fake giggled
I assumed she rolled her eyes.

"Ya so can you come today to help set up the babies room and if you have Luke you can bring him" I said

"Yeah ok I'll come around 1:00 see you soon" she said ending the call.

"Yeah babe Mel is coming with Luke ok?" I said

"Ok!"'she yelled from the room. I walked into the room and she had already bought paint. Burgundy and blue.

"I like these colours." I said coming to Hug her.

"Ya? Me too I love them!" She smiled turning around so she could face me. I just went for it and kissed her.

"So what's the plan. Should we start painting now or wait for everyone later?" She asked

"Well do we have everything?" I asked

"I think...we have 2 cribs, paint, some furniture, baby monitors, baby bottles, shoes, I think we have everything." She said

"Ok so how about cloths?" I asked

"Oh I forgot! I have a few from family and stuff but maybe we should go buy some" she said smiling.

"Yeah sure let's go now!" I smiled.

So she got her makeup on and did her hair nicely and wore nice cloths we looked decent. So we went downstairs and walked to the car, we got in and drove.

"So where are we going?" I asked

"I don't know there should be some stores so we can look around." She said
"Oh wait you know what, there is a place near the rink because I remember going there with Mel" she added

"Ok then we will got there" I said as we went to the direction of the rink. Finally we got to the store.
I got out of the car and Amanda and I walked into the store.

She knew exactly where to go so she brought me over to all the baby cloths and toys.

"Here!" Amanda called grabbing my hand.
"A little Avs jumper!" She smiled putting the clothing over her stomach.

"Yeah get two both different colours" I smiled grabbing the other one. Both one blue and burgundy.

"Ok baby I'm going to go look over here ok?" I said

"Yeah sure thing!" She replied

I walked over to where other cloths were and pacifiers and bottles and stuff. Then these two girl walked past me and one of them turned around and screamed.

"OMG OMG OMG you are MATT DUCHENE!" She screamed

"Uh yeah!" I said trying to back out of this.

"Wait why are you even here?" The other brunette said in a grumpy voice.

"Well I happen to be married to a beautiful lady and she happens to be pregnant. She is right over there." I pointed as Amanda noticed and waved.

"Here Amanda come here!" I yelled as she came to my side and I wrapped my arm over her back and kissed her.

"Ugh let's leave!" The girls said. They walked away and left the store, I wonder why they were even in this store.

"Well I guess they were jealous of such a beautiful woman" I said smiling at Amanda. She kissed me and rolled her eyes as she walked away to where she was before.

I looked at more cloths got a bunch actually but I'm pretty sure Amanda was having her baby shower soon like maybe late September. We actually were done shopping for cloths and stuff I bought all the stuff for our boy and Amanda shopped for our girl. So we went and payed and it was about $80.

So we left and went back home. It was around 1:00 so Tyson and Mel should be here any minute. Amanda and I ate quickly before we left.

*AMANDA*

Ding dong the doorbell rang. I went and opened the door as Matt was upstairs.

"Hi Tyson!" I said as I hugged Tyson.

"Just call me Ty" he laughed.

"Ok Matt is upstairs ok" I said as he ran upstairs.

And then Mel came like 3 seconds after. So she got out of her car and opened the door for Luke as she unstrapped him from his car seat thingy.

I think he was almost 3 so he could talk now.

"Hi Luke!" I said running over to hug him.

"Why you so big?" He asked and I laughed so did Mel.

"Well because she is having a baby just like mommy" she smiled and I put my hand over my mouth.

"No!" I said smiling

"Yeah! Just found out and Gabe already knows I told him and it was all romantic and sweet, he was really happy!" She said

"Oh my gosh! Well congrats wow!" I said hugging her.

"I'm only like 2 weeks in though!" She giggled

"C'mon let's go inside. We are all upstairs so Luke can go into my room and watch a movie or something. Don't worry the room is right beside our room so you can hear him" I said as Mel brought Luke upstairs and put on the tv.

"And by the way I love your hair like that!" Mel said

"Thanks!" I smiled

"Yeah looks great! I bet Matt loved it eh?" She smiled

"Yes!"I laughed

We both walked upstairs and I set up the tv for Luke. I walked back into the room and Ty and Matt were having trouble putting it together.

"Uhh you guys need help?" I asked leaning on the door frame.

"No it's fine... I think we got it." Ty replied

"No it's ok thanks babe" Matt said

"Ok well can you guys maybe set it up in the hallway, Mel and I are going to paint right now" I smiled

"Yeah sure thing!" Ty replied getting everything and bringing the stuff out into the hallway.

"Ok thanks guys!" I said peeking into the hallway.

"No problem babe!" Matt said.

"Ok Mel let's get painting!" I said rubbing my hands together.

"Wait I'm going to check on Luke for a sec." She said as I got my paintbrushes ready and put out the paint.

"Well Luke is already asleep so we have a good 2-5 hours. He's like his daddy - sleeps very LONG." She smiled.

"Oh good!" I laughed

We got our stuff and started painting.

