Status: Decided to give this story a shot, based on a dream I had a few nights ago. Let me know if you want more. :)

New Beginnings

Partners

The trainees arrived at headquarters much sooner than they planned. The ride over consisted of the girls mumbling about how nervous they were. In minutes they would finally know which agent they would be paired with on the case.

"Follow me this way to the conference room where we will meet the rest of the team." stated Rossi.

The trainees were greeted by the team, and a few moments later Rossi began assigning them to their counterparts.

"Nicole Jones, you are paired up with Agent Hotchner and myself. Taylor Grant, you are paired up with Agent Jareau and Agent Morgan. Lastly, Jamie Kozlov you will be paired with Dr. Reid and Tech Analyst Penelope Garcia. We will begin to go over the latest case file in twenty minutes, don't be late."

I cannot believe I am actually standing in a room with the agents I look up to most, it is a dream come true. My only focus during this test is to solve the case and land a permanent job with the BAU. I won't have Morgan's good looks and charm or Rossi and Hotch's prestige to distract me from the case. I may not have the physical advantage on my team, but we do have the brains. Nothing can stop me from accomplishing my dream.

I walk up to Dr. Reid, "Hello Dr. Reid, I'm Jamie Kovlov. I'm thrilled to be teamed up with Garcia and you on the case. I think we're going to make a strong minded team.".

"It's great to meet you too Jamie. You can call me Spencer or Reid, either is fine. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and showing you the ropes here at the BAU. I'm going to start going over the case files, meet me at my desk after you have introduced yourself to Garcia."

I confidently approached Garcia, "Hello Penelope Garcia, it is an honor to finally meet you. You are the most beautiful and craziest tech analyst in the world. I am grateful for the chance to work alongside Dr. Reid and you for my test."

"Jamie Kovlov, I am pleased to meet you too. You're academy photo does not do you justice, talk about gorgeous long brown hair. I have heard a lot about you and your skills. I may or may not have been scouting the trainees for the best one. If I had the authority to choose, I would pick you for sure. At some point we must plan to hang out, we have so much to discuss over coffee."

After joining Reid at his desk, he began to brief us on the case.

At this point, I knew I needed to stay focused and create an unbreakable bond with Reid and Garcia.