Here One Minute, Gone the Next

The Significance Prevails

My eyes fluttered open from the natural light of the Sun streaming through the windows in their golden glory. I look at the clock on the microwave and see that it is 7 in the morning. Normal people would be aggravated, but I am elated. I love being up early to drink some coffee and enjoy witnessing the insanity of the world unfolding in a beautiful, timeless progression. I try to stretch my arms, but realize they are restraint from a still sleeping Kellin Quinn. I smile to myself while sliding out of his embrace. I don't want to wake him up considering it is so early. Once out of his arms I notice just how cold it is out in the chilly bus air. I start brewing the coffee as I grab today's outfit and head to the shower. After I bathe, do my make up, and brush my teeth I slip on grey skinny jeans, a red v neck, and black high top converse. I bobbi pin my bangs out of my face and let my hair air dry to show the natural wave my hair has. I step out if the bathroom to see Kellin still asleep on the couch. His current position looks super uncomfortable. I decide to wake him up to tell him to move to his bunk. I take a moment to observe how young he looks. While asleep his whole face is really relaxed and he resembles a child. Kellin already looks young, but now he looks even younger.

I lightly nudge his shoulder to wake him up. Nothing. I whisper shout,"Kellin, wake up. You need to move to your bunk. Come on. Wake up!" He still doesn't respond. The other guys are still asleep in the back so I can't be terribly loud unless I want to deal with a bunch of angry band members. No thank you. Lean to Kellin's ear to give talking another shot when he turns his head quickly to kiss my lips. I smile into the kiss and pull away, giving Kellin an unimpressed smirk. He wipes the sleepy out of his eyes and sits up popping his back. He yawns,"Thanks for waking me up at 7:30 in the fucking morning. I needed that, yep. Once awake always awake. What are you doing up right now anyways?" I cross my arms and shift my weight then reply,"Sorry, I wanted you to move to your bunk because you looked uncomfortable. I was planning on just relaxing and drinking some coffee. I actually enjoy mornings." He stood up, put his hands lightly on my hips and said,"Not anymore sweetheart. We are going to breakfast after I beautify myself and bathe." With that he kissed my lips lightly and headed to the bathroom. I blush and pour my coffee before sitting on a recliner.

The bus is really quiet. There is only the not so light snores of sleeping band members, and the streaming of Kellin's shower disturbing the peace and quiet. It is too quiet for my liking. I lightly step to my bag and grab my iPod. I turn it on and start playing Hold On Till May by Pierce The Veil. That is much better. I lightly hum along and sip my coffee until it is gone. I go to put my cup in the sink when the bathroom door opens. I turn my head expecting to see a fully dressed Kellin ready to leave. Instead my eyes meet the gorgeous sight of Kellin wearing only a towel slung low on his hips with his hair dripping some water droplets. I couldn't help bit stare at him. This was a nice sight to see in the morning. I only shift my gaze when I hear Kellin say,"I forgot my clothes. I would say sorry, but you seem to really like what you see!" He winked and turned towards the bunks while flipping his hair. I quickly looked away and vigorously washed my cup while my cheeks were burning from embarrassment. I smiled while remembering what I just saw. I snapped out of my thoughts to stop my music and prepare to leave for breakfast. I was fixing my hair when Kellin stepped out of the bunk area fully dressed this time. He grabbed my hand and kissed my cheek before leading me out of the bus.

We walk through the empty bus lot only to pass some crew members and set up people. The venue is really close to town so we walk to a nearby Starbucks. We walk in and it is not very busy so, we do not have to wait in line. Kellin orders first getting a bagel with cream cheese and a cappuccino. I order the same and they hand us our orders. I chose to sit in the back in a 2 seated table. So far the whole breakfast has been fairly quiet. It was a little strange though since we normally talk. Kellin looked through his phone before saying,"Stephanie, do you have a phone?" I shook my head no. He simply nodded his head in response. I hated the silence. We finished and headed out still in silence. Instead of going back to the venue we were walking deeper into town. I kept giving Kellin questioning glances, but he only held my hand and was smirking. I finally asked,"Kellin, where are we going? The venue is the other way." He kept looking forward and said,"Yeah, I know. I am taking you out to do some shopping. I noticed you don't really have much, so I am buying you some clothes, a phone, and anything else you want." I smiled but said,"No, I can't let you do that. Just let me work for a little while and I can get my own stuff. You do not need to waste your money on buying me stuff." He ignored me as we walked through the doors to a large mall.