*MATT*

This was really getting confusing. Ty and I were trying to put together this crib. God it's been like 2 and a half hours and we still have another one to go.

"God this is very confusing!" Ty said.

"YES! Should I call someone else to work on the other crib?" I questioned

"I guess I mean it's took so long for just one crib...and we aren't even done yet!" He laughed.

"Yeah I think Gabe should be done whatever he was doing" I laughed.

"Ok I'll go call him." Ty said as he walked over to his cell and left the hallway. God this crib was confusing I mean I didn't think putting it together would take this long. It was about like 5 minutes after and Ty came back.

"So he said he can come but in like 30 minutes" he said

"Yeah that's fine hopefully by then we will be done with this." I smiled

"Yeah hopefully" he said trying to put the pieces together.

----30 minutes later----

"FINALLY DONE!" I yelled putting my hands up in the air and doing a little dance.

"Dude we still have one more to go and the first crib took 3 hours." Ty laughed

"Yes but this time we will have Gabe. And he already has one kid so he should have experience" I corrected Ty and he laughed.

"Ok well I'm going downstairs to eat something if that's fine with you?" Ty said

"Yeah sure have anything you want!" I smiled as he thanked me and walked downstairs.

I walked over to where Amanda was, I wonder if they are done painting yet.
I first checked Luke and well...Mel was asleep beside him. Wow Luke was a LONG sleeper- like Gabe. So I checked Amanda and she was actually almost done it looked great! She had her headphones and was dancing. I was laughing at her moves. I crept over beside her and hugged her and it frightened her.

"God! Matt you almost gave me a heart attack!" She said hitting my arm lightly and laughing. I just kissed her and shut her right up.

"Oh Matt!" She smiled

"Hey the paint looks great!" I said scratching the back of my head.

"Thank you!" She smiled

"Only a few more months!" I said excitingly

"Only a few more months ... Wow" she whispered looking down at her stomach.
I smiled, then the doorbell rang...GABE.

I walked downstairs and answered the door.

"Hey Matt!" Gabe smiled

"Hey Gabe!" I smiled

"Here let's go upstairs" I said opened I the door.

"Ok so let me guess...you and Ty can't put together a crib. Am I right?" Gabe said

"Yeah!" I laughed

"Ok Ty Gabe is here!" I yelled and Ty ran upstairs to the room where we were.

"Hi Gabe" Ty said

"Hey" he replied

"Ok let's get to work!" I said

So Gabe helped out and it only took like an hour or less to make this crib.

"Wow thanks Gabe your a expert!" I said shocked. I didn't think Gabe would be so "professional like" with this.

"Oh baby your here!" Mel said running out of the room to hug Gabe.

"Yeah I made it and helped the boys with this crib" he laughed. They both kissed then Mel went back to the room to help Amanda put cloths in drawers and set up toys.

"Ok so babe we are going to bring the cribs to the room now. Or is the paint not dried yet." I asked

"Are you kidding it has been dry for like ever!" She laughed I rolled my eyes, all though I loved when she joked.

"Ok so I think I can manage to carry this one by my self you guys can bring the other one" I said. I brought the crib into the room and placed it on one side then Ty and Gabe brought the other crib for the other side. Wow the room looked great. The toys and paint were all ready and so were the cribs and cloths.

"Babe this looks amazing!" I said kissing Amanda.

"Hey sorry for interrupting you guys but I got to go now." Ty said looking at his phone.

"Oh really! We were going to order pizza or something" Amanda said frowning.
Thanks for the help though" she added

"Sorry guys wish I could stay and don't worry about it, it was my pleasure" he said. We said good bye and Ty left he was a big help. So Mel, Gabe and Amanda went downstairs and I went to go get Luke.

"Hey Luke what's up" I said walking into the room watching Luke wake up yawn and rub his eyes.

"I dunno? Where is mommy and daddy?" He asked

"They are downstairs so c'mon let's go. You like pizza right?" I asked. He nodded like crazy. I think I'm getting better with kids now, I mean besides in a few months I was going to have two.

We both walked downstairs and Luke ran to his dad.

"So...Matt Mel has some news" Gabe said hugging Mel and Luke.

"Well yeah. Looks like Amanda isn't the only pregnant one here anymore." She smiled

"Oh! Wow congrats guys!" I smiled and hugged them all.

"Ok I'm going to go call the pizza place" Amanda said as she walked over to the phone.

"Anyways Matt we thought it would be nice for Amanda to have the baby shower when your in Pittsburg for the first game. So then when you get back for the Avs season opener you guys can go. I mean because your playing Pittsburg and we though you might not want to go to the shower, only if you want us to change it" Mel said

"I think it's fine!" I smiled

A couple minutes later the doorbell rang and Amanda got the door and payed.
She brought the pizza over. Gabe and I shouldn't be having food like pizza especially so close to our first game and pre season just about starting.

We ate and Gabe, Mel and Luke left and Amanda and I went to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG I think this is VERY long sorry :|