The first place Kellin dragged me into was a Verizon Wireless store to get a phone. He chose a white iPhone since I objected to the whole idea. Once the phone was activated Kellin put in his number, the other members of Sleeping With Sirens' numbers, Dawn's number, and Pierce The Veil's numbers. I gratefully took the phone and said Thanks to Kellin. I really was excited for all of this but did not approve of the amount of money he wanted to spend. Next, we went to Hot Topic. I thought it was funny because that is how we met. Me going to Hot Topic, getting drugged, and escaping Derrick. It was only a couple days ago but felt like a lifetime ago. Once inside I noticed why Kellin was wearing a hoodie. He had it over his head as a disguise. That makes sense. I picked out a few pairs of skinny jeans that were red, black, grey, dark blue, acid washed, and white. I also grabbed some t-shirts and tank tops that were Sleeping With Sirens, Pierce The Veil, Of Mice & Men, Bring Me The Horizon, Muse, Memphis Mayfire, Never Shout Never, Led Zeppelin, and Foo Fighters. I found a few hair accessories and bracelets. I felt like I had enough from here. I went over to Kellin so we could check out. He bought everything. I once again thanked him but felt so bad for using his money. Next we went to Journey 's to get some vans, converse, and toms. We next went to Rue 21 to get some different leggings, brained, snapbacks, and cardigans. Once again, Kellin paid. By now it didn't bother me as much and we were constantly joking and having lots of fun. Lastly we went to Victoria's Secret. I told Kellin to wait outside, but he didn't. I got 5 bras and 10 pairs of underwear. We left the mall and instead of going home Kellin took me to a tattoo parlor.

He said,"Get whatever you want. Today is all about you. Any piercings tattoos, or whatever. I chose to get a nose ring, a lip ring, my industrial, and my cartilage pierced. I also was able to get a musical staff on my right forearm with lots of color and it twisted all the way around my arm leading to my elbow where a treble clef was in the crook of my elbow just like Kellin. It looked fucking awesome! Since we only spent 2 hours eating and shopping it was 9:30 when we arrived at the parlor. It was now 11:30 because they had one guy doing my piercings while the other quickly and masterfully did my tattoo. He told me how to take care of it all. We left and started to walk back to the venue. I hugged Kellin as tight as I could and kissed him on the sidewalk because I was so appreciative. He hugged back and smiled into the kiss then replied,"You are very welcome!" With that, we continued to the venue.

Once back to the bus I put on one of my new Sleeping With Sirens tank tops on with a snap back and headed off to start my shift at the merch tent. My shift starts at 1 and I finish at 5, that is enough time for me to go see the guys on stage. I eat some lunch on the bus. I have grapes, a sandwich, courtesy of Justin, and lots of water. Once to the merch tent I see Dawn. She compliments me on my new piercings and tattoo. A hoard of teenage girls are bombarding the table. I remain cool and collected. This is a lot of fun! I am working with Dawn, and another girl, Kelsey, that talks to me as if we have been sisters for years. When I was little I always wished I had a sister. I only had a brother though. Oh well. There was another girl that dropped off new boxes full of more merch. She gave me the stink eye though, so I guess I won't be dealing with her too much. It was 4:30 when it slowed down a bit. The fans were all going to the main stage to get ready to see Sleeping With Sirens I suppose. One girl cam up and said,"I would like shirts number 1 &5 in a medium, the black bracelet, and a hug from my best friend!" I looked up and gasped. It was fucking Kristy! I almost leaped over the table to hug her! Oh My gosh. It has been so long!

She says,"How have you been? Finally got rid of Derrick I see! About fucking time!! I missed you so much. Look at you! Piercings and all. Dayum. It has been like 3 years!" I can't stop smoking and say,"I am good! I has been like 3 years! I actually escaped Derrick a couple days ago, and here I am!! I missed you so much. You don't even know. And look at your tattoos! Wow." Kristy was about 5'7 with short blond hair with brown lowlights. She wore a loose white v neck and black leggings. She had some hand tattoos and a full sleeve on her right arm. This is why I was excited for San Francisco, I almost forgot that she moved here! We talked for a moment longer since there was only like 1 other customer. I gave her the items she wanted and told her to stay her a little longer so we could go watch Sleeping With Sirens together. My shift finally ended and we skipped hand in hand to the main stage talking about the important things that happened over the past 3 years. That was mostly her though considering I have been locked up until 2 days ago. I told her about how I got the job and she freaked out at how lucky I am. Yep, how lucky I have been over the past few days. Let's see how long this lasts.

We go to the crowd for Sleeping With Sirens but I get pulled away by Jesse. I keep a hold on Kristy's hand so she comes with. He takes us backstage and Kristy is going crazy. Kellin comes up and puts his arm around my shoulder and says,"Hey babe, who is this?" I reply with an excited tone,"Kristy! The friend I told you about?" Then Kellin let go of me and gave her a hug and said,"Thank you for introducing her to the greatness that is me!" I laugh at his cockiness while Kristy continues to freak. After that is the 2 minute warning for the guys. They jump around in a circle and run out on stage. The crowd goes nuts and they start their set. It is fucking amazing. This is my first concert and it is perfect. I have Kristy with me, I am backstage, and everything is right. After they are done Kellin runs out and puts his sweaty body against mine and kisses me. Kristy whistles and I blush. I start to walk back to the bus with the guys and Kristy. We are all joking around and having a blast. Once we get settled in the bus there is a knock on the door. Jack screams,"Nose goes!" I lost. I walked over to the door to see Vic. He smiled and walked in saying,"Hey guys, we are throwing a little shindig on our bus later. You all are invited! And that was your daily message from Victor. Byee! Hope to see you later!" He walked out and the guys chanted 'Party!' This was bound to be a fun night.